Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

On 12/4/2023 at 12:06 PM, GMIAC said:

Is there sunscreen available at the pool? We're carry-on travelers and usually have to stop for sunscreen after we land at our destination, but if they have it onboard (maybe they carry it in the shop onboard?) we won't have to.

We gladly discovered during our first Seabourn cruise (in March on Venture) that they had sunscreen available near pool to share for free.

Edited by kirtihk

11 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

We gladly discovered during our first Seabourn cruise (in March on Venture) that they had sunscreen available near pool to share for free.

Sorry, should've clarified. I was asking about Grandeur.

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Did you have a screamer?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but we were pretty surprised how many people were willing to not only bring up but forcefully discuss political topics with unwitting fellow pax... I came to vacation, meet interesting people (any definition of "interesting" will suffice), have fun, and relax. I did not come to be subjected to political tirades in the pools, hot tubs, bars, at all hours of the day and evening!  Of course no fault of Azamara's but we were quite amazed at how many people wanted to spark and then engage in this type of discourse. No thanks!

8 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Not sure exactly what you mean, but we were pretty surprised how many people were willing to not only bring up but forcefully discuss political topics with unwitting fellow pax... I came to vacation, meet interesting people (any definition of "interesting" will suffice), have fun, and relax. I did not come to be subjected to political tirades in the pools, hot tubs, bars, at all hours of the day and evening!  Of course no fault of Azamara's but we were quite amazed at how many people wanted to spark and then engage in this type of discourse. No thanks!

In this context, I consider a screamer to be anyone who cannot shut up about their political beliefs in public (on a ship). In today's world, discussing politics with strangers is just looking for trouble and utterly tasteless.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

In this context, I consider a screamer to be anyone who cannot shut up about their political beliefs in public (on a ship). In today's world, discussing politics with strangers is just looking for trouble and utterly tasteless.

I’m afraid this will get worse in the next year….I will not discuss politics or religion.

4 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I’m afraid this will get worse in the next year….I will not discuss politics or religion.

years go there even was a fight in a bar on a another luxurious company ...

I am Belgian  and it seems the term "liberal"    is something else in the US as in Europe,  here it is the centre ...

• Like 1

Grandeur is docked for 2nd day at Kings Wharf, Bermuda. GREAT cruise continues. Even with a cold, overcast, blustery day, DW and I did putt-putt on Sports deck 12.  Like rest of ship, Sports deck's colors and "decor" are stunning! Nine-hole putting  has "traps"  and "hazards" - fun time. 

Lots of lounges (covered and uncovered) on Deck 12.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vistaman said:

years go there even was a fight in a bar on a another luxurious company ...

I am Belgian  and it seems the term "liberal"    is something else in the US as in Europe,  here it is the centre ...

Years ago? There was one a few months ago that made it to Youtube. A couple of weeks back, 4 people were kicked off Navigator as well. Regent won't tolerate that nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Years ago? There was one a few months ago that made it to Youtube. A couple of weeks back, 4 people were kicked off Navigator as well. Regent won't tolerate that nonsense. 

Yeah I read about that and saw part of the video, just horrible.  Just goes to show you that money doesn't equal taste or class. (and booze can also strip away the veneer of class that some exhibit).

I fear this next year leading up to the election will be fraught with political peril no matter where we go, as for some reason people feel the need to bring up the topic in otherwise polite conversation.

7 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Yeah I read about that and saw part of the video, just horrible.  Just goes to show you that money doesn't equal taste or class. (and booze can also strip away the veneer of class that some exhibit).

I fear this next year leading up to the election will be fraught with political peril no matter where we go, as for some reason people feel the need to bring up the topic in otherwise polite conversation.

Agreed. If I meet someone for the first time, I would much rather see what we have in common vs. finding whatever differences might exist.

• Like 3

Friday, last day before Miami - beautiful about 79 F. Did the Spa jacuzzusi ( the large central rectangular). Much better than "infinity pools on Explorer and Splendor. Heated to 97 to 103 F. Limited to 20 persons; would fit 10 nicely. Great stern view. More than gentle roll with ship (in calm seas).  Very nice sauna, cold room and specialty showers. Lovely private shower.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Friday, last day before Miami - beautiful about 79 F. Did the Spa jacuzzusi ( the large central rectangular). Much better than "infinity pools on Explorer and Splendor. Heated to 97 to 103 F. Limited to 20 persons; would fit 10 nicely. Great stern view. More than gentle roll with ship (in calm seas).  Very nice sauna, cold room and specialty showers. Lovely private shower.

Do they have the heated loungers? (So nice for the circulation).

4 minutes ago, Snh lname said:

Looking forward to her in Miami. Setting my alarm for early to see her docking on webcam. 

Counting the days till the 21st.  

Yes indeed!  Did you mention you had been on Mariner? I used my credit for the 14-night holiday Miami to Miami in 2025. I too enjoy getting away from the holiday crowds in Florida, LOL.

We were on Mariner last summer to Alaska. We’re not not big fans of Alaska.  Every excursion turned out to be an expedition. Alaska is BIG. 

Absolutely. 

Next Christmas we’ll be on Explorer (2nd cruise) to Australia and New Zealand. 

The only ship we haven’t been on is Splendor. 

We’ve really never had a bad experience on RSSC. Whenever we’re on board we always see staff who know us. 

Edited by Snh lname
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Snh lname said:

Looking forward to her in Miami. Setting my alarm for early to see her docking on webcam. 

Counting the days till the 21st.  

33 minutes ago, Snh lname said:

We were on Mariner last summer to Alaska. We’re not not big fans of Alaska.  Every excursion turned out to be an expedition. Alaska is BIG. 

Absolutely. 

Next Christmas we’ll be on Explorer (2nd cruise) to Australia and New Zealand. 

The only ship we haven’t been on is Splendor. 

We’ve really never had a bad experience on RSSC. Whenever we’re on board we always see staff who know us. 

How do I find the web cam- I would love to see the ship. We will be on board on Dec 13

• Like 1