*LIVE* NCL Jade Jan 7-12,2024

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from CAKEisgood! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

CAKEisgood was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Good morning from Port of Tampa,Florida and we are embarking on our first NCL cruise on the Jade. We have a beautiful suite in The Haven. I will provide daily updates and answer your questions as best I can. 

Cruise ports are Bahamas and Great Stirrup Cay. It’s a 5 night cruise. 

Parking was easy. No long lines to get into the terminal. And check in has been very smooth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Is there sufficient seating in the terminal at check-in? Mrs. Schmoopie fractured her leg pretty badly a few months ago and is using a cane and has a hard time standing for too long. (This may be an "interesting" cruise with her limited mobility.) Just wondering when we should try to check in when we're on the Jade next month to avoid too much standing around.

Edited by schmoopie17

1 hour ago, mafig said:

How is the Haven on Jade?  Does it have its own restaurant?

Jewel Class ships do not have a Haven restaurant.  There is a restaurant reserved for haven guests for breakfast and lunch.

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Is there sufficient seating in the terminal at check-in?

We arrived by 10 am and we had no problem finding a place to sit, but we were in VIP seating. I checked seating for all other passengers and it doesn’t look full. We were told our ship isn’t full. Maybe the key for you guys would be to arrive by 10am to make sure you have a spot for the Mrs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

How is the Haven on Jade?  Does it have its own restaurant?

We had lunch in Cagney’s and it was lovely. We are told breakfast will be in Moderna and lunch in Cagney’s every day. Woo Hoo!  

we haven’t made it to Haven, yet but will provide more updates. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CAKEisgood said:

So we can’t find the Haven. Is one even on this ship !?🤣🤣🤣 wine at lunch might have something to do with my orientation 🍷

There is not a "Haven" as you know it from the Breakaway ships.  May be called Garden Villa (forward Deck 14--one entrance is across the hall from Cagney's on Deck 13 up a staircase.

20 minutes ago, CAKEisgood said:

we can’t find the Haven

WE FOUND IT! There is an unmarked door leading from deck 13 to deck 14. We are in our room. OMG this is so nice! 

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Thank You  But I can not read any of the names.

No need to know the officers. OP did what you requested and now you want more. The appropriate response would be a simple no

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zqvol said:

No need to know the officers. OP did what you requested and now you want more. The appropriate response would be a simple no

My request was to post a "List" of Officers.  My intend on asking was to get information to post on the "Officers and Crew 2024 Where Are They Now" thread.

You might not care what Officer is where, but many others do.

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

There is not a "Haven" as you know it from the Breakaway ships.  May be called Garden Villa (forward Deck 14--one entrance is across the hall from Cagney's on Deck 13 up a staircase.

The Garden Villa is a room, not a public area.

We had dinner at Cagney’s. I had the lamb and my husband had the 5oz filet. Both tasted amazing. Compared to our Escape cruise in November, my love for Cagney’s is back. Rosemary French bread was crusty crust and soft inside. My lamb had a Smokey taste and was cooked to perfection paired with risotto. My husband had similar compliments for his filet mignon 

we had a Penfolds cab / Shirah to pair, suggested by the  Som, and it was awesome. Not overly fruit flavored. I’d show a pic, but I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic before my plate was clean. 

No dessert tonight. We were stuffed. I promise to eat cake at least once on this cruise. ❤️

• Like 3

8 hours ago, www3traveler said:

But I can not read any of the names

So sorry.  The officer names are in small print below each pic. It wouldn’t be practical to get get a picture to read the names of each officer. 

if that is something you really would like to know, maybe contact NCL directly to inquire.  Sorry if this didn’t meet your satisfaction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2