Welcome gifts for diamond plus

George C

4 hours ago, nyer said:

DH and I made D+ on our last cruise, so I am new to all this.   Do you get a bottle of wine plus a gift plus a snack item, or do you choose one of those things on the list of amenties?

TIA

I've been getting a random bottle of wine or champagne from guest service. Chefs choice is whatever snack they choose to deliver.

The amenities you pick. You can call and set it for a certain  bottle of wine, but they may substitute. Mine are set to chocolate truffles and the beach bag. I get 3. The beach bag counts as 2.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I've been getting a random bottle of wine or champagne from guest service. Chefs choice is whatever snack they choose to deliver.

The amenities you pick. You can call and set it for a certain  bottle of wine, but they may substitute. Mine are set to chocolate truffles and the beach bag. I get 3. The beach bag counts as 2.

How would someone know the tote bag counts as 2? Is there anything else on the list that counts as 2? I didn’t see where it says that.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How would someone know the tote bag counts as 2? Is there anything else on the list that counts as 2? I didn’t see where it says that.

Idk I called and that's what they said. It said somewhere one per household. But I doubt its enforced idk. Maybe when they said that they were short, just got them in?

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

For a couple of cruises, we ordered the beach tote (the blue and white stripe) as one of our 3 gifts. It did not count as 2. I’ve never heard of any selection that counted as 2 gifts (yet). 

m

Then they owe me some gifts lol. I should be getting 2 I'd think not just the beach bag. I should cal, and cancel it anyway. I've been giving the bags away. Trying to cut down on cruise junk before I move. 

On 10/29/2023 at 8:52 PM, firefly333 said:

You were given the wrong info by a Royal employee. Each time I have called Royal as to my welcome gift preference, I have been told I could only select 1 bag. When I am on the ship, I visit the loyalty ambassador & get the amount of bags I prefer. Completed a b2b this month and was given 6 bags over the 2 cruises. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:08 PM, George C said:

I would have liked another beach towel , we are in a full suite so we get water , side, beer wine all day . We have at least a dozen beach bags from lots of lines ,

I had a hard time finding takers for that beach towel.

Just completed an October sailing aboard Harmony . We only received two  welcome aboard Diamond Plus gifts, 4 bottles ofwater and a fruit plate!!! Usually , we recieve something like chocolate dipped straberrues, cookies, a small token gift, like key chain, luggage tags. Skimpy at best!! 

20 minutes ago, crusincucamonga said:

Just completed an October sailing aboard Harmony . We only received two  welcome aboard Diamond Plus gifts, 4 bottles ofwater and a fruit plate!!! Usually , we recieve something like chocolate dipped straberrues, cookies, a small token gift, like key chain, luggage tags. Skimpy at best!! 

You can call Royal if you have not already and specify your preference e.g. toiletry bag. See details at this link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

On 10/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

And to make to more confusing, many YEARS AGO ( 20 or  more), there actually were welcome aboard gifts provided to passengers. I don't recall if it was all returning passengers, or those at a certain level.  Items such as toiletry bags, photo frames, tote bags, fanny packs (cross body bags😀), hats, then there were snack baskets/boxes. It was not something one could select but a standard gift given to all eligible.  Some used to complain about the gift (didn't want what was the current gift, didn't like it etc.) so RCCL got rid of the complaining by eliminating all the welcome gifts.   

Is this something you recall? 

M

Here’s is photo of 2 gifts. One is from the Adventure and the other from the Vision. 

IMG_2018.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 8:52 PM, firefly333 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the "Fruit Truffles" are and what they look like.  Have seen no pics and no reviews: am confused? 

They are great! Just chocolate truffles in pastel colors with a hint of fruit flavor! But you will probably get something else instead. There are photos online, but we ate ours. 😚

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

Does anyone have any idea what the "Fruit Truffles" are and what they look like.  Have seen no pics and no reviews: am confused? 

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

Oh I just had one today. Almost finished box and a unopened box. They are delicious imo. I dont like truffles but I love these chocolates.  Fruit flavored. Lime and orange etc. 

20231031_231343.jpg