Check in process

NoShoes2

For our last cruise we were able to check in using the app to select our board time. We were then able complete the process later that day. Is it still the same or should we be prepared to complete the entire check in? 

Edited by NoShoes2

9 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

I've also noticed that the app no longer asks me to add a photo for our boarding info - is that correct?  Hope I didn't miss something in the process.  

Maybe they were getting too many photos that didn't meet their requirements. They would always retake our photos at the port so I stopped uploading them in advance. 

• Thanks 2

You no longer have to take your "selfie" photo during the boarding process to the app. You can receive your boarding/check-in time without taking the photo. Then later take a "selfie" pic that you like...and you can re-take that photo over and over if you aren't happy with the previous take.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always do my check in time on the app, and then go on my laptop to finish the check in process after I get home from the gym.  Print out my boarding pass, and I am good to go.  I want a paper copy, never use the boarding pass on the app. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, jerick said:

Does check in need to be completed in one day, or can you get your boarding time and finish checking in a few days later?

If you check in using the app you can skip ahead and get your boarding time and then come back later to finish checking in. When you are ready to finish checking in you can do it on the app or online. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

If you check in using the app you can skip ahead and get your boarding time and then come back later to finish checking in. When you are ready to finish checking in you can do it on the app or online. 

Heads up all:  I'm sailing on Vision in January and CANNOT do check in on a computer.  You must check in via the APP or stand in a longer line at the pier (for me, Baltimore).  Royal is doing this experiment with the Vision and the Grandeur (info from Royal representative) with the idea of extending to the entire fleet.  Luggage tags will be emailed.  I've reserved my arrival time via the APP but will probably do my check in in person.  Don't like being forced into using tech I don't quite trust (yeah, I know, get over it).  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SG65CB said:

That’s my plan. We wanted to make sure to have the earliest boarding slot, so I was up at 11:00 (central time). It worked out great. 

3 hours ago, JHU said:

Heads up all:  I'm sailing on Vision in January and CANNOT do check in on a computer.  You must check in via the APP or stand in a longer line at the pier (for me, Baltimore).  Royal is doing this experiment with the Vision and the Grandeur (info from Royal representative) with the idea of extending to the entire fleet.  Luggage tags will be emailed.  I've reserved my arrival time via the APP but will probably do my check in in person.  Don't like being forced into using tech I don't quite trust (yeah, I know, get over it).  

Thanks for the heads up

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

That’s my plan. We wanted to make sure to have the earliest boarding slot, so I was up at 11:00 (central time). It worked out great. 

You select your check in time to show up at the embarkation terminal. Not boarding time. 

It’s been a very long time since cruising Royal. I checked us in, got email confirmation, and got the Guest Ticket Booklet which I printed out. Booklet does not have anything that appears to be a “boarding pass” to me. Is there such a thing or is Passport all that is needed at Port?

53 minutes ago, cellfree said:

It’s been a very long time since cruising Royal. I checked us in, got email confirmation, and got the Guest Ticket Booklet which I printed out. Booklet does not have anything that appears to be a “boarding pass” to me. Is there such a thing or is Passport all that is needed at Port?

the boarding pass is in the app or you can get it by logging into your account on the royal website 

21 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

For our last cruise we were able to check in using the app to select our board time. We were then able complete the process later that day. Is it still the same or should we be prepared to complete the entire check in? 

I always do it in one sitting.  It's not that many questions.  

21 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Maybe they were getting too many photos that didn't meet their requirements. They would always retake our photos at the port so I stopped uploading them in advance. 

I think this might be true.  We quit trying with photographs. 

16 hours ago, JHU said:

Are you saying the experiment is the elimination of the computer option for check-in?  

If you're already in the phone app, why not complete the rest of the check in?  I'm confused.

Luggage tails are emailed now.  

On 11/29/2023 at 9:08 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

I always do it in one sitting.  It's not that many questions.  

I think this might be true.  We quit trying with photographs. 

Are you saying the experiment is the elimination of the computer option for check-in?  

If you're already in the phone app, why not complete the rest of the check in?  I'm confused.

Luggage tails are emailed now.  

Prefer not being forced to use the app.  And, yes, a Carnival rep said 'computer' check ins may be eliminated if all goes well with Grandeur and Legend.  Don't know what the flip phone users will do other than stand in line at the terminal.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:56 PM, JHU said:

Heads up all:  I'm sailing on Vision in January and CANNOT do check in on a computer.  You must check in via the APP or stand in a longer line at the pier (for me, Baltimore).  Royal is doing this experiment with the Vision and the Grandeur (info from Royal representative) with the idea of extending to the entire fleet.  Luggage tags will be emailed.  I've reserved my arrival time via the APP but will proba bly do my check in in person.  Don't like being forced into using tech I don't quite trust (yeah, I know, get over it).  

We, too, do not use the app (nor smartphones). For our September Vision cruise, our booking said "if not using the app, just print the following page, and go to the terminal" (Baltimore).  Unfortunately, we did not get the chance to see how that works, as our cruise group was cancelled.  We'll be trying again in January, June, and September.  In the meantime, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who did their checkin and boarding without the app.  I'm not worried, just curious.

You can also print luggage tags from the web site.  Sign in, Click the View More Details for your cruise and you will see Print Luggage Tags.

I just printed my for the Dec 14 Vision  cruise