Once a day cabin service - did I miss something?

Posted (edited)

Greetings veteran Celebrity cruisers!

I'm following a thread for another cruise line where one of the posters insists that he was queried by his cabin steward about his choice of morning or evening service on three of the four of his Celebrity cruises this year (they weren't sure about the one they did in a suite).  On my cruise on the Summit tin February-March I received twice-a-day service - no choice, no conversation with the steward needed.  And I wasn't in a suite.

Have things changed in the past year?  Are the stewards on Celebrity moving back to once-a-day cabin cleaning?  I know Royal and NCL did.  I figure if they did it on X, I would have heard a lot more about it.  But perhaps other issues have taken priority to talk about and I missed the ones that discussed this?  I have a Celebrity cruise in March, and I'd like to know what to expect.

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity!

Edited by Honolulu Blue

I thought I read they were going to only clean once a day, but would still be doing the turndown at night, unlike Royal.  Unless in a suite, then they still clean/freshen twice a day. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm following a thread for another cruise line where one of the posters insists that he was queried by his cabin steward about his choice of morning or evening service on three of the four of his Celebrity cruises this year (they weren't sure about the one they did in a suite).  On my cruise on the Summit tin February-March I received twice-a-day service - no choice, no conversation with the steward needed.  And I wasn't in a suite.

Have things changed in the past year?  Are the stewards on Celebrity moving back to once-a-day cabin cleaning?  I know Royal and NCL did.  I figure if they did it on X, I would have heard a lot more about it.  But perhaps other issues have taken priority to talk about and I missed the ones that discussed this?  I have a Celebrity cruise in March, and I'd like to know what to expect.

That poster probably opted in to go Green

We’ve opted for “go green” on our last several cruises.  Cabin is cleaned throughly once a day and refreshed (clean towels if needed, curtains drawn, lights lowered) in the evening.  Works fine for us and any extra points are welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

That cruiser may have opted into the Go Green program where you trade in your 2nd room cleaning for 1 day of extra cruise points.

I don't think the poster I mentioned opted into Go Green.

50 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

I thought I read they were going to only clean once a day, but would still be doing the turndown at night, unlike Royal.  Unless in a suite, then they still clean/freshen twice a day. 

I haven't heard this.  Turndown has always been a lighter cleaning than the full service in the morning/afternoon.  For those who don't make much of a mess, it may not look different.

And for all of you I haven't mentioned, I thank you all for putting my mind at ease about this.  I knew I could count on you.  🥰

LOL--- If I were the VP of Customer Services I would eliminate the twice a day service---

Perhaps add an extra towel in the am, have a Staff member leave the Daily Program outside all the cabins and forget about turning down the bed , closing the drapes ,leave a mini chocolate to take home for grandchildren. If someone needs something, they can call room service.

( Perhaps that's why I'm not VP of Customer Service )?

LOL-- Points--- I just noticed how many points we need to " graduate " to Elite+ ---

All we have to do is spend another $ 20K and receive the additional Perks--- (nothing really special).

( Perhaps the person that thought up the Point Perks should be the VP of Customer Services )?

• Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 5:00 PM, Algebralovr said:

There has never been any talk of Celebrity going to once a day cabin cleaning. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:11 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

There are lots of people that post wrong information and go as far as make up stuff.  That particular poster would be one of them if they indeed posted that. 

• Thanks 1