New Princess App available

iamaqt2

3 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Makes you wonder why more info is not transferred to app if we are all supposed to use it

If you click on the Luggage Tags icon on the Princess Cruises App, it will open the Luggage Tag/Travel Summary page of your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.  Click on Travel Summary to see your transfers there.

The agents at the airport will have your name on a list.  No need to show anything nor will you be issued vouchers.  If they can't find your name on a list, they will write your names down and make you sign to purchase the transfer.  You can then show your Travel Summary to GS onboard and have them remove the charges for the transfer if you were double charged

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

If you click on the Luggage Tags icon on the Princess Cruises App, it will open the Luggage Tag/Travel Summary page of your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.  Click on Travel Summary to see your transfers there.

The agents at the airport will have your name on a list.  No need to show anything nor will you be issued vouchers.  If they can't find your name on a list, they will write your names down and make you sign to purchase the transfer.  You can then show your Travel Summary to GS onboard and have them remove the charges for the transfer if you were double charged

Don't have a Luggage Tags icon so possibly it does not load till closer to cruise date? We are 88 days out.

47 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Don't have a Luggage Tags icon so possibly it does not load till closer to cruise date? We are 88 days out.

Luggage tags are available 75 days from departure date.  So soon for your cruise!

• Like 4

On 1/5/2024 at 12:03 PM, nazpaz said:

This Sunday 🙂

10 days to go - the old app pulls up my boarding QR code on the first page with no other click necessary or shoreside CC. I'll stick with the old app as long as I can.

• Like 1

I haven't read all 850 posts. so apologies if this is a repeat.  I entered my payment method for on board only and checked the box to use the same method for my wife.  She now shows complete for payment method whereas I, of course, don't. 

I am holding out until Princess removes shoreside payment as a requirement, along with many of the rest of you.  I am not sure there are any enrolled merchants on our itinerary anyway.

On 12/27/2023 at 12:06 PM, Wonder18 said:

Thanks  I have another question do you have to fill out the shoreside payment method also?

I did not have to do this when I filled out the ship account; however, my husband could not proceed in the app until he filled in the information.  ???

20 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

My excursions for the Sun this summer all show up in the new app.

In the part of the app where you click “Journey” (bottom middle) and go to “My Journey”? Or when you click on the excursions tab (I know they are there)? The app provides a really handy planner there with, for me, only dining reservations showing up. It would be nice to have everything under one calendar, and if they could link dining there, they could probably link spa and excursions. 

Edited by etphonehome24

42 minutes ago, etphonehome24 said:

In the part of the app where you click “Journey” (bottom middle) and go to “My Journey”? Or when you click on the excursions tab (I know they are there)? The app provides a really handy planner there with, for me, only dining reservations showing up. It would be nice to have everything under one calendar, and if they could link dining there, they could probably link spa and excursions. 

It looks like my journey will only show things from the ship schedule that you have clicked on. Personal spa and excursions are not showing up there

So once I logged in with my booking number it keeps me logged in for most part.  I say for the most part because when it comes to payment for shore excursions and dining I'm still getting 'session expired'. I logged out, and logged back in and still got 'session expired'.  So I went and logged on to the website using my PC, logged out and was then able to log into the app again and finally pay for my shore excursions... so there are still a few bugs with login.  It's probably some kind of global account flag that isn't getting reset upon login to the app, but does get reset upon login to the website... Just a guess.

I think it's an improvement overall, I just hope they can prioritize getting some of these last few bugs fixed in the coming weeks.  

Edited by Don_In_AZ

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Can you sign into the new app with your old app sign in? 

I'm able to log in the website, previous and current app using the same user name and password. 

• Like 1

Here's something a little odd. On both my iPad and iPhone where I have uploaded the new app, there is a Princess log file being written to by the app. Never had that before and I wonder what its purpose is as it is pretty much useless.

17 hours ago, SCX22 said:

The new app thinks I'm underage.  When my girlfriend and I connected to MedallionNet once on board, the Princess Cruises App kicked us both out and said we needed to have our parents consent to using the app.  Took it to the Ocean Navigators and they created a ticket.  We both have no access to the Princess Cruises App and now have to use the old Medallion App.

Being in our mid-30s, we knew were on the young side for cruising Princess, and the new Princess Cruises App just validated that.

IMG_4510.jpg

I'm 73 and got that the other day! Pretty funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi. I cannot use the old app because it doesn't recognize my booking. New app says it is connected but I see nothing in my journey...where should my next journey be? Am I missing something? Should I uninstall and try again? Tia!

Screenshot_20240108-160406.png

On 1/2/2024 at 5:37 PM, Astro Flyer said:

As I recall previously at the Elite level (and maybe Platinum?) dining reservations could be made immediately but for others it wasn’t until final payment. 

I am platinum, but still cannot see my journey in the app at all. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I keep waiting for an update on the app. Kind of surprised there hasn't been an incremental update.

It's mostly working most of the time for me. It's stopped telling me that I'm not old enough to look at internet plans, but it took about six login attempts. I was logging in with username/password and just got stubborn about it. Info stayed put in the form, so I just kept poinking the button until it gave up and let me in.I'm on Adnfroid, and it's stil version 1.0.0.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

It's mostly working most of the time for me. It's stopped telling me that I'm not old enough to look at internet plans, but it took about six login attempts. I was logging in with username/password and just got stubborn about it. Info stayed put in the form, so I just kept poinking the button until it gave up and let me in.I'm on Adnfroid, and it's stil version 1.0.0.

On IOS, it’s 1.0.1. But it isn’t any better.

This new app seems solely designed for onboard use.  There’s just so much missing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Poinking... I love it! 😁

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Poinking... I love it! 😁

Poinking. Yeah, so appropriate for a login experience. Still smirking. It's a keeper.😂

Edited by obendus