Emerald Princess Penthouse Suites Aft or Mid-Ship

gvre

Any opinion of these Emerald Princess Penthouse suites.

My choice is an AFT Deck 10 C749 it looks like it has a bigger balcony or a mid-ship Deck 14 R405 which  has a smaller balcony. Cabin lay out are the same.

Thanks for your thoughts

We prefer the aft facing suites, love the view and the larger balcony with full lounge chairs.  On our last cruise, Dec/Jan 2024), we moved to a midship suite because of my husbands mobility problems. (across from mid ship elevators)  The room is the same but the balcony is much smaller, no room for full loungers, just 2 chairs that recline a little.  The table is also smaller  Oh well, such is life.  Hope you enjoy your cruise whichever you choose.

Aft, all the way!  
For some reason, that class of ships put their suites right under the pool deck.  What a huge mistake unless one can sleep through anything both late at night and early in the morning!  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Aft, all the way!  
For some reason, that class of ships put their suites right under the pool deck.  What a huge mistake unless one can sleep through anything both late at night and early in the morning!  

There are usually tons of aft suites on those ships. We tend to go to Aloha or Caribe deck but always aft. We are in an Aloha penthouse right now on the Crown. Huge balcony

Question for those that like the aft suites.  Does the noise from the wake cause any issues?  We are booked in a Forward S5 suite on the Discovery and placed a upgrade bid to an aft suite.  We just got off the Crown and I love hanging out on the promenade deck looking at the aft view.  Since we have a bid, we noticed that it is pretty loud but figure the higher up, the less noise.  We changed our bid from pretty high to almost the minimum.  Pretty sure it is a long shot on getting the upgrade, but curious about the noise. TIA

4 hours ago, gvre said:

Any opinion of these Emerald Princess Penthouse suites.

My choice is an AFT Deck 10 C749 it looks like it has a bigger balcony or a mid-ship Deck 14 R405 which  has a smaller balcony. Cabin lay out are the same.

Thanks for your thoughts

Here's D737 balcony on Ruby 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2981900-panama-canal-on-the-ruby-princess-2023-christmas-cruise-photo-video-journal-by-bimmer09/page/10/

here's C750 room on Emerald (scroll to post 224)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2182712-emerald-princess-rome-to-barcelona-september-26-october-3-2015-in-photos-and-video/page/9/

Great cabins!! Superb 180 view and no wind.

Hope this helps Norris

16 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I hate aft and always go for mid ship. Easier to go to any venue from mid ship.

I am glad that there are other guests like you... more afts available for us.We never gain weight on a cruise because we book aft.

• 2 months later...

We had R402, midship penthouse both on Ruby and Emerald.

This cabin is directly under Lido deck and both times we experienced "rolling Thunder" approx, 6:30am each morning. My guess they are moving carts of towels or food products just above our heads.

A question for Aft fans... did you find soot on your balcony while underway from the stacks?

Thanks

Bob

On 4/21/2024 at 2:51 AM, bobpell said:

We had R402, midship penthouse both on Ruby and Emerald.

This cabin is directly under Lido deck and both times we experienced "rolling Thunder" approx, 6:30am each morning. My guess they are moving carts of towels or food products just above our heads.

A question for Aft fans... did you find soot on your balcony while underway from the stacks?

Thanks

Bob

No soot and yes the those suiotes on the side are horrible. Friends on this cruise had one and hated the noise.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:52 AM, gvre said:

No soot and yes the those suiotes on the side are horrible. Friends on this cruise had one and hated the noise.

I always figured that putting the expensive suites right under the pool deck was the biggest mistake Princess ever made. Not sure what they were thinking! 

• Like 1

Further to my stay in penthouse R402 midship just below the Lido deck on Emerald

There was no chaise loungers on our balcony

Instead there were 2 wooden chairs that reclined slightly and 2 ottomans the pictures above show cushions on the chaise loungers...I wish!!