Earliest time off the ship in Port Canaveral

colesc15

Haven't sailed out of Port Canaveral in quite some time. Assuming no delays clearing anything, what's the earliest people have been in a taxi/Uber after getting off a ship, more specific an oasis class? If you carry your own luggage off of course. 

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Haven't sailed out of Port Canaveral in quite some time. Assuming no delays clearing anything, what's the earliest people have been in a taxi/Uber after getting off a ship, more specific an oasis class? If you carry your own luggage off of course. 

Which ship??   The large ships such as the Wonder have this down pat and will usually start letting off self-assist people around 6:30-6:45 (our experience)

The smaller ships such as the Mariner always fall later than that.  The earliest we have been able to self assist was 7:15-7:45

Edited by GTO-Girl

We've sailed out of Canaveral several times recently.  Always self-disembarkation ... I refuse to leave without sitting down to breakfast, then we pick up our luggage and join the line.  Once it starts moving, it moves fast.  That new facial recognition software gets you through Customs fast ... not all ports have it, but Canaveral does. 

We tend to be in our car, luggage in the trunk, turning North 7:20 - 7:30.  

Perfect thanks. Utopia, so will be similar to Wonder. Flight options are limited so going to risk it with an early flight and hope for the best. Hoping we can be in an uber by 7:30. 

6 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Perfect thanks. Utopia, so will be similar to Wonder. Flight options are limited so going to risk it with an early flight and hope for the best. Hoping we can be in an uber by 7:30. 

I cruised on Wonder 3 times last year (weird saying last year for 2023). The earliest self debarkation started on these cruises was 7:25 AM. I would recommend getting in line as early as possible (this may vary depending on the crew that day). On our first Wonder cruise last year we didn’t leave our cabin until the first announcement for self-debarkation. We used the stairs but it took us 25 minutes to leave the ship because a lot of people were ahead of us doing self debarkation. Based on my unscientific observations on 17 RCI cruises last year, a lot more people are doing self debarkation on longer cruises. 

• 1 month later...

New to Royal - do they do the self disembarkation by groups?  We usually walk right off on Celebrity at 7:00.  For this one, with a four & five year old, I don't necessarily want to have to get the up and out so quickly.  Any tips?

I sail out of Port Canaveral all the time. I have been off the ship as early as 6am, and as late as 715am.  That applies to Mariner, Indy, Allure, Wonder... I am hoping that Utopia will be the same way. I drive back home and work on those Mondays, and like to be here by 930am.

4 hours ago, Softball20 said:

New to Royal - do they do the self disembarkation by groups?  We usually walk right off on Celebrity at 7:00.  For this one, with a four & five year old, I don't necessarily want to have to get the up and out so quickly.  Any tips?

It is a general call for self-disembark. The groups are associated with collected luggage tags so that they can release people as their luggage is put ashore. 

On 12/31/2023 at 2:48 PM, colesc15 said:

I saw a post yesterday where a woman got off Allure at 6:40 am. But, she is Diamond Plus and was a Suite Guest so she had priority departure. She said she was the third person off the ship.

1 hour ago, PIR8LUVR said:

I saw a post yesterday where a woman got off Allure at 6:40 am. But, she is Diamond Plus and was a Suite Guest so she had priority departure. She said she was the third person off the ship.

Her C&A level had nothing to do with it. It was all about her being in a suite. We're usually always walked off by the SL concierge and first off.

I know we can walk off first thing, but what I'd love to know if we can just walk off later than that w/o having to turn in the luggage the night before?  Even 8:00 - 8:30 would be better with the little ones.  

34 minutes ago, Softball20 said:

I know we can walk off first thing, but what I'd love to know if we can just walk off later than 8:00 w/o having to turn in the luggage the night before?

It shouldn't be a problem.  Nobody is going to be pushing you to go any earlier than that for self-assist.  Leaving your room by 8:30 is a courtesy for the room stewards to get the rooms clean for the next guests.  You can then take your luggage up to the WindJammer buffet and have breakfast before you leave the ship.  That's what we've always done.

Edited by Qextor

2 hours ago, Qextor said:

It shouldn't be a problem.  Nobody is going to be pushing you to go any earlier than that for self-assist.  Leaving your room by 8:30 is a courtesy for the room stewards to get the rooms clean for the next guests.  You can then take your luggage up to the WindJammer buffet and have breakfast before you leave the ship.  That's what we've always done.

Drag the luggage through the WJ...no thanks !!  If we don't want to be the first off with the SL concierge we just have let our cabin steward know we're going to have breakfast then come back to get our luggage and be out by 8:30am. This works well if needed.

• Like 1