Cancelled cruise.

Try Princess. We have done 3 Princess cruises round the British isles in the last 2 years. Plus Princess always stop at more ports per cruise. We had 11 ports in 14 days on the last one

• Like 2

We were booked on this cruise too and received the cancellation email earlier. I only booked it 3 weeks ago while we were on Arvia!

No reasons given and the replacement itinerary will be available 18th March 2024 yet the £100 pp additional obs that they've offered us is only available for bookings made before the 4th March 2024.

We have several other cruises booked but I was particularly looking forward to this one and seeing parts of the UK that we wouldn't normally visit.

Take care everyone.

JulieScreenshot_20240115_143702_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.949420eed7c664d51570f6cf470366d9.jpg

They have done this a few times of late. It must be disappointing for those booked on the cruise. If passengers had wanted a cruise to the Med they would have booked one to begin with! 

Like others have said, Princess do some lovely round the British Isle cruises and appear very popular.

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

They’re not ditching Arcadia are they?

I don't think so. It looks like they've just decided to send her to the Med instead. Interestingly, J510 was due to leave on July 16th - not the 13th which the new cruise will be leaving on. 

Edit to add - J509 (3 night western europe cruise) must also have been cancelled which was due to depart on July 13th. 

Edited by CarlaMarie

2 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

I don't think so. It looks like they've just decided to send her to the Med instead. Interestingly, J510 was due to leave on July 16th - not the 13th which the new cruise will be leaving on. 

So they’ll presumably be cancelling the 3 night (13th - 16th) Guernsey cruise as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Never used them but we are tempted to try an Ambasador round Britain cruise.  Reviews are good and they sail from 6 different ports. 

We had a great round Britain cruise with Ambassador last August with an overnight in Rouen. 

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I should imagine it has been cancelled because of poor bookings.

Think so. In August P&O were reduced the price, even for those who had already booked.

1 hour ago, RebelWithoutAClue said:

this makes me worry for my British Isles cruise on Britannia in June 25.... 😟

That is her 10th anniversary cruise isn't it? I wouldn't think they would cancel or change that one. 

We had the same experience last year when we were booked on B421 (now B421N). What frustrated us was P&O wilfully ignoring booking condition 40 that states passengers should be given the opportunity to accept the significant alteration (or have a refund etc). Still got ABTA and Trading Standards looking into that one for us.

7 hours ago, 1980 said:

We had the same experience last year when we were booked on B421 (now B421N). What frustrated us was P&O wilfully ignoring booking condition 40 that states passengers should be given the opportunity to accept the significant alteration (or have a refund etc). Still got ABTA and Trading Standards looking into that one for us.

Indeed! You know why, because they can bring out the new itinerary at 3x the price. Cancellations never work in passengers favour, if you want to cancel it will cost you..if they want to cancel it done on a whim with little in way of recompense. 

• Like 4

On 1/15/2024 at 1:15 PM, Ivanhoe road said:

Just had email to advise our British Isles cruise on Arcadia (J510)  July 2025 has been cancelled.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm doing the same cruise but in 2024, which AFAIK is still on. I see from other posts here  that they are replacing the 2025 cruise with one to the Med, though why anyone would want to go to the Med at the hottest time of the year I can't imagine.