Celebrity Infinity recent dry dock

amber1002

Can anyone on current February 2 sailing let me know what was done in dry dock in last few weeks? Was it just an inspection or were any refurbishments carried out?

Will be sailing on this ship in a few weeks and wondered if there were any improvements made as the reviews are quite bad saying the ship looks very tired.

Thanks 

11 hours ago, amber1002 said:

Will be sailing on this ship in a few weeks

Which sailing? Perhaps you could come back and post once you have sailed? We’re on her in March and it sounds like half of the U.K. will be on her over the next few months with all the reduced fares 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Found a video that highlights the changes on the Infinity now that it has completed it's recent dry dock. Skip to 13:54 where they essentially list of what the changes are if you don't want the full ship tour. 

Edited by iamphil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I was concerned the Infinity is so old I wouldn't like to sail on her.  However, it seems very nice so changed my opinion to a point.  I'd like to see a video of the cabins in their current state.

Celebrity will continue to Maintain the M and S class ships but it's obvious all the Big money is being spent on the Edge class ships.

I like the Revolutionized Millenium and Summit and I still sail on Infinity and Constellation because I like the less crowded feeling compared to the Edge class ships.

• Like 2

It seems they did the minimum upgrades that are needed to prevent the public spaces from looking shabby. It looks like they removed the white sheers in the Grand Foyer which I always found quite dramatic as it framed that space and contrasted with the glow of the translucent stone staircase. 

I believe that they converted the old FV/UDV's to Sunset Suites. I saw a post on here somewhere to that effect. I don't know if it was a change in name (and price) only or if there was some reconfigurations

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Standard practice, refresh some public spaces and fix what's broken like the hot tubs.  Not a revolution

Have you been on since the drydock?