TBA cabin not assigned and time for check in!!

bar1068

Who here has booked a TBA/QTY cabin and not had a cabin assigned when it was time to check in for the cruise? We're sailing on Jubilee next month in a TBA...check-in is tomorrow (or tonight if I stay up) and no cabin!! And  while I knew fully what I signed up for when we booked the QTY, (had pretty good luck with them in the past), I'm getting kinda nervous!! I'll be a wreck if we had to show up in Galveston with no cabin assigned!!

• Like 1

Relax. Sometimes most likely between now and the cruise your cabin will get assigned. Simply go back in and re-print your boarding pass/luggage tags.

15 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Hopefully the linen closet next to the crew stairwell will be available.

We can only hope!!

We find it amusing that when we booked the QTY cabin, we were also waitlisted for YTD...about 2 weeks after booking we received email we were confirmed for YTD....we thought great!! Got the dining we wanted...but no cabin. We're also thinking maybe they'll tow us behind the ship in one of the life boats...haul us on and off at start and end of each day. 

• Haha 4

Was on the Dream in November.  The lobby had 30 or more guests waiting at Guest Services to be assigned a cabin.  Some were not pleased with the assignments.  However, this was a Journeys cruise, with almost a thousand Diamonds and Platinums. 

Just now, AtomicCruiser said:

Was on the Dream in November.  The lobby had 30 or more guests waiting at Guest Services to be assigned a cabin.  Some were not pleased with the assignments.  However, this was a Journeys cruise, with almost a thousand Diamonds and Platinums. 

Wow I can't believe it's possible to board the ship without an assigned cabin. How do they know where your luggage goes, how do you know where your muster station is, etc? 

6 minutes ago, AtomicCruiser said:

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Wow I can't believe it's possible to board the ship without an assigned cabin. How do they know where your luggage goes, how do you know where your muster station is, etc? 

Yeah. That doesn't seem accurate does it? But more importantly, why would they not be pleased with their cabin assignments? Just don't get a GTY cabin if you aren't willing to play roulette with the cabin assignments.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Yeah. That doesn't seem accurate does it? But more importantly, why would they not be pleased with their cabin assignments? Just don't get a GTY cabin if you aren't willing to play roulette with the cabin assignments.

Oh I firmly believe that Carnival deals with lots of folks every cruise who don't like their guarantee cabin assignment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

One time I flew to Europe with TBA luggage tags. The porter had a manifest and filled out blank luggage tags with my assigned cabin.

I get GTY cabins can come anytime, but I don't know if I could take that big of a leap. Europe isn't around the corner, at least for me, lol.

22 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I get GTY cabins can come anytime, but I don't know if I could take that big of a leap. Europe isn't around the corner, at least for me, lol.

Me neither, but the travel agent I used was also on the cruise so I figured they would make things happen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

You are exactly right.  As long as they get the type (interior, balcony, etc.) they paid for, no who agrees to a GTY cabin has any right to complain about the one they are assigned.

But I am sure that doesn't stop people from doing it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Who here has booked a TBA/QTY cabin and not had a cabin assigned when it was time to check in for the cruise?

We were on Panorama in January with a TBA/GTY balcony. That’s all we could afford to book at the time. We were assigned a cabin somewhere between 36-48 hrs prior to sailing. It was a mid-ship balcony on the 7th floor. That was a surprise. We fully expected to be in a broom closet with a Juliet balcony 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

You are exactly right.  As long as they get the type (interior, balcony, etc.) they paid for, no who agrees to a GTY cabin has any right to complain about the one they are assigned.

But I am sure that doesn't stop people from doing it.

We know they book an interior and expect a suite...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

Apparently doesn't seem to matter. just checked in for our cruise next month...everything is same except TBA on boarding passes and luggage tags. Seems this could be whats meant when saying the cabin could assigned "at the port".  Someone posted on another thread here they arrived without  an cabin, boarded the ship with their luggage, guest services went back and forth with someone in Miami...about 5-6 hours later, they were assigned a cabin.

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

It happened to me. I was on the ship for 5 hours before they assigned me my cabin.

What happens with the luggage? Well you can't give it to the porters because no room assignment. You have to drag it around. After an hour I went to Guest Services and begged them to at least take my bigger suitcase (which they did thankfully).

What happens with mustering? You can't. No room = No Muster Station = you can't get a drink at any bar. That was a lot of fun (not). The funnier thing was that they gave me a free drink coupon for the trouble of not having a room assigned. Only... I couldn't use it. 

Eventually I was assigned a room. I told them at that point I would have been willing to sleep in the crew quarters. LOL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Apparently doesn't seem to matter. just checked in for our cruise next month...everything is same except TBA on boarding passes and luggage tags. Seems this could be whats meant when saying the cabin could assigned "at the port".  Someone posted on another thread here they arrived without  an cabin, boarded the ship with their luggage, guest services went back and forth with someone in Miami...about 5-6 hours later, they were assigned a cabin.

Yeah that was me. LOL. It really did happen! 

6 hours ago, PayneAS said:

It happened to me. I was on the ship for 5 hours before they assigned me my cabin.

What happens with the luggage? Well you can't give it to the porters because no room assignment. You have to drag it around. After an hour I went to Guest Services and begged them to at least take my bigger suitcase (which they did thankfully).

What happens with mustering? You can't. No room = No Muster Station = you can't get a drink at any bar. That was a lot of fun (not). The funnier thing was that they gave me a free drink coupon for the trouble of not having a room assigned. Only... I couldn't use it. 

Eventually I was assigned a room. I told them at that point I would have been willing to sleep in the crew quarters. LOL.

wow that is unacceptable to me

7 hours ago, PayneAS said:

Yeah that was me. LOL. It really did happen! 

Lol!! I remembered!! I was telling my wife about that....possibility.....we liked, wow, how messed up would it be if you have no cabin, and the ship leaves port!!! Would have to look around for the most comfortable spot to sleep!!