Carnival Stock

RE Guru

Hello everyone,

My husband typically would be on this forum but he had a stroke over a year ago and now I'm responsible for all our planning.  I booked multiple cruses on Carnival and just realized that he purchased 100 shares of stock.  I have no idea how to track down proof of these shares and ended up buying another 100.  My first question is, does anyone know how I can go about tracking down those shares?  I don't believe he sold it and I don't know how he bought it.  We don't have a financial advisor, so I'm pretty sure he bought it on his own.  Does Carnival have a list of shareholders I can get?  My next questions is we are starting cruise #3 now and have three more the first three weeks in February.  I'm guessing, they won't issue credits retroactively for the last two cruses.  Any idea if we can get the credit on this one and the three in February or how to expedite them?  I did reach out by email to them already.  Last question, we have gotten together in the past on ships for a meet and greet.  Are there people interested and traveling on Panorama this week and on Luminosa in the first three weeks in February who want to get together?  I don't really know how to organize it but would love to attend.  

No, you cannot get credit for cruises you've already taken; it wouldn't do ypu any good - it's OBC that is only used to spend onboard per booking, not something that goes into your Carnival account. If you submit your proof of ownership per the policy, you can still get it for the upcoming cruises.

To find people to do things with on specific cruises, you should sign up for those roll calls. There will be one for each cruise, so you'll sign up multiple times.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

27 minutes ago, lubedobedo said:

If you go on Facebook and type your ship name and date of your cruise in the search bar, you should be able to find group for your cruise that you can join.

And remember @RE Guru the roll calls here on CC (that @Elaine5715 showed you how to find) are different from the ones on FB (that @lubedobedo mentioned) are not linked, so any conversations you have in one will not be seen in the other. But you can join roll calls in both places. 

55 minutes ago, lubedobedo said:

If you go on Facebook and type your ship name and date of your cruise in the search bar, you should be able to find group for your cruise that you can join.

25 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

And remember @RE Guru the roll calls here on CC (that @Elaine5715 showed you how to find) are different from the ones on FB (that @lubedobedo mentioned) are not linked, so any conversations you have in one will not be seen in the other. But you can join roll calls in both places. 

FB mentioned posts tend to disappear

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

My guess they were purchased through E-Trade, Schwab, Robin Hood or a similar online company.

Check his emails for statements or correspondence!

I agree with TheSmiths. Check for emails/correspondence. Another place to look is at your online bank statements as such purchases usually require a check payment or electronic debit from your bank account. You may not have time to search through those, but if your husband is able to at least give you a hint that might help to fine tune your search. 

Also what I have found is sometimes you may lose your log-in info for certain accounts. I know, it's difficult today where we have dozens of profiles for shopping/electricity/water/gas etc... anyway a few years ago I wanted to to shop at a certain big-box warehouse store. I knew I had shopped there some years before and had a profile way back. Couldn't find the log-in so I clicked on the FORGOT PASSWORD link, typed in my email addresses, and Bingo, there was a Reset-PW email in my one email inbox a few minutes later. I reset the password and found I had last been a "member" 15 years before. (They kept my profile all those years!!!!) Problem solved, shopping available again. If you can figure out the company, then that may be an option to tracing an online profile. 

If the shares were purchased before the middle of December of 2019, you would have received a dividend check in January 2020. As a result of receiving the dividend check you would have been mailed a form 1099-DIV in January 2021 with the information to put on your 2020 federal tax return. The 1099-DIV should have the name of who the shares are held by and the account number.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thesmiths said:

My guess they were purchased through E-Trade, Schwab, Robin Hood or a similar online company.

Check his emails for statements or correspondence!

Good luck! 

You could try searching email inbox and sent folders for CCLThat could possibly help find anything related to Carnival stock purchase, notices of dividend payments, previous requests for on-board credits from Guest Admin, Etc.

Best of luck to you and your husband. 

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1

Also, you probably should be getting a year end statement for taxes in his email or US Mail.

I was just notified via email for my E-Trade account this past week.

If money is tight, sell 100 shares once you find them, you only need 100 shares for the OBC,

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. Before his stroke, my husband was the planner for vacations and accountant for our household. I am now in charge of everything and have planned eight cruises to escape the snow in Massachusetts. So far, so good. I’m adjusting my schedule as I go along as well. I’m limited with access to his email so it’s very difficult to see what he has. As it happens, his phone broke during our second week, so I cannot check it his email. But the idea of checking with our accountant is excellent, I can do that now. I still don’t know how dividends work or even if we ever had some but I am going to look into this now.  I am hoping that at the very least, I can get on board credit for the three cruises in Australia next month. Thank you all for your responses. This is a great group and I wish I was able to figure out how to do a meet up on the ship but it also looks like there are no rollcall groups for panorama  And only a few questions for Luminosa in February. I’m still learning and with your help will be able to get better at travel planning thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

stock price seems to be on a steady decline lately.

They're all up and down. I've been watching NCL for a year. It was around $12-13 a year ago. Then it climbed to $22. Now it's at $17.

5 minutes ago, RE Guru said:

Does Norwegian have an OBC program too or just carnival?

They do. That's why I've been watching. It's almost the same as Carnival's. The one difference is I think Carnival goes to $250 at 14 day cruises and NCL goes to $250 for 15 day cruises. Last year when NCLH was $12-13 I was waiting on 11. Didn't happen and it skyrocketed to 22. I have a couple more cruises booked with them but not till next year so I'm hoping to catch a low point this year.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:19 AM, Chip1 said:

If the shares were purchased before the middle of December of 2019, you would have received a dividend check in January 2020. As a result of receiving the dividend check you would have been mailed a form 1099-DIV in January 2021 with the information to put on your 2020 federal tax return. The 1099-DIV should have the name of who the shares are held by and the account number.

Unless the account is set up like mine with Edward Jones, any dividends are reinvested.

1 hour ago, RE Guru said:

Does Norwegian have an OBC program too or just carnival?

Rcl also is almost identical to carnival for obc for either royal or celebrity. The difference is rcl stock is making a profit unlike ccl and ncl. Has a pe, price earnings ratio. Earnings have been so good people are ho hum, expected. I'm in and out. I buy and sell but havent held. Currently only 100 shares at 122ish this last trade. 

Big difference buying a $17 stock and a $122 stock even if you just buy turn in proof and then sell. Earnings I think are scheduled for feb 1. Usually gives the sector a bounce. And icon just started to sail at sky high prices. They seem to have what families will pay any crazy prices for. Icon class is what I mean by crazy and they already announced star is next icon class and utopia still coming which will be the last oasis class. 

I know someone else above mentioned this but just check your tax returns from last year. You should have a 1099-DIV from your husband's stock holdings. I made 97 cents last year with my 150 share of CCL LOL.

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl also is almost identical to carnival for obc for either royal or celebrity. The difference is rcl stock is making a profit unlike ccl and ncl.

I bought my CCL at like $9 and they are/were at $16 when I last looked a couple of days ago so it making a profit for me. Actually if you look at the last 12 mo, they are still up.

image.thumb.png.e3f1595e8db55ef3629385970c4dccd1.png