Order off MDR menus in Blu?!

Will be on the Ascent in two days, a long time coming!  I’m pretty sure I can order off any MDR menu regardless of which MDR I’m in, but can I order the same way in Blu? 
Thank you in advance!

generally no as the kitchens are not close to each other. 

There are the classics in Blu for "selective" eaters  - Plain chicken, steak or salmon.  

Just now, Ensign Pulver said:

Will be on the Ascent in two days, a long time coming!  I’m pretty sure I can order off any MDR menu regardless of which MDR I’m in, but can I order the same way in Blu? 
Thank you in advance!

On Ascent now in BLU and you can order off of the 'classic menu' from MDR items which includes certain appetizers and entrees any time.  The waiter will  tell you what those are if you are unfamiliar.  It appears that they do try to 'keep it low key' (quite a bit on our cruise as a lot of savvy experienced cruisers, however) and some newer waitstaff will say 'they have to ask the manager.'  The best approach, on embarkation, just ask for the the 'classic menu' alternatives for breakfast and dinner.

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What’s the benefit to be in Blu if you don’t like the food?

Agreed, doesn't seem fair to other cruisers to tie up the waiters or someone who has to run all over the ship to get some different food.  

I sort of understand if it was coming out of the same kitchen...

Edited by PTC DAWG

22 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agreed, doesn't seem fair to other cruisers to tie up the waiters or someone who has to run all over the ship to get some different food.  

I sort of understand if it was coming out of the same kitchen...

I should have said Aqua.

I don’t understand people who say, “I’m so excited.  I booked Aqua.  I hate Blu and I never use the Spa.  And I hate the cabin location.  But I got to pay more for my cabin!”

• Haha 2

We only book Aqua now. Love Blu and they prepared a special Indian banquet for us when we said we liked Indian food. This was on S class. Just need to select a cabin not under the pool. The spa was good. Just need to do the research and plan. Suits me of others don't like it. On our cruise it's the only Sold Out category. Must be a lot of silly people on our cruise 😏 Don't see the problem. 

Edited by Pushka

We were in Blu on Beyond and near the end of the cruise we asked for filet mignon when it was not on the menu and they arranged it. So I think they do their best to try and accommodate

4 minutes ago, DLWood said:

We were in Blu on Beyond and near the end of the cruise we asked for filet mignon when it was not on the menu and they arranged it. So I think they do their best to try and accommodate

On the Beyond, we asked if we could order from the MDR in Blu.  We asked the Manager and then the Assistant Manager and the answer was NO.  So we just went to one of the MDRs.  We had a great meal with excellent service.  

When I was in BLU last March on the Constellation they handed us both the BLU and the MDR menus without even asking when we were seated.

No problem ordering from either menu. Also the food for both came promptly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banjo said:

When I was in BLU last March on the Constellation they handed us both the BLU and the MDR menus without even asking when we were seated.

No problem ordering from either menu. Also the food for both came promptly.

Constellation is an M-class ship, not an E-class ship.

Interesting! I am also on the Ascent now, in Aqua, so we have Blu, and our waiter said that we are perfectly fine ordering off the MDR menus if we so desire!

Edited by DingoMom

17 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

Interesting! I am also on the Ascent now, in Aqua, so we have Blu, and our waiter said that we are perfectly fine ordering off the MDR menus if we so desire!

I suspect that staffing issues may play a factor.  On the Beyond, they appeared to be short of staff in Blu.  That may be the reason why we were not able to order off the MDR except for the Classic menu i.e. cocktail shrimp, French onion soup, salmon, sirloin steak, chicken, etc.  

On 2/9/2024 at 3:45 PM, zitsky said:

I should have said Aqua.

I don’t understand people who say, “I’m so excited.  I booked Aqua.  I hate Blu and I never use the Spa.  And I hate the cabin location.  But I got to pay more for my cabin!”

We love Aqua for Blu!  Our food choices have always been good.  MDR menu also available, at least on the M class ships.  The atmosphere seems quieter than the MDR. 

10 minutes ago, jmfdr said:

We love Aqua for Blu!  Our food choices have always been good.  MDR menu also available, at least on the M class ships.  The atmosphere seems quieter than the MDR. 

If you don’t mind me asking, could you tell me some of the items from the MDR menu that you ordered in Blu, and you liked?

• Haha 1

Like most mainstream cruise lines, Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.  This causes problems when people try to extrapolate a fleet wide policy based on the experience of people on one or two sailings of one or two ships.

in short, maybe yes, maybe no.