Black Friday

swanseaboy

17 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Odd. I’ve just logged on to my cruise Personaliser again and the landing page is full of Black Friday offers for our cruise - WiFi packages plus selected excursions, spa and gift packages. 

IMG_2754.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

I’ve tried again. In the actual Cruise Personaliser for the booked cruises, my tab headings are different. After ‘Internet’, I don’t have ‘Gifts’, just ‘Travel Extras’. No ‘Deals’ in red!  

When I click through the e-mail sent by P&O, I land on the page where you access the CP and then, nothing else to indicate any savings! 

Just now, Ardennais said:

When I access the P&O homepage, without logging in, I get this. If I click ‘Deals’ in red, I just get a list of cruises. I wonder whether the internet/drinks/shorex deals are just for these cruises?

IMG_0120.thumb.jpeg.4cb79663e72cd6174f41eac3ff8e9bad.jpeg

You have to log in to your individual cruises.  Each one will carry the offers for that particular cruise.  I have three, they all have excursions, spa, Internet and gift offerings.  For the excursions the descriptions have a red price and black Friday deal across them.

Just now, Megabear2 said:

You have to log in to your individual cruises.  Each one will carry the offers for that particular cruise.  I have three, they all have excursions, spa, Internet and gift offerings.  For the excursions the descriptions have a red price and black Friday deal across them.

I’ve done that, and there are no offers at all for either of them! 

21 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve done that, and there are no offers at all for either of them! 

If I log onto my cruises with the booking numbers I get this page, you can select the "Browse cruising" button or select different offers individually

image.thumb.png.6ed7d44ca947344384ec4b16a4189d1e.png

• Like 1

Very strange. I don’t get what you can see! I’ve tried without logging in and I’ve also logged into both cruises. 

In my cruise personaliser, for both criuses, I simply don’t have a Deals tab, unlike the page shown a few posts above by Shelbourne. 

I’ll have another go tomorrow! 

Edited by Ardennais

25 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

It’s now showing the deals - on my iPad! Doesn’t show on my desktop using Edge for some reason!  Very strange. 

Tried again n my desktop. Doesn’t show with Edge but works ok with Chrome! 

Possibly you need to clear cookies on Edge. Worth a try seeing as you know the offers are there on iPad,

5 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Possibly you need to clear cookies on Edge. Worth a try seeing as you know the offers are there on iPad,

Thanks. I do that every month but will do it again tomorrow. None of the shore excursions I was interested in are included in the offer though! 

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

If I log onto my cruises with the booking numbers I get this page, you can select the "Browse cruising" button or select different offers individually

image.thumb.png.6ed7d44ca947344384ec4b16a4189d1e.png

I have an upcoming cruise on Aurora, the deal price on the ultimate cruise internet plan is £14.12 per day reduced from £17.65.  Surprised/ hadn’t realised that the internet cost appears to vary from ship to ship, particularly as Aurora apparently doesn’t have the starlink capability yet.

2 hours ago, crompton21 said:

I have an upcoming cruise on Aurora, the deal price on the ultimate cruise internet plan is £14.12 per day reduced from £17.65.  Surprised/ hadn’t realised that the internet cost appears to vary from ship to ship, particularly as Aurora apparently doesn’t have the starlink capability yet.

The price per day alters according to how long the cruise is, the longer cruises are cheaper by day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The price per day alters according to how long the cruise is, the longer cruises are cheaper by day. 

The cruise is 16 nights which according to the website makes it eligible for the stated longer cruise discounted price…..so there must be more than one level of discounting.  In fairness, £17.65 is a discount from the quoted £18.00.

9 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It’s now showing the deals - on my iPad! Doesn’t show on my desktop using Edge for some reason!  Very strange. 

Tried again n my desktop. Doesn’t show with Edge but works ok with Chrome! 

Does not surprise me, I have never used the MS browser, I always found Chrome and Firefox much more reliable and far faster.

• Like 1

I'm on a cruise in April/May on Aurora to the Baltic. I wouldn't normally book excursions this far ahead, but the Black Friday offer inspired me to do so - which was probably the object of the exercise from P&O's viewpoint. Only a handful of excursions had the 20% off Black Friday offer, and they tended to be the cheaper ones, so the possible savings were limited, especially as I didn't fancy one of them. Still, I've saved £18, which is better than nowt.

I did wonder whether their accounting might be slack enough that, if I waited till the excursions were full price again and then cancelled them, they might in error refund me the full rather than the discounted amount. 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crompton21 said:

The cruise is 16 nights which according to the website makes it eligible for the stated longer cruise discounted price…..so there must be more than one level of discounting.  In fairness, £17.65 is a discount from the quoted £18.00.

Depending on the cruise, multiple discounts come into play. I have got the Essentials plan for £6.48 a day. This is a combination of longer cruise discount (50% - our cruise is 65 nights), Black Friday discount (a further 20%) and my loyalty discount (a further 10%).

I’ve never bought a plan before, but as we are away for so long, have a lot of sea days (that I find boring), and my mobile phone only gives me free calls and data in Europe, I decided that as it was only going to cost me the equivalent of one drink a day it was worthwhile. I was also impressed that it worked extremely well on Ventura when I tried it for 2 x 24 hour periods as a trial before buying it for our long cruise, but I have since discovered that StarLink has yet to be installed on Aurora, even though P&O are promoting it as being on all ships! However, @molecrochip assures me that it will be installed before our cruise departs (3rd Jan) 🤞

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I did wonder whether their accounting might be slack enough that, if I waited till the excursions were full price again and then cancelled them, they might in error refund me the full rather than the discounted amount. 🙂

Even P&Os IT isn’t that incompetent 😂 In fairness, I was impressed when I cancelled the one excursion that I’d booked that had been discounted and my internet plan (which I’d booked at a 15% launch discount but was now 20% off). They both disappeared off my Cruise Personaliser immediately and within minutes I had the emails to confirm that the refunds had been authorised. I then immediately re-booked both at the lower Black Friday prices and, again, I had the confirmation emails within minutes and both re-appeared on my Cruise Personaliser immediately. It’s a shame that it’s not possible to do the same thing, with such ease, when the cruise price falls 😂 

• Like 3

So I've just logged in to my 16 night cruise for October 2024.  I can get the basic wifi package for £9.40 a day, down from £11.75.  Are you saying that I would get 10% loyalty discount off as well?  Oops, yes you are, because I just clicked on to the next page.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1