How much are taxes and port fees?

28 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

How much are taxes and port fees? I was doing a few mock bookings and I couldn't view them unless I put names in and went to the final page.

Thanks in advance!

You can see the Taxes and Port Fees when you first pull up the list of cruises.  it is in the lower right hand corner in fine print.  

It's been a bit annoying since they removed that line item from the price breakdown page.

image.png.dae4befb1eae62b9cfa8fe8a9da67240.png

• Thanks 2

On the booking page on the right side click on VIEW PRICE BREAKDOWN and then a new menu will appear with all of the the breakdown of the fare, taxes and free at sea gratuities 

We didn't notice the fine print on the bottom that is pointed out, so when we booked we were already booking at a bit of a price increase from the day before when we looked, then to find that added on at the very end was a little extra blow.  Why "hide" it with the fine print when everything else appeared to be on that total booking page?

It also depends on where you're cruising to for example our 9 day Alaska trip with 6 ports costs just over $400 each in taxes while our 7 day to Mexico with 4 ports comes in at $191 each. Alaska is just more expensive all around than just about anywhere else you'll cruise to. 

7 hours ago, shof515 said:

On the booking page on the right side click on VIEW PRICE BREAKDOWN and then a new menu will appear with all of the the breakdown of the fare, taxes and free at sea gratuities 

6 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

All you have to do is click View Price Breakdown and it shows you everything.

The line item of Taxes and port fees disappeared from that breakdown list months ago (for me, at least).  It no longer shows up in that screen and notes that they are excluded from the sub-total shown. 

Are you seeing something different than those of us who no longer see the T&PF in that screen?

image.thumb.png.85f01ae2d60898e1d233a8b97988e5f3.png

36 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

The line item of Taxes and port fees disappeared from that breakdown list months ago (for me, at least).  It no longer shows up in that screen and notes that they are excluded from the sub-total shown. 

Are you seeing something different than those of us who no longer see the T&PF in that screen?

image.thumb.png.85f01ae2d60898e1d233a8b97988e5f3.png

Here is mine before you put your name just click View Price Breakdown and it shows

Screenshot2024-02-095_09_01PM.thumb.png.64c64737bdbdd6bb67c67326e48d6627.png

Also you can see it on the first page

Screenshot2024-02-095_03_43PM.thumb.png.ef7200bec1f9db3f0af88b44ff8792c3.png

Edited by ready2cruzagain

38 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Here is mine before you put your name just click View Price Breakdown and it shows

That is the issue.  If you click on View Price Breakdown, the T&PF are not included in that breakdown.  I was showing that screen in my post above.   Other items such as Free at Sea Gratuities and the specific room rates for each passenger, but the T&PF do not show...it specifically states it will show those at check out....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

That is the issue.  If you click on View Price Breakdown, the T&PF are not included in that breakdown.  I was showing that screen in my post above.   Other items such as Free at Sea Gratuities and the specific room rates for each passenger, but the T&PF do not show...it specifically states it will show those at check out....

When I click View Price Breakdown it shows it for me

Screenshot2024-02-096_00_31PM.thumb.png.19285ca8be4355c292e4b4e094197bce.png

15 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

When I click View Price Breakdown it shows it for me

That is so strange. We are both on the US site, so you would think both summaries would be structured identically....but, then again, it's NCL's website, I've learned that nothing should surprise me!🤣

16 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

That is so strange. We are both on the US site, so you would think both summaries would be structured identically....but, then again, it's NCL's website, I've learned that nothing should surprise me!🤣

Also in US, the summary showed taxes yesterday morning, but not in the evening.

22 hours ago, CroozeNoob said:

From what I had been quoting around, with the actual tips and everything included, the ending price is almost 2x of what the "advertised" price is.

You can't tell me that other lines don't do the same, they do....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Oh, you wanted the version with an engine?

There were no real engines for most of that time period.  They were essentially cancelled from 1972 - 1985.  Thank God for electronic fuel injection.

• Like 1

It is annoying, and difficult to do mock bookings this way.  I've started looking at NCL to see better details about which ones I'm interested in, then going to expedia to do the pricing so I see the accurate amount.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 7:13 PM, CroozeNoob said:

From what I had been quoting around, with the actual tips and everything included, the ending price is almost 2x of what the "advertised" price is.

The only reason therefore is that most people don`t understand what the advertised price does include.

It is the price for a cruise.

It never says anywhere that internet,beverages or whatever additional stuff is included in that price.

Tips might be the only thing on top what you actually have to pay. All other stuff which costs extra you don`t have to take.

9 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

The only reason therefore is that most people don`t understand what the advertised price does include.

It is the price for a cruise.

It never says anywhere that internet,beverages or whatever additional stuff is included in that price.

Tips might be the only thing on top what you actually have to pay. All other stuff which costs extra you don`t have to take.

Well, you do have to takes the taxes and port fees, and the dsc as well. That advertised price included the drink package, which you don't have to take the forced gratuity on... but they advertise the drink package as included. However, there was a forced $400 charge to us.

42 minutes ago, CroozeNoob said:

Well, you do have to takes the taxes and port fees, and the dsc as well. That advertised price included the drink package, which you don't have to take the forced gratuity on... but they advertise the drink package as included. However, there was a forced $400 charge to us.

It is not forced in the sense that you do not have to take the "free" drink package with the tips as if you bought all the drinks being charged. I know we did not on our Prima cruise this past summer.

1 hour ago, CroozeNoob said:

I see that NCL handles it totally different on the german market(most likely because they have to)

First i didn`t know that the port taxes and fees are on top. in Europe this is not allowed or has to be mentioned very clearly directly under the advertised price.

And secondly at least in germany the free drink package is indeed free.We don`t have to pay any additional gratuity.

So the difference between advertised price and actual final price is indeed extremely high.

My original posting was based on my experiences but the US market is totally different. I will take this into consideration before posting in the future.