Unable to download app to tablet-how do I do pre boarding health check?

brandy3415

I am one of those who has tried to download app and got message that Celebrity does not support the android tablet.   Still waiting for Celebrity to address that issue.    How do I do the pre boarding health check ?    I assume the safety review can be viewed in cabin on arrival.

How has anyone else dealt with this ?

6 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

I am one of those who has tried to download app and got message that Celebrity does not support the android tablet.   Still waiting for Celebrity to address that issue.    How do I do the pre boarding health check ?    I assume the safety review can be viewed in cabin on arrival.

Maybe look at this thread.  

3 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I have two tablets.   On the first, the app appears but says it does not have the above named and look at these other apps--which have nothing to do with Celebrity.  

On the second, the Aptoide page comes up telling all about how it sells the apps.

Any further suggestions?   Am I doing something incorrectly?   When I open your link on my computer, I see the app download, but on tablets, not.

44 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

Any further suggestions?   Am I doing something incorrectly?   When I open your link on my computer, I see the app download, but on tablets, not.

Really? After I posted the link, I realized that I hadn't installed it on my new tablet. I navigated to the website I posted and clicked on download. It installed a Aptoide  app first, then the Celebrity app. After the Celebrity app was installed, I deleted the Aptoide 

I know many have found compatibility problems with the Celebrity App and android tablets.

Your really don't need to perform the Health Check in advance.   In fact, even if you fill it out they will read it to your again and will record your response.    The current health check is just one long sentence -    Are you pregnant, had a temperature flu like symptoms, nausea diarrhea etc.  

8 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Really? After I posted the link, I realized that I hadn't installed it on my new tablet. I navigated to the website I posted and clicked on download. It installed a Aptoide  app first, then the Celebrity app. After the Celebrity app was installed, I deleted the Aptoide 

So I downloaded Aptoide and got a message file was not safe.   I cancelled message and downloaded the Celebrity App.  Got a message saying this was not safe and I was not being allowed to do this.  

I just do not know what goes on.

15 hours ago, brandy3415 said:

You don't have a smartphone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brandy3415 said:

So I downloaded Aptoide and got a message file was not safe.   I cancelled message and downloaded the Celebrity App.  Got a message saying this was not safe and I was not being allowed to do this.  

I just do not know what goes on.

See post #9. You don't need it to do the health questionnaire.

old news for us... Celebrity App has  never worked with any of our Samsung Android devices.  We have managed well without it, pre and post cruise.

We download our cruise docs,  boarding paperwork and luggage tags from the Cruise Planner.  They take our photo at the port and do the health questions there.  The safety video is on the cabin TV..usually.. 

No need to carry our phones around and  I  use  my tablet to read &  check e mail.  We hear the App is often wrong as to schedules and menus  

Edited by hcat

I don't use the app, and the first thing I do when we get into the cabin is put our phones, keys, and passports in the safe. The next time I see them is the last night when everything comes out of the safe.

If you have a smart phone, you can put the app on that if you want to use it.  While you don't need to do the health check there, and yes, menus are sometimes not up to date, I like it for the on board activities.  Trivia, what band is playing where, etc.  If you mark what you are wanting to do, it will remind you of the activities as well.