Hawaiian Holiday 🎄🍾 LIVE from Koningsdam Dec 21-Jan 6: join me for my 1st solo cruise & 1st inside cabin!

Haljo1935

I'm kind of in the same boat (pun intended lol) I'll be traveling with my mother on Jan.30th.  She's did this exact cruise last winter, and she's older, so I expect to be on shore by myself more often then not. There's a lot that I'd like to see on Oahu, but I'm leaning toward a simple visit to the botanical garden, and a makeshift tour using the hop on, hop off, buses. I'm the type of person who is content with just seeing hula dancers, instead of attending a luau so, if it's possible, I'll just stroll around some of the resorts and see what I find. 

I'm still unsure about the other islands. I lean toward seeing nature, so hopefully there's some convenient options that aren't too expensive, and won't worry me about the timing of getting back on board. The Oahu stop is overnight, so timing isn't an issue there, but in general, the things that have piqued my interest seem to be quite a distance by car.  I'm almost too safe when it comes to timing on shore lol

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Huskerchick said:

Safe travels. We've been to Hawaii a few times and it is simply beautiful but never via a cruise  look forward to following you. 

Thanks for coming along! Glad you guys made it home ok after that wild ending on NS last week.

Happy Holidays!!

• Like 4

Looking forward to this!

My first HAL cruise was Zaandam to Hawaii.  I think that was 13 years ago.

I should've just been on Volendam to Hawaii last month, but I cancelled that just a couple of weeks before the fires there.

So, I booked January 2025 on K'dam.  I sailed her when she first came to the states.  I believe that was November 2017.  Loved the ship.

I'm usually solo (although most of my recent and upcoming cruises have friends also sailing, so I'm solo but not alone).  But I've done plenty of true solo cruises and almost always in interior cabins.

Safe travels!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Hey girl, your suitcase will be suffering from travel exhaustion if you keep this up!

Have a great cruise and remember to pack your thong and do the necessary research for the other thread! 😂

ROFL! 👙👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, highscar said:

hop on is the best to see the area for the first time. We do it over and over again. 

Thanks for the confirmation - I enjoy them in most places. I briefly looked at one the ship has for sale, don't even remember which port now, but think it's the blue line.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks for taking us along on another cruise. Enjoy the sun!

Thanks and thanks for coming along. Ooh 🌞 nice treat in winter; I've been so focused on volcanoes and waterfalls, I haven't even thought about sun, lol.

• Like 4

Be sure to bring a Passport or Birth Certificate. 

Many guests forget that you need to provide proof of citizenship on sailings to the Hawaiian Islands from the west coast.

Also, check to see if your "Boarding Group Pass" has a barcode on it.  You may need to reprint it if not.

A barcode will speed you through the check-in line.

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

ScreenShot2023-12-18at16_16_54.png.f7e4ebfff6eee311e70a406a45ae265e.png

Enjoy your cruise.  I just finished an 18 day Hawaii on the Volendam.  FYI - most of the city buses are free to the end of the year.  One will even take you up to the Volcanic National Park out of Hilo.  Edited to add - I always cruise solo and 95% of the time in an inside.  I love insides!!!  Never stay in my cabin as there is too much to see and do and people to meet!!

Edited by Nickelpenny
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1