No air conditioning Grand Princess

organist65

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I recently heard the same from a very reliable source.  🤔

Not a reliable source but 4 Australians we sat with at the MTP luncheon were excited about the Grand coming down to Australia in 2 years.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Not a reliable source but 4 Australians we sat with at the MTP luncheon were excited about the Grand coming down to Australia in 2 years.

I believe that's where Princess sends all their old ships just before selling them. 

5 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I believe that's where Princess sends all their old ships just before selling them. 

If they are selling to P & O Australia.

But, we do not know this for sure. Just a rumor.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

So..following that, the Majestic and Discovery are being sold as Majestic was there this season and Discovery will be there next season? 😂 (Kidding, folks, humor)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

So..following that, the Majestic and Discovery are being sold as Majestic was there this season and Discovery will be there next season? 😂 (Kidding, folks, humor)

All in due time. 

On 2/6/2024 at 6:21 AM, wallyj said:

Glad to hear the A/C is back. I hope because it was not a quick fix, information regarding possible compensation has to been co ordinated with Corporate once fixed, so hopefully you will report back if any compensation is being offered.

Will do. Absolutely nothing so far.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:28 PM, dockman said:

So maintenance got it fixed but captain never acknowledged it or offered any info at all?  Can that be correct?  If so shame on that captain and his exec staff.

Correct

On 2/6/2024 at 1:13 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Glad to hear you got your AC back.  I hope that they gave you all some OBC to make up for it as you certainly deserve it. 

Nothing! Not even an acknowledgement or apology.

On 2/6/2024 at 12:49 PM, coo359a2 said:

The Grand was in Australia last year, homeporting in Melbourne, and is here again now. We cruised on her last March and she was in reasonable shape then. Crown is coming down for our 24/25 season\, and both Crown and Grand will be here in 25/26.

There was a rumor about the Grand transferring to P&O AU. Looking at the Princess schedule though, the Grand is scheduled well into '26. Curiously, the Diamond is off the schedule after August of '25.

Edited by mtnesterz

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Grand was in Australia last year, homeporting in Melbourne, and is here again now. We cruised on her last March and she was in reasonable shape then. Crown is coming down for our 24/25 season\, and both Crown and Grand will be here in 25/26.

Yes I know as we were on the Grand for 5 turn around cruises out of Melbourne last Oct/Nov.  I just thought it interesting to listen to the Australians talking about the Grand coming to home port in Australia.  .  

Edited by coo359a2

7 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

There was a rumor about the Grand transferring to P&O AU. Looking at the Princess schedule though, the Grand is scheduled well into '26. Curiously, the Diamond is off the schedule after August of '25.

A ship being scheduled into the future is no guarantee that it won't be sold before those dates. Princess will simply cancel any bookings that are past the "sell by date". They've done this before. I had a wonderful cruise scheduled on the Pacific Princess that was cancelled due to the ship being sold.

• Thanks 1