Escape, Escape - Two Times the Escape. Live Review B2B NCL Escape, Dec 9-16 & Dec 16-23

Stealthdog

9 minutes ago, RebekahTN said:

Where do I go to look to see if the shareholder credit has been credited to my account. I mean what tab on the website would I need to look at? I clicked everything I can think of under my reservation and on the site, and don't see anywhere that I thought it would be.

They don't describe the on board credits specifically as shareholder benefits.  Its listed as generic OBC.  On the NCL App, go to "My Plans."  At the bottom of that folder are two categories "Vacation Add-Ons" and "Purchased Items."  The shareholder credits should be listed under vacation add ons as two $50 certificates.  On my account they read as "Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non-Refundable."  I can't log into the NCL website right now, so not sure if its in a different place than where it is on the app.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilmingtech said:

I'm interested to see if charges automatically come out of the non refundable OBC first or if it's random or if they take it out of the refundable OBC first.

We have a mix of OBC and honest none of it makes sense except for the shareholder OBC.  Our TA gave us 150 when we contracted with them and we were supposed to get another 50 from NCL (200 total plus 100 shareholder) but after Final Payment we had 250 from NCL.  So it'll be interesting to see if that is some of what our TA gave us or if we get more from the TA after we board.

We are on a plane now headed to Orlando.  We will see you at the M&M on Sunday.

I've never had to monitor OBC like this, and it is a bother that I have to.  NCL appears to be a lot stricter on what specific OBCs can be used for than other lines.  Hopefully it is all clear on the on-board folio.  Safe travels and see you onboard!

15 hours ago, APDMOM said:

@Stealthdog Safe travels tomorrow!  Looking forward to boarding virtually 😀

Its boarding day today!  We will probably leave here ~ 830 for our 930 checkin.  Should only take us about 45 minutes to get to the port (won't be any traffic this early on a Saturday morning), but will need to stop off at an ATM to get some cash out (we never have any on us anymore).  I'll post the boarding process, and initial ship impressions tonight, unless there are delays boarding then I'll start posting from the port holding area.

Have my checklists in hand and my boarding to-do list ready.  Tonight is Cagneys!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Enroute to port via chauffeur (aka TA).  Beautiful day in Orlando and great day to travel aboard a ship!  I (JC) am a morning person, so have been up for hours and got to enjoy the Florida sunrise.  Eric is NOT a morning person.  😂

Eric and I have been on about a dozen cruises in together - Celebrity is typically our favorite, but we don’t necessarily care about loyalty just for the status.  We have sailed NCL, RCL, Princess, and Disney as well.  Our travel is usually December (my birthday month) and June (Eric’s birthday month), so we have a lot of experience in Caribbean in December.  

When we sail, our most important factors are itinerary, dates, and departure port, followed by cost, then ship and cruise line.  Because we had so many Cruise Nexts to use, NCL Escape out of Canaveral was a no-brainer to us. 

IMG_9454.jpeg

IMG_9455.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, slavetoabunny said:

I'll be in the Haven on the 16th sailing.  I'm so excited since this is our first post-covid cruise.

I am so excited for you. We have never done Haven - that is going to be awesome.  We have done suite category on NCL ships without Haven, so not the same thing!

2 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

I am so excited for you. We have never done Haven - that is going to be awesome.  We have done suite category on NCL ships without Haven, so not the same thing!

We have done the suite category on Dawn (no Haven), so this is our first Haven experience.

• Like 1

Last night we saw Funny Girl in Orlando.  We typically find ship board shows to be lower quality than off-Broadway or National Tours, so we enter a ship with that expectation.  I don’t recommend this 3rd national tour of Funny Girl to anyone - the sets were boring and with empty scenes, the male lead was off pitch most of night, and the dancer choreography was not synced (and they were used in chorus and their singing is not what you would expect for a national tour).  The female lead character was over the top with physical comedy compared to Barbara Streisand’s original version, which made it a little harder to enjoy.

The kicker was Melissa Manchester was supposed to play the role of Mrs Brice, but wasn’t in the show.  Don’t know if she left the national tour or just taking a vacation. 

That said, we have high hopes for Choir of Man and think this will be the opposite experience with it being better than a national tour!

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 4

4 ships in port today for boarding.  Escape, one Disney, one RCL, and one Carnival.  Pier 10 is the NCL Escape.  They were still deboarding people from the Escape when we arrived, so a little chaotic.  They did start sending people into the checkin area shortly after the 930 checkin in time, and the processing was fairly quick.  There is a priority line for Platinum and above once inside the terminal, but general boarding was moving just as fast because it’s the first group.  Note - no one asked our assigned checkin time, but it’s listed on the boarding pass.  It’s possible you could show up earlier than checkin time - I’m not sure they are checking the times.

We are currently in the seating area waiting for the ship to start boarding.  

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9461.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 5

We can see the ship from the seating area, and the ship Wi-Fi is listed as an option, but we can’t connect to the Wi-Fi to make dinner reservations.  So, we will have to go in person once boarded to make reservations.  Cruise Next for wine event and ship tour, box office for supper club, and teppanyaki for restaurant reservations.

Should be the 2nd group to board after the Haven.

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 1

Got into the stateroom and they do a really fun setup for vets and military - ship patch, challenge coin, pin, and code of vacation.  Well done NCL!  They do have a military reception, but they do it in the middle of dinner hours on the first sea day, and we already have reservations for the supper club, so we will probably miss it.  This is probably the best gesture I have seen a cruise line do for military.  

(I hope I don’t get in trouble for publishing “for your eyes only” information 😂).

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9496.jpeg

IMG_9498.jpeg

IMG_9500.jpeg

IMG_9501.jpeg

IMG_9502.jpeg

• Like 7

Yeah, the Veteran recognition is cool, but in all honesty, my "For Your Eyes Only" envelope and its contents went straight into a drawer when we got home and I haven't looked at them since. Bur it's still pretty cool to be recognized. 

Even cooler is the 10% discount.

• Like 2

Have a great cruise! I'm looking forward to your review. We'll be on the Escape next month.

We saw Choir of Man on the Encore a couple of years ago and loved it. It's one of the few shows my husband really liked and we're both looking forward to seeing it on the Escape.

• Like 4