Back from Aurora - Eastern Med

jeanlyon

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But why are they cut in a hexagon shape, does this enable them to pack more pre frozen ones into the packaging?😮😎

It's because 99% of P&O pax prefer hexagonal roasties...

• Haha 9

On 10/23/2023 at 7:56 PM, tring said:

I thought the Headliners who left Aurora on Oct 3rd, (with us), had been on for much longer than that, I am sure we were told they had been on for a long time - more then 3 months, but I know one of them had joined towards the end of that stint, rather than at the beginning of the stint.  Could it have been that just a couple of them had changed before your cruise?  Is it Aurora you were on then?

We were on that Baltics cruise too and were definitely told that they were a new troupe. They were very good.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 7:56 PM, tring said:

I thought the Headliners who left Aurora on Oct 3rd, (with us), had been on for much longer than that, I am sure we were told they had been on for a long time - more then 3 months, but I know one of them had joined towards the end of that stint, rather than at the beginning of the stint.  Could it have been that just a couple of them had changed before your cruise?  Is it Aurora you were on then?

No it was a completely new crew as Paul, the entertainment manager, references it a number of times and they only performed a few times during the 16 day cruise. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, EM35 said:

No it was a completely new crew as Paul, the entertainment manager, references it a number of times and they only performed a few times during the 16 day cruise. 

Thank you For the reply. 

If you look back, you will see my question of was answered by FangedRose and we have both assumed that group were only on for about 2.5 months on that occasion.  I do accept that, perhaps their contracts vary in length.

Edited by tring

On 10/22/2023 at 5:52 PM, Selbourne said:

Thanks Jean. We are on second sitting on Ventura next week, so I’ll be interested to see if they allow unfinished bottles of wine to be kept for the next visit. 

We also noticed the previously ‘always available’ items being used to pad out the menu (as opposed to just being stated at the bottom, as they used to be) but, thankfully, I like roasts on cruise ships so I always found something that I was happy with!

We don’t miss the evening turndown either!

We are on Ventura right now first sitting no offer to hold half bottles of wine.

26 minutes ago, Plugtheleak said:

We are on Ventura right now first sitting no offer to hold half bottles of wine.

Thanks for letting me know. Hope that you are enjoying your cruise and leave her in good order for us to board on Saturday 😂 How are you finding the food in the main dining room? Have you tried any of the supplementary cost items?

We too were on this cruise and would agree the Cruise Director is well past his sell by date.... When he cancelled all the dancing and activity things in Carmen's during the rough weather why was no other entertainment laid on like a nice film perhaps!... There was nothing extra inside for when we couldn't go outside. 

I think the Captain was out of order for not making any announcements during the rough weather.... 

I thought food was average, I struggled to find things I liked most nights.  Entertainment good but they need to change the shows as we've seen them umpteen times. 

We look forward to comparing Arcadia at Christmas!!! 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 7:53 PM, Britboys said:

It's because 99% of P&O pax prefer hexagonal roasties...

Round ones roll under the cooker when they fall off the plate. With irregular shapes,they can be replated, thus saving wastage.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Must vary by ship. Recently off Arcadia Canada trip and wine was kept for next night. 

They were holding part bottles on Aurora last week on club dining, someone on the cruise posted that they didn't hold part bottles on anytime dining. 

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

They were holding part bottles on Aurora last week on club dining, someone on the cruise posted that they didn't hold part bottles on anytime dining. 

That's right.  They don't do it on Freedom any more.  we were Club and they put your name on the bottle and the table number.  Agree with Jennie Wren above, food very average, slightly better on formal nights, but the continuous roasts drive me nuts.  I also struggled some evenings to choose the least worst.

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

That would explain the hairy spuds with the turkey roast

Do you have inside information, or are you just hoping they introduce the Turkey roast.?........They're bootifull.🤣🦃

42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Do you have inside information, or are you just hoping they introduce the Turkey roast.?........They're bootifull.🤣🦃

We had the turkey roast one night and it was very nice, shame about the hairy spuds though, they play havoc with the dentures, ptth, ptth.

• Haha 5

On 10/26/2023 at 5:26 PM, Selbourne said:

Thanks for letting me know. Hope that you are enjoying your cruise and leave her in good order for us to board on Saturday 😂 How are you finding the food in the main dining room? Have you tried any of the supplementary cost items?

Selbourne sorry for the late reply, been a hectic few days getting home and back to work tomorrow. We thought the MDR food was very good, always something to tempt us. As far as I could see the upgrade was the same option each day, we did not take them up on it as found the regular options enough for us. The cruise was only 1 week so longer cruises the menu may get a little repetitive.

Thought the ship was generally in good order and hope you enjoy your cruise. We are already catching up on you blog!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2