Labadee- Best Beach Without Rocks

Hello- It has been a long time since I have been to Labadee.  We always went to Adrenaline Beach, but I really don't like all the rocks in the water even with water shoes.  

What is the best beach that a nonsuite person can go to in Labadee?

14 minutes ago, dsvd79 said:

Hello- It has been a long time since I have been to Labadee.  We always went to Adrenaline Beach, but I really don't like all the rocks in the water even with water shoes.  

Columbus Cove is the best. No rocks and some shade. Pretty much soft sand on beach and water bottom. It is farthest from the docks but you can take the tram if you don’t want to walk.  Nellies is okay. Adrenaline should be avoided because of the sun and rocks. Passengers end up there because it is closest to the docks and also the beach attendants steer them there. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Columbus Cove is the best. No rocks and some shade. Pretty much soft sand on beach and water bottom. It is farthest from the docks but you can take the tram if you don’t want to walk.  Nellies is okay. Adrenaline should be avoided because of the sun and rocks. Passengers end up there because it is closest to the docks and also the beach attendants steer them there. 

We are planning to try Columbus Cove next. If I remember correctly, there was a water taxi at the dock making one-way trip to the Columbus Cove side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoShoes2 said:

We are planning to try Columbus Cove next. If I remember correctly, there was a water taxi at the dock making one-way trip to the Columbus Cove side.

The water taxi runs in the morning. The crew uses it to move some supplies from the ship to the food area near Columbus Cove.  If the water taxi is still running there will be a sign on the dock for the taxi. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Barefoot, which we really like

I had a little mishap at Barefoot last year.  

I was watching DH go into the water and I thought to myself "he's walking so gingerly, he looks like he's 90 years old!"  Well, I went to go in and I was carrying a float.  I put the float in the water and it sort of got away from me. I leaned forward to get it and I fell flat on my face.  The sand was so soft under my feet I couldn't get a grip and get up without the assistance of the life guard.  I was so embarassed!

I guess I provided the comic reflief for the day.

Does anyone else have a problem with the soft sand and the slope getting in the water?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mafig said:

I had a little mishap at Barefoot last year.  

I was watching DH go into the water and I thought to myself "he's walking so gingerly, he looks like he's 90 years old!"  Well, I went to go in and I was carrying a float.  I put the float in the water and it sort of got away from me. I leaned forward to get it and I fell flat on my face.  The sand was so soft under my feet I couldn't get a grip and get up without the assistance of the life guard.  I was so embarassed!

I guess I provided the comic reflief for the day.

Does anyone else have a problem with the soft sand and the slope getting in the water?

I also found sand soft , plenty of life guards to help , my younger and more fit wife had no issues, but this 70 plus did. 

On 1/21/2024 at 3:05 PM, JeffT237 said:

Another vote for Columbus Cove, nice beach.

And it's been years, but as I recall there's a handy dining pavilion close to it as well.  

On 1/21/2024 at 11:26 AM, smokeybandit said:

Barefoot Beach, which ironically is full of rocks and shells.

That was our one and only experience on that beach. A cynical RCI suite perk maybe?

On 1/21/2024 at 12:08 PM, dsvd79 said:

Depends on what you like in a beach. I love big waves. Some people don't. 

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Depends on what you like in a beach. I love big waves. Some people don't. 

Funny thing is before the dock was opened they didn’t allow passengers to to use what is now called Adrenaline Beach. There were keep off, no swimming, that claimed dangerous currents. Etc. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1