Online Check In - don't want to give CC info for Shoreside Purchases

1 hour ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

I uninstalled the new app and am sticking with the old app until my cruise is done. I do not have to enter that information.  

You should go back to the old app if you can.  

I don't have the old app. We booked our cruises after it was released. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Pick up your medallion at the.pier.

I prefer to have my Medallion and go through the Green Line at the pier. 

1.  Use your credit card for both (ship/shore), order your medallion, remove card for shore. You will still be green but steps 6/7 steps completed.

2.  Use your primary card for ship.  I then found a rebate debit card with a few dollars left on it and used those numbers (Visa) for shoreline.  It worked.  

3. Yes...it is stupid to have it as a default and you can't decline.

Good luck in ordering your medallion and getting free shipping.  That's a whole other can of worms.

• Like 3

We paid through our TA and completed our forms on the website Personalizer and didn’t have to provide any information for shoreside purchases.  For our last couple of cruises we have preferred to pick up our Medallions at the port.

Shoreside needs to be optional. There seems to be something very intrusive and perhaps borderline not legal about requiring credit card information for a 3rd party company in order to purchase a vacation from Princess cruises. Perhaps reporting to the proper CA gov't department would be in order. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, skynight said:

Shoreside needs to be optional. There seems to be something very intrusive and perhaps borderline not legal about requiring credit card information for a 3rd party company in order to purchase a vacation from Princess cruises. Perhaps reporting to the proper CA gov't department would be in order. 

it is optional ? if you do not want to add your card then you pick up your medallion at the port ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

I uninstalled the new app and am sticking with the old app until my cruise is done. I do not have to enter that information.  

You should go back to the old app if you can.  

I though Princess was going to remove the old app? 

11 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I don't have the old app. We booked our cruises after it was released. 

I prefer to have my Medallion and go through the Green Line at the pier. 

As I mentioned earlier, drop the new app, go back to the "old" app and you are back in the green lane without providing a cc for Shoreside. 

I spoke with an American at Princess, after about 6 transfers, who confirmed they know there is a glitch with it.  That is what they told me to do. They said the new app has bugs that still need to be worked out. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

As I mentioned earlier, drop the new app, go back to the "old" app and you are back in the green lane without providing a cc for Shoreside. 

I spoke with an American at Princess, after about 6 transfers, who confirmed they know there is a glitch with it.  That is what they told me to do. They said the new app has bugs that still need to be worked out. 

It took 4 years to get the old app up and functioning adequately (never100%).  Sorry, no confidence that this new app will ever be glitch free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

That's a very serious implimentation and  QA failure if it is a bug/glitch of a  feature was not supposed to be there or optional by design.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

Sounds par for the course for Princess.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

The old app was supposed to be terminated on February 1st.

I see it in the app store. I have an iPhone. 

The rep I spoke to about the Spa services not being available told me to book them on the new app and use the old app for everything else.  There are no spa services in the new app. Seems none of them are aware of what they offer, what works, etc. 

19 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I am using the new Princess App (UGH!) and it won't let me complete Payment Information without adding Credit Card information for Shoreside Purchases. Is there a workaround? If not, who can I call at Princess to help with this? 

I did not complete that section.  Our cruise is on the Sun March 9.  I was in the green lane but with the new app and not filling in the credit card info for seaside it shows me 6 out of 7. BUT, if you look on you travel summary you are good to go and in the green lane.  I would not worry about.  You cannot be forced to put in your credit information to a random company to keep on file.  It is not even available in Europe on our cruise.  No worries.

The old app is still available to download, at least from the Google Play Store. I don't know about iPhone. I have held onto the old app. When you open it now (assuming you have updated to the last version) it says something to the effect that it can be used through "early 2024"...no specific date. At that screen you can "continue" on to use it.