Elite to Elite+

Rustyman

A question re the response time of Celebrity in upgrading status. We are going on a transatlantic as Elite but become Elite+ during the cruise. If we take a back to back following the transatlantic will our cruise card show us as Elite+? 
I’m asking as I really don’t want any arguments on board as we will go cruise only and take the free alcohol from 5-7 and all day cappuccinos etc.

I’ve found that the true answers to questions are more reliable on this forum than those received from Celebrity reps.

38 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

A question re the response time of Celebrity in upgrading status. We are going on a transatlantic as Elite but become Elite+ during the cruise. If we take a back to back following the transatlantic will our cruise card show us as Elite+? 
I’m asking as I really don’t want any arguments on board as we will go cruise only and take the free alcohol from 5-7 and all day cappuccinos etc.

I’ve found that the true answers to questions are more reliable on this forum than those received from Celebrity reps.

Talk to the Captains Club/Concierge on board your ship and they will make sure that your loyalty status is set correctly for the second leg of your B2B   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Talk to the Captains Club/Concierge on board your ship and they will make sure that your loyalty status is set correctly for the second leg of your B2B   

Perfect, thanks.

13 hours ago, Rustyman said:

We are going on a transatlantic as Elite but become Elite+ during the cruise.

You won't actually be E+ until the points post. But as stated above for b2b cruises, the Captain's Club host will advance your status for the second cruise.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

You need to see the LA on your first leg and tell the story.

Your card for the second leg will, more likely than not, already be printed so don't be alarmed if it shows your Elite status.

The LA will have asked you to visit the office some time on change-over day, probably just after 9.30.

9.30 is roughly the time when the ship's on-board computers switch over from 'previous' cruise to 'current' cruise and print a new card.

Your steward will be blissfully unaware of this and will have left paperwork for your Elite status - don't worry - the LA will give you new E+ paperwork and off you go.

It doesn't matter if this happens before or after the disembarking/embarking exercise.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

Talk with captains club host on first cruise they’ll take care of it. Personally I’d do a cruise prior & have the Elite plus benefits for the transatlantic 

• Like 1

We went to Elite on the second leg of a B2B and went to the Captain Club rep and they gave us the benefits for the second leg, which were significant.  If you don't do this it won't be automatic as we know that CC points lag by a couple of weeks.

P.S. we were five points short after the first leg, so we did "Go Green" to get those extra five points on the first leg to push us over the Elite threshold.  :-) 

Edited by Andy_P
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Still haven't used any of the benefits for years, since the internet became included

The best benefit for us was the 2nd bag of laundry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

My washing advisor remains unsure if her white washing is kept apart from everyone else's black washes despite it being split into colours at our end so "we" would rather bring it home to do here. We only use the laundry for shirts if I need some cleaned and they always do a very good job on those. If we are in a cabin that gives us free laundry we have sent off all the used shirts, t shirts etc to save on washing when returning home.

We almost always have drinks included with the cabin so the HH has little appeal.

• Like 2

I send out clothing that I am comfortable with if they get ruined.   

Basically anything with elastic will usually get ruined by destroying the elastic.   This is  mostly socks and underwear that aren’t high cost items.  

Depending on the fabric some stuff will come back like it was in a wrinkle machine that put permanent wrinkles in it.  

If you have any knitted type clothing the laundry tags they use may pull the threads when removing.   I don’t like those tags as they irritate and scratch my skin.  

I have read where some passengers will pack  clothing with the intention that after sending to the laundry and wearing again will  leave on board.   The attendants told me that Celebrity will wash and donate the clothing to the area they are sailing in. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Us, too. We travel carry-on only and everything has to be cleaned at least once during the trip.

I’m very careful with how I care for my clothes so if something may shrink, I use the Dry Clean benefits and will pay for a couple more garments if necessary. 

9 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

It happened to us many years ago on a b2b. Spoke to Captains Club person on Cruise 1 during cruise 1 and had our new cards and status on cruise 2. Still haven't used any of the benefits for years, since the internet became included.

Internet is not included if you book Sail Only rates - unless of course you book suites. For any one who dose not drink alcohol and has no need of unlimited wifi the Elite+ perks are very valuable. 

31 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Internet is not included if you book Sail Only rates - unless of course you book suites. For any one who dose not drink alcohol and has no need of unlimited wifi the Elite+ perks are very valuable. 

We generally get a suite.

Maybe not the right board, but I'll give this a shot.  We are sailing on Ascent in April (Aqua Class) and this will be our first Celebrity cruise at the Elites loyalty level.  Can anybody tell me what we should expect for benefits and when we'll find out what they will be?

14 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Maybe not the right board, but I'll give this a shot.  We are sailing on Ascent in April (Aqua Class) and this will be our first Celebrity cruise at the Elites loyalty level.  Can anybody tell me what we should expect for benefits and when we'll find out what they will be?

You will get a welcome aboard letter and detailed sheet from the CC concierge listing all your perks/benefits specific to your cruise. 

Here is a link to Celebrity's website for tier levels and some CC perks/benefits. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Edited by doghog

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

You will get a welcome aboard letter and detailed sheet from the CC concierge listing all your perks/benefits specific to your cruise. 

Here is a link to Celebrity's website for tier levels and some CC perks/benefits. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

The Elite breakfast is one of our favorite benefits. They have pastries, lunch meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, and smoked salmon plates. Mimosas, Bellinis, and I believe Bloody Marys are included, as are cappuccino and other espresso coffees, regular coffee and tea, and smoothies. It will be in one of the specialty restaurants. It’s quiet and peaceful.

• Like 1