Hawaiian Holiday 🎄🍾 LIVE from Koningsdam Dec 21-Jan 6: join me for my 1st solo cruise & 1st inside cabin!

Haljo1935

27 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

Be sure to bring a Passport or Birth Certificate. 

Many guests forget that you need to provide proof of citizenship on sailings to the Hawaiian Islands from the west coast.

Also, check to see if your "Boarding Group Pass" has a barcode on it.  You may need to reprint it if not.

A barcode will speed you through the check-in line.

David

Thanks - all good on both accounts. I keep checking my boarding pass for a cabin change and first thing I see is the barcode 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

Thanks - all good on both accounts. I keep checking my boarding pass for a cabin change and first thing I see is the barcode 🙂

Are you on a promo?  When did you finally get your initial room assignment.  I am still waiting on mine for early January. I sailed interior on the Koningsdam in 2019, solo it will be ok, the rooms are very efficient.  I had a sideways interior - when room service came they could just reach from the door and put the tray on the bed😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

You’re off again! Enjoy your trip. I’ll be following along as we are cruising on the K’dam for the first time next month. 
Enjoy Hawaii. Its one of our favourite places.

Thank you! I love the K'dam w/GDC - my happy place.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

ScreenShot2023-12-18at16_16_54.png.f7e4ebfff6eee311e70a406a45ae265e.png

Enjoy your cruise.  I just finished an 18 day Hawaii on the Volendam.  FYI - most of the city buses are free to the end of the year.  One will even take you up to the Volcanic National Park out of Hilo.  Edited to add - I always cruise solo and 95% of the time in an inside.  I love insides!!!  Never stay in my cabin as there is too much to see and do and people to meet!!

I appreciate the tip on free buses. I do want to go to Volcanic National Park.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Are you on a promo?  When did you finally get your initial room assignment.  I am still waiting on mine for early January. I sailed interior on the Koningsdam in 2019, solo it will be ok, the rooms are very efficient.  I had a sideways interior - when room service came they could just reach from the door and put the tray on the bed😂

Promo, yes - the last one I received  😪Got cabin assignment about 2 weeks ago; it's a sideways layout. I could not find the exact cabin or similar ones on Halfacts and I know that "efficient" is code for "tiny," lol. Hope there's room for the bed to be set up as a queen and still have a walking path. My sister had an inside w/a window (different ship) and she had to go w/twin beds to have room to move. What an adventure!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Promo, yes - the last one I received  😪Got cabin assignment about 2 weeks ago; it's a sideways layout. I could not find the exact cabin or similar ones on Halfacts and I know that "efficient" is code for "tiny," lol. Hope there's room for the bed to be set up as a queen and still have a walking path. My sister had an inside w/a window (different ship) and she had to go w/twin beds to have room to move. What an adventure!

The bed is a large queen, we remarked it was almost like a king.  The far bed - wall space is snug, just use it for storage.  The area between the bed and tv wall is snug. That said I did like that there is no hallway wasted space.  There is a row of closets across from the bathroom which is very efficient. There is ample storage for a solo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The bed is a large queen, we remarked it was almost like a king.  The far bed - wall space is snug, just use it for storage.  The area between the bed and tv wall is snug. That said I did like that there is no hallway wasted space.  There is a row of closets across from the bathroom which is very efficient. There is ample storage for a solo.  

And the best part is, if you aren't near crew stations, you should sleep like a log. Assuming you are away from dining and entertainment venues. Can't wait to hear about this trip. I'd love to do it sometime. 

• Like 3

Thanks for letting us tag along on your cruise!

I will be following to see what helpful little tidbits I can glean before we have our turn on the Koningsdam next month. We are doing the January 30th eighteen day itinerary. 

if you remember and have time, could you check to see what the cost for the Surf internet package is booked onboard? I am only 3 stars so no discount. I don’t want to purchase a package in advanced since we have a big chunk of OBC I would like to use. 

Bon Voyage!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I’m looking forward to your experience because you never know, we might book that itinerary in the future.  BTW, we’ve had inside cabins in the past and loved them!

Glad to hear you love inside cabins - I'm sure I will too! Happy you're coming along for the ride. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Navigator App says 3 more days - oh boy!!

Website says since less than 4 days, it's too late to add anything, but will allow me to book New Year's Day Pinnacle Brunch. Hmmm? Website says menu is a sample, but it does have the 150th logo, so I'm wondering if it's the actual menu. I would go if it is.

I'm not booking excursions, but a girl's got to eat🤭

new-year’s-day-brunch-at-pinnacle-grill.pdf

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, chawkjewel said:

Really looking forward to following you on this adventure.  I really enjoyed following your TA so this is a plus.  We are on Koningsdam for the first time in February for the 35 night trip to Hawaii and Tahiti.

Thanks for coming along! K'dam is a great ship - Grand Dutch Cafe is my happy place - 35 nights sounds fabulous. Happy Holidays 🎄🍾

• Like 4

I am really looking forward to this thread as we are on the January 30th sailing.  We are half and half on excursions with some ship excursions and some DIY.  The inside cabin will be fine for just you.  I can't imagine two people in one.  But, I did 14 days in an inside cabin on Koningsdam a few years back and Sue and I did 32 days in an inside cabin last summer.  We didn't spend a lot of time in the cabin and used it as a bedroom and the ship as our home.  Lots of places to go!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am really looking forward to this thread as we are on the January 30th sailing.  We are half and half on excursions with some ship excursions and some DIY.  The inside cabin will be fine for just you.  I can't imagine two people in one.  But, I did 14 days in an inside cabin on Koningsdam a few years back and Sue and I did 32 days in an inside cabin last summer.  We didn't spend a lot of time in the cabin and used it as a bedroom and the ship as our home.  Lots of places to go!  

Thanks for the positive feedback on the inside cabin; it's a big change for me, but I know it will be ok. I think the biggest adjustment will be breakfast on all those sea days - I enjoy starting my days w/coffee and bacon 🥓 on the balcony. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for coming along. Happy Holidays!🎄🍾🥳

• Like 5