Happy New Year, so of course...

7 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Oceania starts 2024 with.....(wait for it)

ANOTHER SALE.

New Year Savings | Deals | Oceania Cruises

Nothing says our bookings are doing great more than a constant stream of sales. 

Happy New Years everyone, may your cruises be filled with joy, happiness and heavily discounted fares.

And I see the lower excursions credit kicked in also! A Cruise we have booked for late next year went up $100 from yesterday ($200 since we booked in August) and the excursion credits dropped $400.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Most of the cruises are 10 to 25 percent off.  I was curious which were 50% off.  Found the ones sailing from Dubai to Barcelona that went thru the suez canal and red sea in may 2024 were 50% off.   Do I feel lucky(no)...

Edited by davencl
  • Haha 4

Found our 12-night 8-9/24 Baltic cruise on it. Looks like ALL cabin prices up $200 or more from the Black Friday Sale 2023.

G Then $2999, Now $3199

F Then 3049, Now 3349

C1 Then 3649, Now 3849

B2 Then 4599, Now 4899

43 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Found our 12-night 8-9/24 Baltic cruise on it. Looks like ALL cabin prices up $200 or more from the Black Friday Sale 2023.

G Then $2999, Now $3199

F Then 3049, Now 3349

C1 Then 3649, Now 3849

B2 Then 4599, Now 4899

And the SM excursion credit went down, do double that price hike.

Here are some of the 2024 cruises I'm looking at (there are more, but these are my A-list):

10 and 11-day: no change in sale price, no change in SM credit ($600 per cabin); so these are a wash.

12-day: Sale price down $200 C-G and $300 A-B, SM credit down $800 to $600 per cabin; so this one is a cheaper.

7-day: no longer on sale (so price same as 2024 catalog), SM credit down $600 to $400; so this one is more expensive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davencl said:

Most of the cruises are 10 to 25 percent off.  I was curious which were 50% off.  Found the ones sailing from Dubai to Barcelona that went thru the suez canal and red sea in may 2024 were 50% off.   Do I feel lucky(no)...

That one is definitely bargain basement. My uncle would have been all over it for multiple reasons...me, probably not. I wonder if there is also a BYOW discount?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

That one is definitely bargain basement. My uncle would have been all over it for multiple reasons...me, probably not. I wonder if there is also a BYOW discount?

One is a segment on the Insignia ATW.

The next day Riviera sails a similar itinerary which is also on sale, but only as far as Trieste.

Riviera's Trieste to Barcelona is then also on sale.

All of them have availability in most categories.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Has anyone done any 2025 itinerary comparisons with the new pricing vs old? I was looking at two different sailings in May but didn’t save the pricing from last month. Rookie move on my part m

Edited by Vineyard View

16 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Has anyone done any 2025 itinerary comparisons with the new pricing vs old? I was looking at two different sailings in May but didn’t save the pricing from last month. Rookie move on my part m

Our september 2025 is $400 less today.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Download the 2025 e-catalog (or the Allura one) to compare. I think the prices listed include the 5-10% early booking discount. https://www.oceaniacruises.com/request-brochure

• Like 1

Thank you for posting @shepherd really as we have been monitoring two Med 2024 cruises and the prices listed today equal the same as was on the previous Happiest Holidays offering (other than the SM change).  Probably won't be the last promotion and in no hurry so will wait it out for a further discount than the last two sales. At this rate, O will definitely need to say good-bye to an R ship to maintain close to full bookings with Allura coming next year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Oceania starts 2024 with.....(wait for it)

ANOTHER SALE.

New Year Savings | Deals | Oceania Cruises

Nothing says our bookings are doing great more than a constant stream of sales. 

Happy New Years everyone, may your cruises be filled with joy, happiness and heavily discounted fares.

[editing added]

Yes, indeedy.  That's just how I remember my Econ 101... when sales are going GREAT, that's when to reduce the prices.

"NOT!" 😉 

(Of course, if they want to suggest causality in the other direction, that it took lowering prices to drive sales, well, okay then... 😠  Very wise.)

GC

• Like 1

We have a cruise we booked during the Black Friday sale which we got at bargain basement.  Some friends expressed interest in joining us on the cruise and  I screen dumped the price on January 1 2024.  For 2 pax in AUD the price was $16,618.  Today we received the NEW YEAR SALE and it was shown as applying for the cruise with a 25% discount.    Guess what the price is now AUD $18,538.  So it went up almost $2,000 from one day to the next.  25% off??

Posted (edited)

OK, being an Oceania newbie and a disenchanted Celebrity E+ cruiser, I have a question.  We booked (pre-SM) a cruise for this September and with the NY Sale it is $600 cheaper per person and will include SM.  Reading their Terms, I am not sure if I can just change it.  Do I have to cancel and rebook?  Thank you 

PS, I booked directly with O, not a travel agent. 

Edited by cluso

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cluso said:

OK, being an Oceania newbie and a disenchanted Celebrity E+ cruiser, I have a question.  We booked (pre-SM) a cruise for this September and with the NY Sale it is $600 cheaper per person and will include SM.  Reading their Terms, I am not sure if I can just change it.  Do I have to cancel and rebook?  Thank you 

PS, I booked directly with O, not a travel agent. 

No need to rebook.  Your travel agent can take care of that under your existing booking number.  If your O rep doesn't help. ditch him and get a professional who is working for you, not Oceania.

Note: this is based on actual real world firsthand experience in this exact situation.  Be aware of those who present their opinions as facts.  

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 2

ls it true that Oceania Club Savings cannot be combined with the NY Sale?

My TA says they cannot be combined but Oceania's website is advertising my cruise with NY sale, Simply More, and Oceania Club Savings.

I am confused.

This sale is working in my favor: original booking on Vista 8/2/24 Istanbul (fingers crossed) to Athens in Single cabin for $8199, booked during Summer Sale.

Switching to A2 for $6998. Cabin 8120 with extended balcony, so get larger cabin, better balcony for less. Yes, decrease in excursion credit, but still $1K savings.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aussietwo said:

We have a cruise we booked during the Black Friday sale which we got at bargain basement.  Some friends expressed interest in joining us on the cruise and  I screen dumped the price on January 1 2024.  For 2 pax in AUD the price was $16,618.  Today we received the NEW YEAR SALE and it was shown as applying for the cruise with a 25% discount.    Guess what the price is now AUD $18,538.  So it went up almost $2,000 from one day to the next.  25% off??

The 25% is off the "regular price"; what you downloaded (16,618 AUD) was the Holiday Sale price not the regular price. The 2023 regular price can be found in the post #11 link, but it may have increased on January 1st.

1 hour ago, kruznfool said:

ls it true that Oceania Club Savings cannot be combined with the NY Sale?

My TA says they cannot be combined but Oceania's website is advertising my cruise with NY sale, Simply More, and Oceania Club Savings.

I am confused.

Ask your TA to send the "combinability" rules (and any other rules) for each of the promos you want to know about. They are usually clear about whether they can be combined with other sales or perks like OBC/PPG. If your TA won't send them, consider switching TAs.

It would be an interesting experiment to determine during 2023, how many days were the cruises participating in a special “ Sale” versus regular prices. 

The primary issue is the old 3:1 ratios.”  It’s not over till the Fat Lady sings “ as the saying goes. Oceania works hard to sale the cruise, most anyway they can, and ends up having to resell it again and again . We were on a waitlisted early Visita cruise. Come FP, and the Lookie Loues bail, and Oceania never got the ship full. Our upcoming April cruise was fully waitlisted on 12/1/23, then 1/1/24 and FP came and the LL bailed, leaving capacity nearly ship wide. Oceania will be doing sales right up until sailing trying to get a full (er) cruise.

I’ve checked on every sale for my cruise ( it is listed as one on the sales) the price has not changed one cent, in 9 months, except in the lowest inside catagory. How can this be a sale?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, judi666 said:

I’ve checked on every sale for my cruise ( it is listed as one on the sales) the price has not changed one cent, in 9 months, except in the lowest inside catagory. How can this be a sale?

O has alternate meanings for a number of words.  Look at how they use the word "free" to describe things you pay for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6