Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

21 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are different rules for different bookings.

1.  Full UWC and full segment cruisers have the Deluxe Beverage Package, wifi, and gratuities included in their cruise fare.

1. Full UWC have 50% off specialty dining and full segment cruisers have 30% off specialty dining.

2. Full UWC can bring on all the wine they want at any port.

2. No liquor.  Wine only.

3. Gratuities are included for full UWC and full segment cruisers.  Mini-leg cruisers must pay standard gratuities.

My liquor from leg 1 showed up on ladt night of leg 2🤣

John has it now

20240124_135912.thumb.jpg.69929825ba19e6e07e1f0af17a7782d0.jpg

Blue Curacao was missing

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Just went down to check out our new table assignment.  Four top...ughh..but will take it.  

For some reason they insist on moving our beloved wait team around for each mini leg.  Had no difficulty getting us changed to their new location the last time, but was like pulling teeth this time.  The new head waiter was not congenial at all.  I am guessing he did not want to give up the income from our table in his section to placing us into a different section.  

Both change times we tried out the new waiter and assist. waiter...both times they failed miserably.  Happy to be back with beloved King and Melissa again, as I know they will be .....having us back.  Always hugs all around.  Melissa is a total sweetie and always brings our glasses of Oberon Cab, and Kim Crawford SB right away without asking.  That's service!  

Hope our new table mates are nice.  😳

We've stayed with our waiter, no problem, but he keeps getting a new assistant

• Like 2

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Nope, have to ask for it....and worse yet..they change wait team to different location after each mini leg.  😠

You can keep your table, or your waiter. You have to choose. It's easy for us with MTD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alfaeric said:

One possible positive about all of the ticytockers is the potential to lower demand.  And we all know if that will help all of us get lower rates overall.

So I will laugh at them, and hopefully enjoy the further savings.

One heck of an adventure, this cruise is.  Maybe one day we will be able to do it if they do it again.

BTW, one thing that I would love to see at the end is the total overall spend on the cruise.  For the excursions and on board spending.  And not perfect, but a good number to help put a budget together for a future possibility.  Round up.  Then I will have to find the budget to keep my house standing for the time off... LOL.

John's bill on Leg 1 was over 15 grand, Leg 2 was a $150 credit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

Crew to Passenger ratio ~1:1, Gratuities, all flights, UBER Black from home to airport (at both ends of the cruise), baggage handling, internet; pre and post cruise hotel night all included. Not sure about Silver Sea on discounts yet, but on Regent they will reduce the cost if you don't need to fly or participate in the pre-cruise hotel stay.

Gratuities and unlimited drinks included. Business Class airfare was included. We got $1500 pp to not use it. No credit for skipping the pre cruise hotel and gala, 5 grand for declining the 7 Wonders tours.

Speciality Dining 50% off, wine 40% off (if under $100). Internet included and blazing fast. As Pins we get 3 log ins.😁

Crew to passenger ratio is 2-1, more than enough

Also a 10% early pay discount for making final payment in January.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL....it's actually been a running joke for weeks now with telling Melissa we are adopting her.   She even ushers me to the table sometime telling everyone that I am her Mom.  😄 😄  

One of John's massage therapists offered to come home with us🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/20/2024 at 1:42 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Retirement scares me. I do what I had wanted from when I was a little kid. I don't know how I'd give it up. 

You might one day choose to practice in short-term assignments at missionary hospitals around the world. I met some doctors doing this during my first trip to Nicaragua. Amazing gift to impoverished people.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Your tour looked fantastic!  Wish we booked that!

Edited by pstone1
Delete Photos! 😳

11 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

We've stayed with our waiter, no problem, but he keeps getting a new assistant

The pair we have....actually are a pair.  I doubt they want to split them up.  😉 

• Like 2

You can keep your table, or your waiter. You have to choose. It's easy for us with MTD

That's good.  We have been sticking to first traditional for a few years ago.  It works well for us.  

Dave knows what I am talking about.  😉 

• Like 1

John's bill on Leg 1 was over 15 grand, Leg 2 was a $150 credit

9 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Gratuities and unlimited drinks included. Business Class airfare was included. We got $1500 pp to not use it. No credit for skipping the pre cruise hotel and gala, 5 grand for declining the 7 Wonders tours.

Speciality Dining 50% off, wine 40% off (if under $100). Internet included and blazing fast. As Pins we get 3 log ins.😁

Crew to passenger ratio is 2-1, more than enough

Also a 10% early pay discount for making final payment in January.

I'll take true AI over a $15K bill - especially if it recurs.

• Haha 2

Current position, with extremely calm waters.  Looks more like a lake than the open Pacific!  Which made it very easy to spot a huge pod of jumping Spinner Dolphins.  Though the little buggers are way too fast for me to get a good picture of them.  Great spotting with the binoculars though.  🙂 

20240125_071736.jpg

20240125_071842.jpg

• Like 12

BTW...the four top table they assigned us to last night...was just for the two of us.  Bit more "elbow room" there...and very good neighbors.  🥰  Very happy to have the new table and favorite team back now until we disembark in LA.  

Chops for lunch today, with new good friends Adida and Lee.  Yummm!   😋

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8

38 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I'll take true AI over a $15K bill - especially if it recurs.

Doubt any AI gets what John ordered🤣

Thermal Pass for 2 (274 days) and 100 $299 (up to value) spa treatments. Gone through about 20 so far, but whose counting.

If you find one that does, let us know😉

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

What is interesting is that once you back out the intrinsic value of everything that is included on a Silver Sea cruise that you would have to pay extra for a GS on an RCL Wonder cruise, the difference comes out to less than $200/day. If you compare it to a GS on Icon, Silver Sea is actually less per day.

We’re boarding Wonder this Sunday in a GS and what we’re paying for this cruise per day is equivalent to the price we looked at on Silver Sea per day, and there’s no UBER pickup, no pre cruise hotel, no airfare, no excursions, no GRATUITY, etc….

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re boarding Wonder this Sunday in a GS and what we’re paying for this cruise per day is equivalent to the price we looked at on Silver Sea per day, and there’s no UBER pickup, no pre cruise hotel, no airfare, no excursions, no GRATUITY, etc….

Ran the numbers for Icon as well, sailing the same week as the Silver Sea cruise, and a GS on Icon is ~$400/day more than Silver Sea😱

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

OOOhhh...my favorite cabin class on Wonder, though GS is always our favorite go to cabin, but it's even better on Wonder.   🥰   Love the location on same floor CK/SL.   🤗

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3