Hawaiian Holiday 🎄🍾 LIVE from Koningsdam Dec 21-Jan 6: join me for my 1st solo cruise & 1st inside cabin!

Haljo1935

59 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Me, too- I think that's when I will acquire an affinity for my inside cabin. 

I've just caught up with your "travel travails"!  Wow, that was a nail biter!  I think you'll enjoy how much easier it is to sleep in an inside cabin.  It's especially good when you have a white noise app on your phone to play.  Cuts down on outside noise waking you up.  Hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

One thing we found that was helpful when in an inside cabin-depending on when you want to get up and when sunrise is, you can set your tv to the bow cam, with the sound off, and it helps you sort of know what time it might be. A gradual wake-up, if you want to wake up with the sun🙂.

That is such a good idea! Will try that when we are travelling in an inside cabin for the first time in October!!!

• Like 3

Oh my goodness, look at you girl, on a BHB again already! And to Hawaii no less...😊

Very jealous, Hawaii is one of my favorite cruises.

I enjoyed your last review and will be following along here.

Bon voyage, safe and smooth sailings...🍹🏄‍♀️🌞🕶👙🌴

So sorry it took a hurdle to get to SD, you are a patient person who well deserves a great cruise. 😎

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m guessing that the ship didn’t sail on time.  A Holland America ship was still at the dock at 4:45 (local newscast background shot). Sorry about the cool weather in San Diego, we’re waiting for rain tonight around midnight.  Have a wonderful cruise.  

Maybe that was the Volendam I saw on the news.  They were supposed to sail at 5;00.  

San Diego port is a mess with two ships coming and going.  Somehow the ships manage to get on their way!

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Late departure today is due loading food and beverages.

Everything you can imagine had to be replenished....pallets of sugar, flour, bottled water, wine, watermelons, bananas, paper goods, ice cream, beers, etc.

The pier had over 100 left to load when I left to go home at 4:10 pm.

David

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

Late departure today is due loading food and beverages.

Everything you can imagine had to be replenished....pallets of sugar, flour, bottled water, wine, watermelons, bananas, paper goods, ice cream, beers, etc.

The pier had over 100 left to load when I left to go home at 4:10 pm.

David

51 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I’m guessing that the ship didn’t sail on time.  A Holland America ship was still at the dock at 4:45 (local newscast background shot). Sorry about the cool weather in San Diego, we’re waiting for rain tonight around midnight.  Have a wonderful cruise.  

Maybe that was the Volendam I saw on the news.  They were supposed to sail at 5;00.  

San Diego port is a mess with two ships coming and going.  Somehow the ships manage to get on their way!

We finally started moving around 630. 2 bow cam pictures 622pm

20231221_182247.thumb.jpg.cbe9c38a1351047df6b7519bb5281701.jpg& 634pm - you can just see the water at the bow.

20231221_183438.thumb.jpg.7f47b30bd19e1162c025d85acaef6ef5.jpg

And aft cam at 622pm.

20231221_182742.thumb.jpg.03096c8024fe46d0a896ee12825e922a.jpg

• Like 23

As we are taking a similar cruise out of San Diego on Feb 17, I am curious about how the weather (temps) are for the first two sea days out of San Diego?

I hope you got a good night's sleep and am looking forward to updates. It's very kind of you to be taking all of us along on your journey.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bruinboy said:

As we are taking a similar cruise out of San Diego on Feb 17, I am curious about how the weather (temps) are for the first two sea days out of San Diego?

I hope you got a good night's sleep and am looking forward to updates. It's very kind of you to be taking all of us along on your journey.

We took this cruise last February.  The weather is cool as you sail from/to San Diego for a couple of days which is typical of this area in the winter.  The blanket in your stateroom will be welcome if you have a balcony.  

No bowl game again this year for Big Red. 🌽.  Looking for improvement in the future. 🙏

• Like 2

Just now, oaktreerb said:

We took this cruise last February.  The weather is cool as you sail from/to San Diego for a couple of days which is typical of this area in the winter.  The blanket in your stateroom will be welcome if you have a balcony.  

No bowl game again this year for Big Red. 🌽.  Looking for improvement in the future. 🙏

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming it will feel breezy with temps in the 50's, but really have no idea. On the bright side it will probably feel warmer than Nebraska in mid-February.

About a bowl game ... it's been a looong drought. Recruited two good quarterbacks. Great defense. Hopefully, our bowl-less streak will be broken next season. Stay tuned!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bruinboy said:

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming it will feel breezy with temps in the 50's, but really have no idea. On the bright side it will probably feel warmer than Nebraska in mid-February.

About a bowl game ... it's been a looong drought. Recruited two good quarterbacks. Great defense. Hopefully, our bowl-less streak will be broken next season. Stay tuned!!

The temperatures may be in the 70’s in San Diego but it’s always cooler on the ocean with the ocean breezes.  Hawaii is wonderful.  It’s warm even when it rains!  Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I think @Haljo1935 may still be sleeping after her nasty flight ordeal!!  If so, she deserves all the sleep she can get!!  😁

~Nancy

I wonder too how she fared in the time between flight arrival and boarding.  I hope there was at least a place where she could relax.

Roy

• Like 7

We were on the Koningsdam last week and had a great time.  GF stayed on in San Diego for an extra week, because well you know how retired people are. Anyway she just messaged me that she heard you ships horn getting underway.  Have a great trip!

Since you have plenty of sea days you might want to check out the spa pass.  We're big fans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1