Can't get Personalizer to accept credit card number

pompeii

I'm trying to pay for a bottled water package on my cruise personalizer with a credit card.  I enter all the information and when I hit submit payment, the credit card number highlights in blue and nothing else happens.  The payment does not submit.  I tried on the app as well, and it highlights the cc number and gives a message "fill out this field."   It doesn't seem to recognize that I have filled out the field.  My husband and I have tried it with four different cards and it doesn't work.  And yes, I've checked and double checked the information.   I've tried live chat and calling Princess but haven't gotten anywhere although they finally promised to escalate it.  Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to fix it?                                                                             

@pompeii

I would try  the following:

1) Try a different browser

2) You did not specify what device you are using...try a different device

3) Try a different card (if possible)

And, of course it may just be another system glitch that has cropped up.  Give it a couple of days...

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@pompeii

I would try  the following:

1) Try a different browser

2) You did not specify what device you are using...try a different device

3) Try a different card (if possible)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Like I said, we've tried four different cards...three credit and one debit.  I've tried on the app and on my desktop and also on princess.com from my phone.  None work.

Edited by pompeii

1 minute ago, pompeii said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  Like I said, we've tried four different cards...three credit and one debit.  I've tried on the app and on my desktop.  None work.

Ah...sorry!  I missed the fact that you had already tried different cards.

• Like 1

We had the same problem that I could not get the card to be recognized when I tried to book specialty dinning. This is the second time it has happened to us. It was only my wife's card that would work. You could try having your husband try to bottled water. I think that only the person who is on file as the prime card holder can book using the app. 

2 minutes ago, cruisepest said:

We had the same problem that I could not get the card to be recognized when I tried to book specialty dinning. This is the second time it has happened to us. It was only my wife's card that would work. You could try having your husband try to bottled water. I think that only the person who is on file as the prime card holder can book using the app. 

Thanks.  We've tried logged into my account with my cc number and logged into my husband's account with his cc number.  Nada.  We haven't tried with him logged into the app, but the app takes you back to the personalizer for the bottled water so I don't think that will work either.  

I've had consistent issues with payments on both the Princess and HAL sites for over a year when trying to process payment and using the Chrome browser on my PC.  Switching to Safari on my iPad works every time.  If your smart phone is an android and pc is using chrome try a different browser on your pc maybe

• Like 1

Princess has apparently made some change that has adversely affected credit card processing.  Too many people have posted that they are having problems for it to be "user side" errors.  They need to get their act together (on SO MANY different levels and topics) because *surely* they realize they are turning away MONEY!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I've had consistent issues with payments on both the Princess and HAL sites for over a year when trying to process payment and using the Chrome browser on my PC.  Switching to Safari on my iPad works every time.  If your smart phone is an android and pc is using chrome try a different browser on your pc maybe

I'm using an iphone with safari and have tried Google, Yahoo, and DuckDuckGo as my browsers.  They all do the same thing.  I also logged into my husband's app and tried to pay through it.  I haven't tried using PayPal instead of a credit card mainly because I want to get the credit card glitch fixed.  Our cruise isn't until July so I can be patient.  

I  had the exact same problem this morning, thought I would try again later...grrrrrrrrr

If not like Eddy suggestion will phone my princess planner she can deal with it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Call Princess and order your water directly from them and use your card (verbally).

Make them figure it out, it is their problem.

Yes, that would purchase the water but would let them off the hook by not solving the actual issue. That’s why I escalated it…to make them figure it out. 

My question isn’t how to pay for the water, I know I can call in and do that. It’s if others have had or are having credit card problems on the personalizer and if you were able to resolve them. 

Edited by pompeii

What the?! I am also trying to make a credit card payment today on shore excursions and the payment screen doesn't even come up in my Personalizer. It puts the shorex's in my cart, then I click Pay Now and nothing happens. Is Princess trying to make me never cruise with them again? I don't have time for this. How is their credit card payment system having issues? 

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

I'm using an iphone with safari and have tried Google, Yahoo, and DuckDuckGo as my browsers.  They all do the same thing.  I also logged into my husband's app and tried to pay through it.  I haven't tried using PayPal instead of a credit card mainly because I want to get the credit card glitch fixed.  Our cruise isn't until July so I can be patient.  

Google, Yahoo, and DuckDuckGo are not browsers. They are search engines. Safari is a browser. Firefox is a browser. Chrome is a browser. If you are using Safari every time you are only using one browser. Clear the cache and cookies on your browser. Try a different browser.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Google, Yahoo, and DuckDuckGo are not browsers. They are search engines. Safari is a browser. Firefox is a browser. Chrome is a browser. If you are using Safari every time you are only using one browser. Clear the cache and cookies on your browser. Try a different browser.

I tried two other browsers, no difference 😞

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I’ve tried Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.  Judging from other’s comments, I think the problem might just be with Princess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

What the?! I am also trying to make a credit card payment today on shore excursions and the payment screen doesn't even come up in my Personalizer. It puts the shorex's in my cart, then I click Pay Now and nothing happens. Is Princess trying to make me never cruise with them again? I don't have time for this. How is their credit card payment system having issues? 

Me too!  It’s not just you!

Edited by LyssaWorthy
It worked on husband’s app!
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I had this problem yesterday.  I tried paying on the app and the website and I also had the same happen.  I called and they took my payment info over the phone.  It is frustrating hat they have so many web issues. 

9 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Looks like the shore excursions payment screen is fixed as well. I don't think I'm going to mess with it. 

Just curious...did the excursion you were looking at increase in price?  One that I was watching went up by $40 yesterday from the day before, and on fb some people are complaining that their excursions went up during the time they were unable to pay.  Kinda wondering if the credit card "pause" and rising excursion costs are related...?

• Like 1

Yes we are on an Alaska cruise and they have been playing with our shore excursion prices since the beginning of the year. The prices shot up, then went down for a "Alaska Shore Excursions Sale", then shot up again, and yesterday went down again for yet another "Alaska Shore Excursions Sale" LOL.

I was trying to cancel and rebook at the lower prices (they went down from when I booked with the first "Sale" prices). It had worked for me before but yesterday was a mess and nothing was working right. I would love to get the lower prices but I'm not touching it after that. Princess is definitely raising shore excursion prices across the board though.