Dining Assignment Question

artvlay

Unless you are in a formal group, pretty sure you need to link all of the reservations for this to happen.  Are you working with a travel agent or PVP?  If so, they can help you. If not, everyone could do my time dining and then check into to dinner together.  Good luck.  

• Like 2

There is no email address to contact them.

If you've linked your bookings together and have the same dinner sitting then you can be seated together, subject to the size of the group vs. the size of the tables they have in the dining room.

The Maitre 'D will be available in the dining room on embarkation day for any questions.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

I have tried the steakhouse and Maitre'd email several times on different ships- never have gotten a response, so don't get your hopes up. But I have never had any trouble just going to the maitre'd in the mdr when first getting on the ship and getting any issues addressed then.

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

A few days before sailing, if you put your names and cabin numbers on John Heald's Facebook page, he will forward the request. Otherwise there is no email to send to.

Carnival REALLY should come up with a better system than this.  John doesn't have a consistent schedule, sometimes he's not available because he's travelling, lately he's had to deal with family issues, etc. etc.

AND, from my experience I'd go with a) linking your bookings ahead of time and then b) visiting the Maitre'd in the dining room as soon as possible after you get on the ship, often times there will be an announcement as to when he/she will be available.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Carnival REALLY should come up with a better system than this.  John doesn't have a consistent schedule, sometimes he's not available because he's travelling, lately he's had to deal with family issues, etc. etc.

AND, from my experience I'd go with a) linking your bookings ahead of time and then b) visiting the Maitre'd in the dining room as soon as possible after you get on the ship, often times there will be an announcement as to when he/she will be available.

It really is as simple as talk to the maitre'd during embarkation - there isn't much else going on onboard at that time anyway, so it's not a huge burden. People make it more complicated than it needs to be.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mz-s said:

It really is as simple as talk to the maitre'd during embarkation - there isn't much else going on onboard at that time anyway, so it's not a huge burden. People make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Considering that the Maitre'd has complete control so why not ask the right person but then one can't humblebrag...

We had 14 people on our last cruise all linked together prior to the cruise. We all had any time dining.  There were 2 nights where we all ate together at the same table.  I simply went to the restaurant in the morning and they reserved a time for us.  All we had to do was show up.  The other nights we selected who was coming to diner and did the any time dining through the app.

From my experience you need to link reservations together, but keep in mind if any of the group book through a independent travel agent that will make things more interesting. This happen with us on our last cruise. Although this was through Celebrity. 

I went to the Maitre'd on the first day we boarded. Since some of our group booked Anytime and other booked 6pm. That made things interesting. We all had to move to Anytime before the cruise. Then when on board I made sure we had a table for 10. We had to change our time to make it work. But every night we had a table for 10, same table and time. I just rebooked the same table and time every night. It worked out fine. I tip the Maitre'd extra as she caught on and always rebooked us anyways. 

My guess is that will work the same for Carnival. Ideally you all book either Anytime or Standard dining before the cruise.... Also MAKE SURE the rooms are linked for dining before sailing.