Live From The Odyssey, across the Pacific Ocean

FlyingScotSailors

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from FlyingScotSailors! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

FlyingScotSailors was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

We boarded the Odyssey yesterday in Los Angeles, for the 32 day cruise across the Pacific to New Zealand.  We have been to Los Angeles and Auckland before; all the other ports are new for us.

There are 315 guests and 362 crew members on board. The feeling and energy at the sail away was really great. It is surprising to us how many people chose a 32 day cruise for their first time on Seabourn.

The Odyssey looks good.  There are new carpets in the corredors on some decks, and new chairs and sofa in our suite.

A&P

20231022_111319.thumb.jpg.e0fd064477063d75b6c7ac9fb5be6ef9.jpg

20231022_111303.thumb.jpg.655c0b9b908ffc7e8326f5cf0dd0b11c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to your updates. We are considering a transatlantic next year and I am particularly interested in the kinds of activities that may be offered with so many sea days. (Like lectures, classes, crafts, games etc.)  Any info you can pass along will be welcome!

Have a great time!

Edited by lisa6191

Thanks for reporting live, FlyingScotSailors. I hope you'll post regularly, we are considering a similar Seabourn cruise. I believe this is your itinerary:

21 Oct             17:00       Los Angeles, Long Beach-San Pedro, California            
28 Oct 08:00 - 23:00       Honolulu, Oahu Island Hawaii            
29 Oct 08:00 - 14:00       Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii            
31 Oct 07:00 - 15:00       Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island            
04 Nov 10:00 - 17:00       Fanning Island, Line Islands, Kiribati            
07 Nov 08:00 - 19:00       Bora Bora Island, Vaitape, Society Islands French Polynesia            
08 Nov 07:00 - 22:00       Papeete, Tahiti Island French Polynesia            
09 Nov 08:00 - 17:00       Raiatea Island, Uturoa, French Polynesia            
11 Nov 08:00 - 17:00       Aitutaki Island, Cook Islands NZ            
12 Nov 07:00 - 16:00       Rarotonga Island, Avarua, Cook Islands NZ            
14 Nov 08:00 - 17:00       Alofi, Niue Island            
17 Nov 08:00 - 18:00       Nukualofa, Tongatapu, Tonga            
18 Nov 08:00 - 17:00       Vavau Islands Tonga, Neiafu            
22 Nov 08:00 - 17:00       Bay of Islands, Russell, New Zealand            
23 Nov 07:00                   Auckland, New Zealand            

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

@lisa6191 Yes, all those.  Here is today's Herald. 

20231022_144341.thumb.jpg.96f06355eecc309e09af07b272b3b863.jpg

Thank you! I guess it matters who’s on the ship? There was nothing like that on our recent Med cruise, but we only had one sea day. Hopefully they bring artists, teachers, etc on the cruises with lots of sea days.

In other news, I love your itinerary. Very jealous. Looking forward to your reports!

• Thanks 1

There are art classes on sea days at 10:00 and 15:00 with instructor Bette.  First class was nice today.

New in-suite dining menu rolled out today (Odyssey is the last ship to get this).

Guest directory has restarted on this segment - on an opt-in basis as before, as it should be; delivery via email (default option) or printouts (upon request, but not in a booklet format).

No welcome "designer" soap selection yet.

No farewell gift (used to be pillow spray) for those who disembarked in LA yesterday.

As mentioned previously on other threads, Zero @ Sea (mocktails), saketinis, and sushi at The Club were rolled out a few weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, lincslady said:

That new sofa in the suite looks a bit softer than the old ones!

I was just going to post the same thing: OMG, finally a truly comfortable sofa in a Seabourn suite! The old ones were okay, but definitely not super-comfortable. I hope they're replacing them on all the ships! 😀

• Like 2

Have a great trip!  Thank you for making the effort and I look forward to reading your posts 🙂

We disembarked Odyssey in May in Honolulu after doing a 15 night segment from Papeete that went in the opposite direction to your cruise.  It looks like there have been a number of positive changes since then that are making us look forward even more (if that's possible LOL) to boarding her again in Sydney in December!