The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday November 2nd, 2023

richwmn

Living in a small town can have its disadvantages, but sometimes there are advantages.  Our golf cart was picked up a little after 1pm. We got a call ahortly after 4 pm that it was fixed and would be delivered between 5 and 5:30.  It is back home and running like new, except the lights and the horn.  That's becauase we didn’t ask them to sork on those. We must have caught them ln a slow day.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for all your suggestions. 

I have finally convinced DH to go to the Urgent Care.

We will go tomorrow morning after breakfast.

He has a dermatology appointment first. Then breakfast and then Urgent Care. 

I will post when I can.

Thank you all for your support and help.

Terri

Terri, that is good news.  Since you will be out and you do the driving, UC shouldn't be a problem.  I hope he's correct and there's nothing to worry about.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18

Good evening!  I’ve been busy on day 2. A sea day.  Cozumel tomorrow. 

just wanted to drop in with a sunset picture from last night after sail-away from Galveston 

Best wishes for good health for all of you in pain or ill. Hoping you soon feel well. Smiles to all with good news 

IMG_4047.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Thank you!  We think it is a good way, too, and we booked an extra night in San Diego after the cruise. 

Congratulations on booking!  We are also staying an extra night in San Diego because the best direct flight for us is too early on disembarkation day. We love San Diego though, we went to college there and lived there after first getting married. Great memories. 

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you my good friends for your kind words to me today on my lovely late mam's 12th memory.

Paulines dear mams funeral was 5 years today.

I met Pauline 45 years ago today which was a Thursday too.

God bless you all.

Graham.

Graham, you have many memories today.  Some sad and some happy.  Meeting Pauline 45 years ago has to be so special. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Am very late to post, thanks for the Fleet locations and all the Daily news.

It's good that Asparagus season has arrived here.

@cruising sister  wonderful news of the progress baby Murphy is making.

@Cruzin Terri  am pleased that your DH will have his knee checked.

Best wishes to everyone on the care list.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12

22 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

After having our phones for five years, we purchased new phones yesterday but it didn't go as smoothly as it should. We are somewhat tech savvy - but! Going from an Android Phone to an I-Phone, but that is not the problem. The lady that was helping us transferred our stored data to the new phones. It was taking twice as long as she had predicted though. Three trips back to the store and it still wasn't completed for both phones when she had completed her day at 5:00 pm. Sue brought the phones home as the lady said they would continue to load overnight.

Here is the problem. The lady has a day off. She loaded my stored data on Sue's phone and vice versa! Sue has my contacts and photos and I have hers. Plus mine doesn't work. So another trip or - three tomorrow to get it straightened out. All because my SIm card stopped working last month on my old phone while on our cruise.

Yikes, Jack!  Someone sure screwed up.  It might be best she is off and someone else fixes it 😉. Sort of sounds like she either a) wasn’t focused or b) inept.

21 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, it’s good afternoon here.  Actually not that good, our stop in Cartagena was cancelled due to the wind, (as @kochleffel mentioned), which will be increasing  It’s part of the huge system affecting Graham in England, and I’m thinking may  affect our future ports in Spain and Portugal.  In fact , Pat said at lunch “Won’t it be funny if our next port is Fort Lauderdale!”  Not that funny…

Sorry about no Cartagena, Ann.  I hope Pat is VERY wrong and the rest of your ports remain on your itinerary 🤞 

19 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I checked the neighbourhood to see if the tech was available, but the grade 2 kid next door was still in school, so I invited a neighbour over to help. 

LOL on the grade 2 kid - isn’t that the truth?  😂 

19 hours ago, ger_77 said:

DH had a great conversation with his cardiologist who was checking on him after the pacemaker implant.  The brief phone appointment ended with the cardiologist telling him "Go and enjoy your cruise!"   Yay!!! 

That is WONDERFUL news 🙂 

17 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good late morning,

I have a bit of good news. Baby Murphy has been moved to a lower level of care. The parents can stay in the room with her and have a bed and shower. They are weaning TPN and increasing feeds as well as weaning her CPAP. She keeps pulling the CPAP out so they hope to wean her soon. DB had a better night. I talked with him today and he sounded stronger. I encouraged him not to get behind the pain. He is very resistant to pain meds but realized he may need them for a few days. 

Wonderful news on Baby Murphy and your DB 👍 

17 hours ago, cruising sister said:

My surgery for my resistant trigger finger was moved up to the 20th. That should give me sufficient time to heal before the GA cruise. This will motivate me to get organized before the 20th for my luggage forward. 

Excellent!  that’s a relief that you have time to heal before your GA cruise 👍 

18 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Instead of a day in Cartagena , we will have three classical music recitals this afternoon and evening in the Explorers’ Lounge.  In the “old days” we got a glass of bubbly at dinner if we missed a port.  

I would happily take the recitals 🙂. Does this mean there is classical music on board 🤞 

Hope you get your glass of bubbly at dinner.  Captain Van Eerten is pretty good at that stuff, normally.  

Delighted to see you have him on board.  Now I have my fingers crossed he will be on for our sailing next year 🤞 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Without @richwmn's content we would be nowhere.  I don't think it's fair to expect him to also be proofreader in chief.

Roy

Well said, Roy 👍. I completely agree with you.

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for all your suggestions. 

I have finally convinced DH to go to the Urgent Care.

We will go tomorrow morning after breakfast.

He has a dermatology appointment first. Then breakfast and then Urgent Care. 

I will post when I can.

Thank you all for your support and help.

Terri

Glad to hear you have convinced him, Terri.

Best wishes for his visit and dermatology appointment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1