Hotel Fort Lauderdale

LindsayC

I'm searching for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale with an airport and a cruise port shuttle.

Just a basic hotel for a 1 night pre cruise. We will arrive late at the airport so we wont need a great hotel just one with a good shuttle from the airport and to the port.

Look on the Florida Departure board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

If you look around on that board, there are dozens of threads on hotels. There is also a frequent reference to a website, visitlauderdale.com, that lists all their amenities, like shuttles. 

There are many hotels that have for fee shuttles to the port. 

• Like 1

If you stay near the cruise port or FLL, a cab will be cheap to the port.  It's a hop skip.  We stayed at Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale South and Cruise Port.  When you walk in the door there is a kiosk to sign up for the shuttle.  I can't remember the price, but it was about the same as a cab.  We liked the area and have stayed there twice now.  There is good food within a block or two.  

• Like 3

Don't know whether they shuttle to the cruise terminal, but I can highly recommend the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Don't be put off by the Holiday Inn branding; the pool area is an oasis with a large covered deck served by the restaurant.  It is a gem that would otherwise be skipped over.

Stayed there 1 night last year, and won't look elsewhere if we have another overnight need in the area in the future.

One night pre-cruise try Hyatt Place. Book with ValueTrips or directly as a member online for good rates. They have a shuttle from FLL and does have a shuttle to PE but quick and cheaper to take a taxi.

7 hours ago, LindsayC said:

I'm searching for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale with an airport and a cruise port shuttle.

Just a basic hotel for a 1 night pre cruise. We will arrive late at the airport so we wont need a great hotel just one with a good shuttle from the airport and to the port.

Be careful of the “late” airport to hotel shuttle.   Many hotel shuttles do not run late at night. Call the hotel and ask if your time would work.  Have a great cruise.   

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

uber is cheaper than the shuttles which charge per person and shlep u around the port with lots of luggage and stops

Depends on the hotel. Some hotels, like the Embassy Suites organize their shuttles by ship and terminal, so you minimize the stops...possibly only at the ship you need...and stops.

We stayed last week in the Tru Downtown Ft Lauderdale. Hotel was clean and nice. Price was about $220.  No Airport shuttle but they do have a private cruise shuttle for $15 pp that runs ob the hour.  We took a Uber from hotel to the 17th street area the night before. Ate at Outback and walked Total Wine for wine to take on the cruise and took the Uber back.  Uber was about $15 each way. I liked it better than the Airport hotels.  

22 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

If you stay near the cruise port or FLL, a cab will be cheap to the port.  It's a hop skip.  We stayed at Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale South and Cruise Port.  When you walk in the door there is a kiosk to sign up for the shuttle.  I can't remember the price, but it was about the same as a cab.  We liked the area and have stayed there twice now.  There is good food within a block or two.  

I’m staying here tomorrow.  Can you tell me if I have to call for their shuttle, or are they continually making the loop from the hotel? Long wait? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

I’m staying here tomorrow.  Can you tell me if I have to call for their shuttle, or are they continually making the loop from the hotel? Long wait? Thanks.

As Jonesy said, there is a sign-up kiosk in the lobby.  The shuttle runs on a published schedule and you need to reserve (and pay) for a spot.  Do it as soon as you arrive at the hotel to avoid disappointment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

Sorry, I meant from the airport to the hotel.

They had a free airport shuttle when we were there last in November.  Call them when you arrive, and they will tell you where to meet them.  There is a shuttle bus area to the left and right out of baggage claim.  They come about every 20-30 minutes if I recall and there is a covered area at the pick up.  Great food at Padrinos about a block away.  Find it on google maps.

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 1

Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port. Free breakfast. Free airport pick up. Large clean rooms. Good customer service. Walk to Dania Pointe Mall with lots of Restaurants and stores. We uber to port.

• Like 2