The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Amy! The Boathouse is our go to place at Disney Springs. More pics from Patti coming up next! She's a Disney girl at heart. 😃

I knew I loved Patti. I too am a Disney girl.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

And then there is the Lego Store……

IMG_4303-XL.jpg

Here are some of the BIG Lego displays outside of the store…..

IMG_4302-XL.jpg

IMG_4301-XL.jpg

IMG_4299-XL.jpg

IMG_4298-XL.jpg

IMG_4297-XL.jpg

IMG_4296-XL.jpg

Patti takes us inside the Lego Store…..

IMG_4304-XL.jpg

IMG_4305-XL.jpg

IMG_4307-XL.jpg

IMG_4308-XL.jpg

IMG_4310-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 15

wow... We haven't been to Disney since our son was a child... he's now 35. Thanks for the pictorial review, as I hardly recognize the "Marketplace"; at least that's what I think it used to be called. Regarding the glass artist - I wonder if he's the artist that sculped the lobby art in the Bellagio Las Vegas.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ober134 said:

wow... We haven't been to Disney since our son was a child... he's now 35. Thanks for the pictorial review, as I hardly recognize the "Marketplace"; at least that's what I think it used to be called. Regarding the glass artist - I wonder if he's the artist that sculped the lobby art in the Bellagio Las Vegas.

Or Atlantis ?!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ober134 said:

That was done by Dale Chihuly.

So was the glass in Atlantis. 😊

Dale's place is a couple of hours from me.

Edited by AmyJA
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, ober134 said:

Yes, one section is still called the Marketplace, and before it became Disney Springs it was Downtown Disney. :classic_cool:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Patti is almost back to the Boathouse….

IMG_4341-XL.jpg

IMG_4342-XL.jpg

Patti has made it back. The first order of business is to get her a Malibu Bay Breeze….

IMG_4345-XL.jpg

We order our lunch. I’m having the lobster roll…..

IMG_4346-XL.jpg

Patti orders the Yacht Club, half of which she’ll bring back to the hotel…..

IMG_4347-XL.jpg

After we finished eating and had another drink, we make our way back to the car. As we were leaving we passed a group of Disney buses. Reminded us of when we would stay on site we used those buses to take us everywhere. Good times…..

IMG_4348-XL.jpg

IMG_4349-XL.jpg

Back on I-4, we were soon passing Sea World…..

IMG_4359-XL.jpg

We exit onto International Drive. We pass Icon Park and Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. We’ll be checking out Icon Park on Thursday…..

IMG_4364-XL.jpg

IMG_4365-XL.jpg

We were back in our room at 4pm, and we were ready for a nap, especially Patti who did a lot of walking on aching feet! We stayed in the rest of the night relaxing, watching tv, and working on pictures.

Coming up next: Our day at Universal’s City Walk!

• Like 21

My mom was in the Disney College program in the 1980s and used to go to Disney Springs to study when it was still called "Lake Buena vista Marketplace" or something like that. She said she'd study there because it was so quiet! 😅 crazy to see how much it has changed! Great pictures as always 🙂

Edited by Elsammo46
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great pictures, Patti sure put on a lot of miles. I was there when it was Downtown Disney probably about 13 years ago. At that time I dated a man who had a very expensive motorhome and we would stay at Fort Wilderness which was fun. Not having children, I had only been to Disney one other time so I sure learned a lot about Disney during this time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Amy! The Boathouse is our go to place at Disney Springs. More pics from Patti coming up next! She's a Disney girl at heart. 😃

Me too! Disney is my favorite place to visit. Boathouse is the best! I can't ask for more. A cruise report topped off with a Disney trip! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

IMG_4288-XL.jpg

Small world (no pun intended) - I went to college in Moorhead MN.

The blown glass pictures were spectacular - please tell Patti good job!!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Jamman, sorry to veer off topic. We splurged and got the drink package. We will pay taxes on drinks in San Juan and St. Thomas right ? You stayed on board in San Juan, were the taxes on drinks high ? What about St. Thomas ? 
Thanks 

Jen

I thought so,  but just to be sure I checked our Sail & Sign charges. In San Juan we were charged roughly 10% tax on each drink. However,  I had 3 drinks while we were docked in St. Thomas and was not charged any tax. Weird. 🙄

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I thought so,  but just to be sure I checked our Sail & Sign charges. In San Juan we were charged roughly 10% tax on each drink. However,  I had 3 drinks while we were docked in St. Thomas and was not charged any tax. Weird. 🙄

Interesting.  I thought we always paid the tax in St Thomas.  I’ll be there in a couple of weeks and check. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Thank you ! 🙂

• Like 2

Great review I am enjoying post cruise activities. I have last been to Disney Springs when it was Downtown Disney, wow has it ever changed and grown.

Does Patti ever track her steps? She sure covers allot of ground.

Thanks to both of you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Great review I am enjoying post cruise activities. I have last been to Disney Springs when it was Downtown Disney, wow has it ever changed and grown.

Does Patti ever track her steps? She sure covers allot of ground.

Thanks to both of you.

Thanks! You need to get back there. A lot has changed in the last ten years. With her bad feet, she doesn't even want to know how many steps she takes! :classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2