Cruise Documents and Printable Luggage Tags?

harryw

Our cruise is about a month away and we booked through a

TA. We haven’t sailed with O for a few years. Will we still receive a paper cruise booklet and will there be an online link to 

printable  luggage tags?

29 minutes ago, harryw said:

TA. We haven’t sailed with O for a few years. Will we still receive a paper cruise booklet and will there be an online link to 

printable  luggage tags?

@harryw GREAT question and I am on my first Oceania Cruise leaving on Thursday.  About a month prior, I got the really nice portfolio and in it was luggage tags.  I have them but will most likely not use them.  Oceania to my knowledge has no printable luggage tags.  However, I created one and will share with you below.  The tags I use are from Amazon, see link.

Highwind Cruise Luggage Tags for Suitcases

I hope it helps.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.  

Template_Luggage_Labels.docx

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, harryw said:

printable  luggage tags?

You should receive a booklet for your cruise with printed luggage tags included.  Unless your TA specified they be sent to you directly, they will be sent to your TA.  I would contact your TA and ask how your they specified for your documents to be delivered.  There is no online link to print luggage tags.

• Thanks 1

The luggage tags that O supplies with your Docs.Are to be put on BEFORE u give them to the handlers on the pier before you board the ship so they get to your cabin 

Do not use them as luggage tags for flying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. I do have tag holders that I also bought on Amazon. I’ll contact my TA if the booklet isn’t receiced soon.

Sthrngary -

You will love O! We are Celebrity refugees who found O and it’s been our favorite 

cruise line for many years. You are in for a treat!

• Thanks 1

There were no printed tags for our cruise earlier in the year. I used one that someone on the forum had designed, similar idea to that by Strhnhgary. Tag holders also through Amazon -  which has more choice than you could shake a stick at. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe that Oceania stopped mailing the booklets to countries outside of North America.....the porters at the docks are prepared for this and have the cabin list and blank tags ready to assist those that did not receive them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harters said:

There were no printed tags for our cruise earlier in the year. I used one that someone on the forum had designed, similar idea to that by Strhnhgary. Tag holders also through Amazon -  which has more choice than you could shake a stick at. 

Someone from CruiseCritic Shared these earlier which we (used with Amazon holders) for our Vista cruise - they worked well as they were very clear.  Possibly these ones???

You could add contact details if you wished.

Luggage Tags Template from CC.docx

The luggage tags from O are only to get your luggage to your cabin from the dock. They are not to be used when you are flying to you embarkation port, those tags will only confuse the airline staff. Put the O tags on after claiming your luggage at the airport.

• Like 2

We cruised in August and only received e-docs which was ok by us - however we had been warned about the luggage tags and were informed that we would have to do them on arrival dock side.  Some one here suggested to make our own so I ordered something like this.... https://www.amazon.com.au/Luggage-Reuseable-Baggage-Suitcase-Identify/dp/B0C5MBNRS7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3T4FQNJEV3OK3&keywords=cruise%2Bluggage%2Btags&qid=1699218443&sprefix=cruise%2Bluggage%2Btags%2Caps%2C313&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

...then made my own tag to fit.  We were so glad we did as many were queuing at the dock to fill out their tags and we just headed straight past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

.... may I add - when making your own tag try to add the cabin category colour.  It makes it easier for the baggage handlers.

eg: I think is something like this but you may need confirm first -    White- B to G cabins.  Silver - A.  Gold - PH.  Black/Gold -suites

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@harryw GREAT question and I am on my first Oceania Cruise leaving on Thursday.  About a month prior, I got the really nice portfolio and in it was luggage tags.  I have them but will most likely not use them.  Oceania to my knowledge has no printable luggage tags.  However, I created one and will share with you below.  The tags I use are from Amazon, see link.

Highwind Cruise Luggage Tags for Suitcases

I hope it helps.

Template_Luggage_Labels.docx 28.93 kB · 48 downloads

May ask what is the reason you would not use the tags the cruise line asks you to use? We are on Vista now and used ours with no difficulties. Crew is used to reading the format of the tags and they seem to adhere fairly well. We did receive enough that we double tagged each of our bags. The Oceania format highlights the cabin number well. Your format mixes the cabin number with information such as your home address which has nothing to do with the purpose of the tags...helping the crew identify upon a quick glance when sorting luggage which elevator to send the bag to. IMHO if every passenger adopted their own format it would make the crew's job on a very busy day much harder.

Edited by edgee
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, edgee said:

May ask what is the reason you would not use the tags the cruise line asks you to use? We are on Vista now and used ours with no difficulties. Crew is used to reading the format of the tags and they seem to adhere fairly well. We did receive enough that we double tagged each of our bags. The Oceania format highlights the cabin number well. Your format mixes the cabin number with information such as your home address which has nothing to do with the purpose of the tags...helping the crew identify upon a quick glance when sorting luggage which elevator to send the bag to. IMHO if every passenger adopted their own format it would make the crew's job on a very busy day much harder.

My thoughts exactly.  And why do you want anyone to know what your home address is???

• Thanks 2

I booked my upcoming cruise late. The cruise packets had already been mailed and i called and asked if one could be mailed to me.  I was told it was too late.  However they are sending me blank luggage tags.  

This will work fine.  At least they are the ones that will be recognizable by the crew.

Terri

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I booked my upcoming cruise late. The cruise packets had already been mailed and i called and asked if one could be mailed to me.  I was told it was too late.  However they are sending me blank luggage tags.  

This will work fine.  At least they are the ones that will be recognizable by the crew.

Terri

This year Oceania decided NOT to send us the Blue Book and luggage labels pre-cruise.  Something to do with postage to Australia maybe? 

We were told that we could get handwritten tags at the port prior to boarding - but we preferred to take the bags from the hotel already with tags rather than muck around writing bag tags when we were ready and wanting to board.

I would have been delighted to use Oceania tags if they could have gone to the trouble and expense of posting them to me.   I did ask Oceania and the answer was "no".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HilsTas said:

This year Oceania decided NOT to send us the Blue Book and luggage labels pre-cruise.  Something to do with postage to Australia maybe? 

I think I recall from a previous thread that it now seems to be only North Americans who are being sent tags. Didnt get the Blue Book either. Don't know about the postage costs for this - doesnt seem to deter them from sending sales brochures on an almost weekly basis to me in the UK. 

Edited by Harters
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, edgee said:

You misunderstood. I put on the Oceania paper tags at port. In my past, I put on the paper tags at my home and they were torn off.  Also, NCL provided a paper printable tag and I made the habit. Hope that answers the question. 

50 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

You misunderstood. I put on the Oceania paper tags at port. In my past, I put on the paper tags at my home and they were torn off.  Also, NCL provided a paper printable tag and I made the habit. Hope that answers the question. 

"GREAT question and I am on my first Oceania Cruise leaving on Thursday.  About a month prior, I got the really nice portfolio and in it was luggage tags.  I have them but will most likely not use them."  

That's why I'm confused and still wondering why create a luggage tag template?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

"GREAT question and I am on my first Oceania Cruise leaving on Thursday.  About a month prior, I got the really nice portfolio and in it was luggage tags.  I have them but will most likely not use them."  

That's why I'm confused and still wondering why create a luggage tag template?

Since Oceana is so different from NCL in their process, I originally did the homemade tag. Reading lots of responses, I will now put the sent Oceania Tag on at port. My guest did not have a cabin number prior to getting Oceania Tags. Simple thought it could not hurt to have both. Hope I clarified. 

11 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Since Oceana is so different from NCL in their process, I originally did the homemade tag. Reading lots of responses, I will now put the sent Oceania Tag on at port. My guest did not have a cabin number prior to getting Oceania Tags. Simple thought it could not hurt to have both. Hope I clarified. 

Thx for clarification. I always put my cruise ship tags on the morning of embarkation so that there is much less concern they will tear off during pre cruise travel on plane. Also,since I never use cruise line air or pre cruise hotel provided by cruise line, I want zero chance that a "helpful" worker arranging cruise line transportation to the hotel or ship will take my bag off of the luggage carousel thinking my bag/I am part of a cruise line group transfer. In other words, when I travel I want no label on my bags either my own or the cruise line's indicating I am going on a cruise, except right before embarking the ship.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, edgee said:

Thx for clarification. I always put my cruise ship tags on the morning of embarkation so that there is much less concern they will tear off during pre cruise travel on plane. Also,since I never use cruise line air or pre cruise hotel provided by cruise line, I want zero chance that a "helpful" worker arranging cruise line transportation to the hotel or ship will take my bag off of the luggage carousel thinking my bag/I am part of a cruise line group transfer. In other words, when I travel I want no label on my bags either my own or the cruise line's indicating I am going on a cruise, except right before embarking the ship.

@edgee I was not going to respond but your point is to important.  I never gave a thought to the Homemade Tags, at the airport, being picked up by a Cruise Brand Representative to go to the ship or hotel.  That is something so obvious that I missed.  You are 100% right.  I will follow those instructions from this point forward.  Thank you.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, edgee said:

I want zero chance that a "helpful" worker arranging cruise line transportation to the hotel or ship will take my bag off of the luggage carousel thinking my bag/I am part of a cruise line group transfer.

I have never come across  a cruise line  picking up luggage from baggage claim area

Maybe on a charter flight  but even then you usually take your bags to the transfer bus  🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1