Top Chef fans - finale will be on HAL ship

sue1898

The new season of Top Chef starts next month and according to this Food and Wine article:

The cheftestants that make it through to the finale will then hop on a flight to board a Holland America cruise ship for an epic high-seas finale, which includes a surprise visit  from Holland America’s Fresh Fish Program Ambassador, chef Masaharu Morimoto, before having to prepare an eight-course fish-tasting menu for the penultimate episode (no pressure, right?). And, for the final meal, the remaining chefs are tasked with the “best four-course meal of their lives” to take home the $250,000, along with our favorite prize, a feature in Food & Wine and an appearance at the 41st annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.  
Full article is here https://www.foodandwine.com/top-chef-season-21-introduction-8559965

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks for posting this -- I was wondering if it had already been shot. I also love Top Chef. 

Reading the cc article implies that it has already been filmed (Eurodam November 2023).

I wonder was that an overnight in Curacao and they got it all in one attempt.

@cruisemom42 Please don't misunderstand my quoting of your post.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sue1898 said:

The new season of Top Chef starts next month and according to this Food and Wine article:

The cheftestants that make it through to the finale will then hop on a flight to board a Holland America cruise ship for an epic high-seas finale, which includes a surprise visit  from Holland America’s Fresh Fish Program Ambassador, chef Masaharu Morimoto

Uh oh.  Did you just blow the surprise?   🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2024 at 11:41 AM, VMax1700 said:

Reading the cc article implies that it has already been filmed (Eurodam November 2023).

I wonder was that an overnight in Curacao and they got it all in one attempt.

@cruisemom42 Please don't misunderstand my quoting of your post.

Was on that cruise. It was not an overnight in Curacao, but it was a late night departure. Production crew was onboard throughout the 10 day cruise, worked out of the Hudson Room and an adjacent meeting room. They couldn't say what was being filmed. I didn't see the filming, probably keep that non-public.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We were on this cruise. Lots of filming on board.must have been 100-150 on board to shoot the finale… including Emeril Lagasse. Sat next to him numerous evenings in Tamarind…

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Got the email from HAL today.

Screenshot2024-06-08at10_44_21AM.thumb.jpeg.6230c9eb4624549c1be71f9811868f2a.jpeg

Looks like I don't get Bravo on my TV listings, but it seems to be on the Food Network too.,  I looked on the 12th and the Top Chef is called "Set Sail" and it says "new", so I hope that's it.  Eurodam is our favourite, or maybe a close runner-up to Nieuw Statendam now.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Got the email from HAL today.

Screenshot2024-06-08at10_44_21AM.thumb.jpeg.6230c9eb4624549c1be71f9811868f2a.jpeg

Looks like I don't get Bravo on my TV listings, but it seems to be on the Food Network too.,  I looked on the 12th and the Top Chef is called "Set Sail" and it says "new", so I hope that's it.  Eurodam is our favourite, or maybe a close runner-up to Nieuw Statendam now.

That is it. In Canada we watch it on The Food Network.