Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have ordered fresh scrambled eggs with some tomatoes or spinach (sometimes a little cheese) at the omelet station occasionally.  They do a good job

Indeed...if we do breakfast in there again...I will use the omelet station!  🙂   We use the WJ for lunch everyday we are on the ship.  Love sitting outside over the aft in the fresh air and watching the wake going off into the horizon. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jakeil7 said:

OTOH, this seems to have generated a large amount of publicity. Worth sailing with a half full ship? (Assuming that does not change). Hard to tell.  But I think at least this sailing has been worth it for them. 

Worth it for us as well...but we are happy to break it up into first and last quarter.  🙂 

New Show Center Stage last night was (IMHO) good...not great...but entertaining and good.  First time for their new act (all RCI entertainers).  Talented singers, and as always the Serenade orchestra was very good.  Kind of loud last night, but energetic.  

As we were leaving the show and walking up the stairs, we met the man from the Gold Duo, as he was waiting for her in the restroom.  We thanked him for the really great show, and told him how talented they were.  Really nice guy.  I teased him that (as they are getting older) that if he decided to get out of the demanding acrobatic part of it, he would still go really far just doing the comic act.  He was so funny, he had me in tears during the show! 

I patted him on the arm to say thank you again, and realized that was not an arm...more of a tree trunk!!  Yikes...Oak tree.  😉 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Some of the European sectors are almost sold out. Just a handful of cabins available.  Will be interesting to see how busy the next quarter is.

You can still buy the mini sectors.

Other cruise lines do annual world cruises, so never say never 

Thanks for all the updates @island lady

As I dont do the other social media sites its great you're doing this on CC

Other cruise lines don't do 9 month world cruises.  Princess does something like 111-116 nights which makes it much more affordable.    And, yes, it's a media sensation, but it is a limited customer base.  It's great advertisement for Royal overall.  BTW, I only said what several others have said.  I said there was speculation.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed...if we do breakfast in there again...I will use the omelet station!  🙂   We use the WJ for lunch everyday we are on the ship.  Love sitting outside over the aft in the fresh air and watching the wake going off into the horizon. 

That is always my go to spot to eat too!   Enjoy 😊

• Like 1

Checked out the pool tables again.  I believe there is a tournament scheduled at some point, we found the one tablle back to the straight position again, and the set up on each table.  

But...they are not doing the the self level.  😮   Very interesting game Bucky and I just played.  Balls were rolling around on their own to make it more interesting.  Get set up behind the cue ball, and it decides to run away from you.  🤭

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, island lady said:

New Show Center Stage last night was (IMHO) good...not great...but entertaining and good.  First time for their new act (all RCI entertainers).  Talented singers, and as always the Serenade orchestra was very good.  Kind of loud last night, but energetic. 

Interesting, does Serenade have different or additional productions for the UWC? According to a 2020 entertainment guide (page 6), Serenade's shows were Stage to Screen and Vibeology. Either way they'll be new to me next year as I've not seen these shows or sailed on Serenade before. 😀

36 minutes ago, marquisite said:

Interesting, does Serenade have different or additional productions for the UWC? According to a 2020 entertainment guide (page 6), Serenade's shows were Stage to Screen and Vibeology. Either way they'll be new to me next year as I've not seen these shows or sailed on Serenade before. 😀

I am sure they will keep it interesting.  While I am not on the whole 9 months, we are on for half.  Would be too redundant to show the same shows over and over again for most.  Headliners simply fly into a port to join the ship, then fly back out again at another port.  

For us...IMHO the "Gold Duo" were the best.  Wow.  

We are pretty much doing every show, every night.  Works very well for us with early dining, as they have the shows at 6:30 or 7 pm.  Used to be tough for me to wait until 8 pm for shows on other ships.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vibe said:

Please note that most of these TikTokers are NOT on the cruise.  They are just trying to stir up trouble to get clicks and monetize their sites.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, drjohn4 said:

I agree that even with less than 100% occupancy the free publicity and "halo effect" is likely to generate new bookings fleetwide well in excess of the reduced profit from a less than full ship.  It will be interesting to see if later segments see higher occupancy from all the exposure the trip is generating.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the mini segments begin to fill the ship and between that and all the publicity, you never know, they may do another. 

Personally I would like to see a version of the 4 segments around 40 or so days. 

we have 2 minis booked next June and we’re very excited to be a small part of the group. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

As we were leaving the show and walking up the stairs, we met the man from the Gold Duo, as he was waiting for her in the restroom.  We thanked him for the really great show, and told him how talented they were.  Really nice guy.  I teased him that (as they are getting older) that if he decided to get out of the demanding acrobatic part of it, he would still go really far just doing the comic act.  He was so funny, he had me in tears during the show! 

I patted him on the arm to say thank you again, and realized that was not an arm...more of a tree trunk!!  Yikes...Oak tree.  😉 

We loved their show on Odyssey and since we did a B2B we watched it twice. They make what they do look so easy which is amazing. My favorite part was when he got inside the huge balloon and bounced around the stage. I laughed so hard! Hysterical!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Checked out the pool tables again.  I believe there is a tournament scheduled at some point, we found the one tablle back to the straight position again, and the set up on each table.  

But...they are not doing the the self level.  😮   Very interesting game Bucky and I just played.  Balls were rolling around on their own to make it more interesting.  Get set up behind the cue ball, and it decides to run away from you.  🤭

One on Jewel was broken, but I don't think we ever saw anyone playing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Me neither.  But it seems this is a rather unusual cruise for RCI...so it is a rather unusual situation. Not sure this was really thought out in advance.  🤨

Isn't that the way of most med cruise stops? I know we had a couple when did wonder in 2022 that were basically industrial ports with no proper pier and you had to get buses out of the port area

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We loved their show on Odyssey and since we did a B2B we watched it twice. They make what they do look so easy which is amazing. My favorite part was when he got inside the huge balloon and bounced around the stage. I laughed so hard! Hysterical!

Definitely!  It was hysterical indeed!  😁  We also could not stop laughing when he did the little red lights...especially when pretended to eat a bunch...then "farted" them onto the back screen.  🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PolytheneGirl said:

Isn't that the way of most med cruise stops? I know we had a couple when did wonder in 2022 that were basically industrial ports with no proper pier and you had to get buses out of the port area

I was also on the Wonder in the Med...for two weeks.  Then stayed on for the TA.  I think Marseille was one of the bus shuttles out of the port...but we did not shuttle to the terminal and then have to find yet another transport from there, which these last two were .......being basically two bus/transfer rides.  

We had no problem taking the complimentary shuttle bus to town in ports like Marseille with Wonder.  Worked well.  This was a double transfer thing this week.  

Edited by island lady

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

By the time the late shows start, we are usually watching the inside of our eyelids😇

You got that right.  Bucky would be so annoyed at me when I would just give up and go to bed since my eyes were drooping.  I did not want to be rude and snore in the theater.  😄  

Loving the 6:30 and 7 pm shows.  I think our demographics are showing.  😆

Not a night person, but then I am up at 5:30 to go for "walkies" on deck 12 as the sun rises.  Right now though...the sun is all the way up at 5 am 😮  (our time..2 hours earlier than EST).  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4