Final Payment on a Sunday?

crystalspin

Final payment due 11/19. Booked with PCC but can make payment on line... I think! Would hate for it to fall through considering HAL's weekend website problems. Does the phone go through? I ran into no answer on Christmas weekend starting on FRIDAY, some years ago.

Anyone ever push it to the last day on a weekend/Sunday? WE HAVE THE MONEY! But, the month closes on 19th for credit card billing, and my husband wants to put it off to next month. NOT KITING! just his habit...

Have a call into my PCC for her opinion. As many can attest, I read A LOT of threads on this board, but I can't remember this one being asked.

Edited by crystalspin

Is the PCC able to do the charge on the 19th?  Does he/she work on Sundays?  My TA, fortunately, is able to bill my card any day I ask her to, but not all TAs are available 7 days a week.

Good Luck and let us know what you find out!

~Nancy

1 minute ago, mightycruisequeen said:

... I've never pushed it to the last day, Sunday or not.  You gotta have nerves of steel!

Yes, and mine are not! PCC does not work on weekends (although she not infrequently calls me back after 5pm Pacific). And the website is flaky already, and it's not even the weekend -- suspect the launch of Black Friday week has pushed IT to their limit. 

Going to try to pay right now! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Final payment due 11/19. Booked with PCC but can make payment on line... I think! Would hate for it to fall through considering HAL's weekend website problems. Does the phone go through? I ran into no answer on Christmas weekend starting on FRIDAY, some years ago.

Anyone ever push it to the last day on a weekend/Sunday? WE HAVE THE MONEY! But, the month closes on 19th for credit card billing, and my husband wants to put it off to next month. NOT KITING! just his habit...

Have a call into my PCC for her opinion. As many can attest, I read A LOT of threads on this board, but I can't remember this one being asked.

I’m a fan of making payments based on billing cycle.  Our March cruise is due on 12/15 and I’ll probably wait until the new cycle starts on 12/14. I’ve never had an issue paying online.  Having said that I’ve been getting the spinning circle on HAL all afternoon.  Worst case call in and someone will take the card over the phone.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yes, and mine are not! PCC does not work on weekends (although she not infrequently calls me back after 5pm Pacific). And the website is flaky already, and it's not even the weekend -- suspect the launch of Black Friday week has pushed IT to their limit. 

Hopefully you were successful.

Last week our final was due. I did not want to try and wait till last minute on the weekend. so went online and tried in the afternoon. Tried 3 times and each time  after I had inputted the CC info and hit, pay button, the HAL system would log me out of the website. After three tries I contacted our PCC  via email with just an hour left in her day. She got right back to me and we paid over the phone. 

We had never had that kind of issue before but never trust HAL's site on a weekend especially with a holiday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I’m a fan of making payments based on billing cycle.  Our March cruise is due on 12/15 and I’ll probably wait until the new cycle starts on 12/14. I’ve never had an issue paying online.  Having said that I’ve been getting the spinning circle on HAL all afternoon.  Worst case call in and someone will take the card over the phone.

I just did it! Chase doesn't close cycle (accounts) until 8pm Pacific but I don't know what time of day (ON A SUNDAY!) HAL would ding me hard. To "re-buy" our cabin today it would be over $4400 more -- not worth any chance of that!

So we don't really have an answer to my original question for anyone else looking at this thread in the future, so far.

• Like 1

Good that you went ahead and paid it. HAL will not process through their bank till Monday at the earliest. It may show as a hold on your credit card but it will not be a transaction till it actually hits your bank which most likely will be Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I just did it! Chase doesn't close cycle (accounts) until 8pm Pacific but I don't know what time of day (ON A SUNDAY!) HAL would ding me hard. To "re-buy" our cabin today it would be over $4400 more -- not worth any chance of that!

So we don't really have an answer to my original question for anyone else looking at this thread in the future, so far.

I agree with @LAFFNVEGAS it won’t post until Monday or Tuesday which is past the statement date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Good idea.  But you do not have to go through your pcc to make final payment.  You can call any agent at the regular 1-800 number on the 19th and they will process your final payment

Edited by retird
  • Like 3

Why take a chance?  We always pay a few days ahead of final payment date in case there are any problems with technology, credit cards, etc.  You never know what might go wrong.  A few years ago we tried to buy Superbowl tickets through a ticket broker the night after our team won the NFC Championship game.  Our credit card company was having technology problems and could not manually authorize the $12,000 purchase that night and said it would be the next day.  Luckily, we had another credit card with a high credit limit to use to get the purchase completed that night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retird said:

Good idea.  But you do not have to go through your pcc to make final payment.  You can call any agent at the regular 1-800 number on the 19th and they will process your final payment

You are right and you do not even have to call. I just processed the "Make A Payment" on my booking's page. I did call my PCC back to let her know I didn't need her help, and I got her first ring. She verified that Final Payment was taken care of!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

If there is money on the reservation, there's probably a grace period. If you are talking about Sunday to Monday, you are likely OK. If you are talking about Christmas to New Year's, you probably aren't.

• Like 1

@crystalspin glad you got it done!  I didn’t want that stress either as, like you, our final payment is tomorrow.  No way was I taking the chance of being delayed by flights home or whatever so we paid in full before our Eurodam  cruise.  Otherwise I would have been a worry wart!  

Looking forward to meeting you in person in February!

• Like 1