Live from Summit (I'm going to try)

Smellytoes

Yesterday was another beautiful day at the pool. The weather has been perfect this cruise. Saw the show ,Life, then dinner in the mdr. I ad a fried fish which was not on the menu on the app. It was very good. We had reservations at le petite chef but they changed the menu from when I booked so we cancelled

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smellytoes said:

Yesterday was another beautiful day at the pool. The weather has been perfect this cruise. Saw the show ,Life, then dinner in the mdr. I ad a fried fish which was not on the menu on the app. It was very good. We had reservations at le petite chef but they changed the menu from when I booked so we cancelled

Le Petite chef usually has two menus.  My DH will not eat fish and he takes the substitute menu.  They offer alternatives to the scheduled menu.  While I find the food good, we really go for the show.  We go once per sailing on each ship.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:28 AM, Smellytoes said:

Dinner was at the main dining room. We have select dining but made reservations every night. I had a fish cake appetizer that wasn’t on the menu on the app  It was excellent  then had a shrimp scampi that was served with rice (also not on the app menu) and a steak Dianne which unfortunately was inedible. Very chewy. The shrimp scampi was very good. Tonight dinner is at Tuscan grille

Just wondering, if items are not on the menu - do they give you a paper menu in the restaurant, or does the waiter tell you additional items without your asking?  Thank you.  

2 hours ago, thepoint said:

Just wondering, if items are not on the menu - do they give you a paper menu in the restaurant, or does the waiter tell you additional items without your asking?  Thank you.  

They give you a paper menu that has more choices than what is shown in the app

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Smellytoes said:

Last night we ran into our first service issue. The waiter brought my daughters food but forgot mine. By the time we could find the waiter my daughter was finished so we just walked out

wow.. avoid that waiter!

hope you reported to maitre d

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

That’s unfortunate. Your waiter failed on multiple levels. The head waiter should have been alerted. 

I could have done that but by the time I realized zed my food wasn’t coming I was exhausted so we left. That wasn’t the waiters fault. He did come up to us last night and profusely apologized. I reassured him that it wasn’t his fault that I was too tired to hang around. He really is a sweet kid doing the best he can

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Smellytoes said:

I could have done that but by the time I realized zed my food wasn’t coming I was exhausted so we left. That wasn’t the waiters fault. He did come up to us last night and profusely apologized. I reassured him that it wasn’t his fault that I was too tired to hang around. He really is a sweet kid doing the best he can

Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to do a live review. I know from experience they do take up time.

Your attitude to cruising is perfect…Things aren’t always going to be perfect but if you value the good you are guaranteed a great voyage! Remember on nights you are really tired the buffet is a good option…

Looking forward to following the remainder of your live post…

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

That wasn’t the waiters fault. 

I am sorry but I cannot see how it could be anything other than the waiter's fault.  He served your daughter her food, he should have yours with him at the same time.  That is how my wife and I have always been served.  Not getting your food to you is no one other than the waiter's fault.  Unless, as Rich said, there is something missing in this story. 

• Like 3