Summit, 1 couple Aqua Class and 1 couple Retreat (accessible 9123), dining and being together.

Prada Cowboy

Hi folks,

I just have won an upgrade to a Sky Suite (9123) but my friends did not since the ship is now totally sold out. 1st I would like to know how noisy Suite 9123 under the pool deck is. I am really concerned. We have the same boarding time, but will we be able to walk on together through the Retreat check-in door in Miami? As I got off the phone with Celebrity, I got told we cannot dine together in either restaurant together or have to choose the MDR if we do so. I thought Retreat guests can dine for free in BLU and we could invite them do have lunch/dinner with us in Luminae for an extra charge (what would be the charge as of now?). Also I know we can not take our friends to the Retreat Deck or Lounge, the purpose was to be together for my best friends 40st birthday and now its a total mess. And yes they bid as well and I guess we did get the last Suite available. It would be great if someone could tell me how strict they are and how much extra cost will be in front of us to take my friends as much as close with us as possible.

Thank you!

You can ask the Maitre D at Luminae to allow your friends for any meal and will be accomodated as  space available for charges. I believe dinner is $30 pp. Lunch and breakfast are less. You can request to eat with them in Blu, again space available. Certainly this won't be something you can do daily. If you both want to dine in MDR, both should advise the Maitre D' in both Blu and Luminae if your plans. 

17 minutes ago, Prada Cowboy said:

Hi folks,

I just have won an upgrade to a Sky Suite (9123) but my friends did not since the ship is now totally sold out. 1st I would like to know how noisy Suite 9123 under the pool deck is. I am really concerned. We have the same boarding time, but will we be able to walk on together through the Retreat check-in door in Miami?

no

As I got off the phone with Celebrity, I got told we cannot dine together in either restaurant together or have to choose the MDR if we do so. I thought Retreat guests can dine for free in BLU

space available basis and probably not every night

and we could invite them do have lunch/dinner with us in Luminae for an extra charge (what would be the charge as of now?).

yes you can

Also I know we can not take our friends to the Retreat Deck or Lounge

that is correct

Best thing to do is DECIDE if you want to always dine with your friends in the MDR or would you switch off a few nights dining with them and a few alone in Luminae. That's your first decisions. If you don't mind skipping Luminae altogether them problem solved. What we did when we had a similar situation with my parents who weren't in Aquaclass is we dined alone in aquaclass a few nights and then in the MDR with my parents a few nights. Definitely driven by the nightly menu in Blu. 

They Cannot check in with you nor can you bring them into the Retreat lounge or Retreat Deck. 

• Like 1

For that special 40th Birthday you might consider booking Tuscan.    You then wouldn't have to worry about being allowed or not allowed to dine because of capacity.    If you are flexible about your timing I'm sure Luminae Maitre D' will work with you if you choose to eat in Luminae.

• Like 1

Your dilemma is a good lesson for others traveling together. If dining together and/or hanging out in Retreat areas is important to you, don’t bid on upgrades. There are no guarantees both will be accepted, even if equal $$. You’ve had some advice on how to manage this so I’m sure you’ll work things out. And keep checking, there may be a last minute cancel but they’d likely have to pay a higher rate than the move up one. Best of luck to you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes, you can dine in Blu

On a space-available basis.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

For that special 40th Birthday you might consider booking Tuscan.

It's a personal thing, but I would never pay for Tuscan. It's not worth it. Le Petit Chef is kitchy, but we found the food to be very good there.

• Like 1

As stated:

You will Board through suite entrance.

They will board through the regular entrance and process.

They cannot join you at the Retreat Lounge for drinks, snacks  or events,   or join you at the  outside Retreat Area..

You  probably can all eat breakfast in BLU..usually not crowded.

Dinner options were covered....

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 7:26 PM, hcat said:

You will Board through suite entrance.

They will board through the regular entrance and process

If the reservations are linked they will let non suite board with suite guests.  Had this happen in the spring, my friend was going through the other line and the women said she needed to go to the suite line.  I believe it was because she was linked to my booking.

2 hours ago, Prada Cowboy said:

All sorted out! Thank you Celebrity! They can come with us all the way Retreat!!!!

that would be very interesting if that was allowed if you mean they become Retreat.   This came up not long ago with a family travelling with adjoining cabins.  The Retreat cabin is Retreat. The Aqua is Aqua.  Some Luminae managers will allow, for a fee and availability your friends for dinner. 

Unless you have in writing, keep in mind a lot of new people at Celebrity and you may be told things that are not correct

• Like 1

So, there is something called the RETREAT PASS, which gets you full access to all the Suite/Retreat amenities. There is only 2-4 per cruise for certain circumstances. 1. One needs to be just got into The Retreat, no other Retreat Suites available anymore to upgrade/upsell the other couple. They still need to be as well on the move up program with a high bid in case something becomes available further towards the cruise and they will lock in those prices, we sail in one week. Then it is roughly $100 per person a day. They do not count nights, so our 4 night was counted as 5 days. $1000 extra for them to be with us and not have a Suite.

So just in case you book a Suite and your kids or friends in a regular room, and Suites are available that time they will not get that pass.

Edited by Prada Cowboy
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Prada Cowboy said:

So, there is something called the RETREAT PASS, which gets you full access to all the Suite/Retreat amenities. There is only 2-4 per cruise for certain circumstances. 1. One needs to be just got into The Retreat, no other Retreat Suites available anymore to upgrade/upsell the other couple. They still need to be as well on the move up program with a high bid in case something becomes available further towards the cruise and they will lock in those prices, we sail in one week. Then it is roughly $100 per person a day. They do not count nights, so our 4 night was counted as 5 days. $1000 extra for them to be with us and not have a Suite.

So just in case you book a Suite and your kids or friends in a regular room, and Suites are available that time they will not get that pass.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I'm glad it all worked out for you. It's also good information for others in the future . 

• Like 1

Makes sense that they would have something like this on a limited, exceptional basis. It did not sound like OP was trying to game the system--both he and his friend seemed to put in reasonable upgrade bids but only one could be accommodated. That said I wonder how much the $1000 for the pass compares to the cost of the actual suite upgrade!

And I don't think OP mentioned - does this include Luminae access?

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Your friends should try a move-up bid-  May work out on the Summit.  Also, I would dine in Specialty restaurants nightly to be with them.  Have a nice cruise.

They did but only the OP received a cabin upgrade to Retreat and their friends didn't since Retreat was sold out.