Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Not what I was told by Fabio, concierge in Concierge Lounge.  He checked to be sure and was told full WC cruisers only.  

I don't have my files with me (I'm on a cruise), but I have the documentation somewhere.  Fabio has different information from what we were told months ago.  Full segmenters, as well as full UWCers are permitted to carry on wine from ports.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Has the tik tok blogger denied boarding in Brazil reboarded yet? There was a story online about him.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This sounds interesting.

58 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

If @ace2542 is referring to the person in the BI article, he is not a TikTokker.  He is a regular full UWC cruiser who PREPLANNED to leave the ship for about a week, and then return.  He has returned. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I am not sure some seniors and anyone taking meds (because they have to) really thought it was a well thought out joke? 

Different people have different senses of humor. 

We all can't like vanilla,  right? 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Heading into higher winds and rain (or snow? 😉 ) clouds on horizon.  Rocky rough seas...getting worse.  And cold!!   🥶

Motion of the ocean. Speaking of snow, I'm heading out to start the snow blower to clear the driveway and sidewalks. Got about 6 inches last night.  And speaking of cold, it's currently 25 degrees with a forecasted high of 30 degrees and more snow and wind later.  🥶

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, doghog said:

Motion of the ocean. Speaking of snow, I'm heading out to start the snow blower to clear the driveway and sidewalks. Got about 6 inches last night.  And speaking of cold, it's currently 25 degrees with a forecasted high of 30 degrees and more snow and wind later.  🥶

One of the main reasons why we moved to Florida - no snow🥶

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Why not it's a sell out isn't and doing the media buzz they wan't and they can't be surprised at the media buzz. But ok maybe not on a larger ship

Your idea of a sellout and Royals probably don't match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I don't have my files with me (I'm on a cruise), but I have the documentation somewhere.  Fabio has different information from what we were told months ago.  Full segmenters, as well as full UWCers are permitted to carry on wine from ports.

On the paper work I read as well,... also told of full segment cruisers would get full laundry as wash, press, dry clean for free as well.  That is not true either.  All we get is bags of wash and fold (AKA boil and fry)...the same as we get for D+ and Pinnacle.  

As they say...don't believe everything you read.  It did me no good to question what actually is the case on board. 

Several things that were promised and are in writing did not happen.  I am simply relating what was told to me by someone who has the ear of upper management on the ship...that I am actually on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doghog said:

You win!!  😄 😄 

Some interesting things around the ship this morning.  Signs everywhere, decks 5 and 12 closed off due to weather.  And when these things come out (and is the first for this cruise so far)....ummm...yeah.

20240110_070157.jpg

20240110_070811.jpg

20240110_070227.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Funny thing is all the restaurants here feature Stella...all of them.  For some reason it is their beer of choice. If you ask for a large Stella...they bring you this huge bottle (quart size) of it.  😮 

I've been lurking here and wanted to comment on the beer....if you can, please try Patagonia beer!  I'm not a beer drinking at all but I love that stuff!!!  Patagonia and a slab of Argentine beef = heaven!  Back to lurking I go.....😎

Linda R.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

So, guys...a rare look at the women's restroom on deck 13.  Something I did not notice before...

Doors to the stalls are numbered.  I guess this one is for using for #1...and this one for  #2.  😄  

20240110_070711.jpg

20240110_070656.jpg

20240110_070701.jpg

• Haha 23

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

On the paper work I read as well,... also told of full segment cruisers would get full laundry as wash, press, dry clean for free as well.  That is not true either.  All we get is bags of wash and fold (AKA boil and fry)...the same as we get for D+ and Pinnacle.  

As they say...don't believe everything you read.  It did me no good to question what actually is the case on board. 

Several things that were promised and are in writing did not happen.  I am simply relating what was told to me by someone who has the ear of upper management on the ship...that I am actually on. 

Probably the fact that they are currently more than 1,000 paying passengers below capacity (2,476 passengers) has something to do with the broken promises. According to Liberty, they only become cash flow positive at around 50% capacity, and profitable in the mid 90% range.

• Like 3

Upper tier this morning added in a crew member award ceremony for member of the month (awarded for last month's service) with money prize.  Back of house and front of house. 

Our beloved Ellen from Chops was nominated, though did not win top prize...(that is her first row middle) she is the winner in our hearts!  🥰

20240110_085159.jpg

20240110_085641.jpg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That looks like it was once part of a stairway

A separate panel...still wet.  😉   Was white...but has a nice coating of mold and dirt on it. 

And no, not part of a stairway.  Think higher up.  

Edited by island lady

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

So, guys...a rare look at the women's restroom on deck 13.  Something I did not notice before...

Doors to the stalls are numbered.  I guess this one is for using for #1...and this one for  #2.  😄  

Funny, I just noticed that yesterday morning before our tour!  Never noticed it before.  Maybe it’s new?

Just now, pstone1 said:

Funny, I just noticed that yesterday morning before our tour!  Never noticed it before.  Maybe it’s new?

Not sure how old or how long it's been there...but I am sure happy they clarified which stall to use.  🤣

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

A separate panel...still wet.  😉   Was white...but has a nice coating of mold and dirt on it. 

And no, not part of a stairway.  Think higher up.  

One of the ceiling panels out of a restroom or the outdoor portion of the WJ

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1