Are kettles available

Posted (edited)

We have grown fond of having a kettle in the stateroom.  I know they are available in cruises out of Australia and were provided on request on our last Transatlantic.

Does anyone know if they are available on the Explorer cruises in the Caribbean?

Edited by Old Maine guy

You're going to get mixed responses on this one. They did have kettles, and may still. Some blogs I've read recently said they were phasing them out, but when asked the room attendant was still able to get them. SO it may be ship\attendant  dependent at this point

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For the Caribbean, only JS's and above had kettles.  I say had, because they were paired with a one cup coffee maker- and both have been replaced with a Lavazza machine.  For just hot water, just run it w/o a coffee pod.  Works fine.

Two things to be aware of- 1) they are loud, and would wake up most people sleeping if you were up early; and 2) there is significant leaking into the pod "catcher" (no idea what it's called)- so plan on emptying it when you are done.

But the water is hot.

If you are in a JS or up, you will have one of those, balcony or down- nothing.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 1

It was interesting that my cruises on the Ovation in 2021 and 2022 (Alaska), the kettles were kept in the cabin. This past Spring, they started removing them when we got to Hawaii. My stewardess left mine, since I was on for 2 more legs. I liked being able to make a quick cup of Instant coffee on the mornings I was awake at 4-5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cigar King said:

We asked for one last month on Oasis and they brought it that day.  My wife prefers it to the Lavazza machine.  I do too if I am trying to sleep.

So you had a suite though. That's the correct answer. JS and above ..suites. not regular cabins.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

So you had a suite though. That's the correct answer. JS and above ..suites. not regular cabins.

My experience has been that a generous tip will get you almost anything...regardless of your cabin or status.