Best room for 3 adults?

Monica887

3 adults - 1 couple, and one single. Single wants private sleeping space, but not the teeny tiny kids size space. Haven preferred. Does this exist? Haven prices are silly for a single to have their own room. 

5 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

3 adults - 1 couple, and one single. Single wants private sleeping space, but not the teeny tiny kids size space. Haven preferred. Does this exist? Haven prices are silly for a single to have their own room. 

We've done the 2-bedrooms and the second bedroom on most ships is small, but definitely doable.

We are on the Viva next weekend and our third person is looking forward to a regular bed.

We also did a DOS (no balcony) on the Dawn that had a second bedroom. It was probably the cheapest cabin we ever had (we only do Haven or suites if Haven isn't available).

Do some digging -- I think some of the forward-facing penthouses and maybe some of the afts have a second bedroom, but I could be wrong about that. We prefer staying in the Haven proper.

• Like 1

A friend and I have done the 2BR Haven on the Joy, the BA and the Epic.  She always has the small BR and has loved it.  (I get the deals through CAS and have a higher status, so I get the big BR.  😂).   While I don’t have personal experience with the bed in that room, and it is smaller, she’s never complained and has stated that she loves her little space all to herself.   You can always ask for a mattress topper if needed.  

I wouldn’t hesitate to do one of those cabins for three adults.  Loved them all.  And the price difference between it for three and a separate cabin for the solo is a non-starter.  At least for me.  

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Ship?

All of them 😂

The current one we're looking at is Dawn, but this is an ongoing question. They were previously just getting 2 regular balcony rooms, but now prefer Haven and trying to figure out the best way to make it work without paying 15k for one person. 

3 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

All of them 😂

The current one we're looking at is Dawn, but this is an ongoing question. They were previously just getting 2 regular balcony rooms, but now prefer Haven and trying to figure out the best way to make it work without paying 15k for one person. 

There is definitely a difference in the ships.  I’ve never been on it, but the Dawn does not have a Haven.  On that ship I would opt for two balconies as opposed to a suite, but that’s just me.

15 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Because they now prefer Haven for all the other amenities. 

Look at the four forward-facing DOS on the Dawn -- deck 12. Two of them are 2-bedroom, two of them have one bedroom. There is no balcony, but we got a great deal on it when we sailed.

16 hours ago, Monica887 said:

All of them 😂

Look closer - the Dawn doesn't have a Haven. So if that is a true priority for you guys, you need to learn the ships first and see which ones even have a Haven area on them to begin with.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/ships/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

Look at the Jewel class, Breakaway, Breakaway Plus, Prima, and Prima Plus categories.

Not for nothing, but if the single wants a private space and is tagging along with the couple at a steep discount (vs paying solo rates in a Haven room alone) they really don't get to complain about the room when the options for a 2br are slim. Prima & Prima Plus categories have 'true' 2br cabins where they're equal in size (vs the "kid" room you referred to), but the tradeoff is a miniscule living room. If you can afford a 3br villa, those are where it's at - but then your single person isn't getting a discount.

We'll be on Epic in a week with 4 adults in the 2br Haven room, with 2 of those adults in the "kid" room. They know it's on the small side, but they get to join us on a trip in the Haven (was sold out when they were able to book on their own) and plan on using the room for S/S/S mainly. We also didn't split the cost 50/50 as to us that wasn't fair since the bedrooms weren't even. So it all depends on what is important to you guys, what your expectations are, how fair everyone is willing to be.

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Look closer - the Dawn doesn't have a Haven. So if that is a true priority for you guys, you need to learn the ships first and see which ones even have a Haven area on them to begin with.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/ships/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

Look at the Jewel class, Breakaway, Breakaway Plus, Prima, and Prima Plus categories.

Not for nothing, but if the single wants a private space and is tagging along with the couple at a steep discount (vs paying solo rates in a Haven room alone) they really don't get to complain about the room when the options for a 2br are slim. Prima & Prima Plus categories have 'true' 2br cabins where they're equal in size (vs the "kid" room you referred to), but the tradeoff is a miniscule living room. If you can afford a 3br villa, those are where it's at - but then your single person isn't getting a discount.

We'll be on Epic in a week with 4 adults in the 2br Haven room, with 2 of those adults in the "kid" room. They know it's on the small side, but they get to join us on a trip in the Haven (was sold out when they were able to book on their own) and plan on using the room for S/S/S mainly. We also didn't split the cost 50/50 as to us that wasn't fair since the bedrooms weren't even. So it all depends on what is important to you guys, what your expectations are, how fair everyone is willing to be.

The single is not "tagging along." It an unmarried senior citizen and a senior couple. They travel together, and it's expensive for a single to travel. It's disproportional, even if you can technically afford it. 

17 hours ago, LloydJr said:

🤣  I think you forgot "shaving." S/S/S/S

Is the single kicking in a full share or freeloading?  That would drive my recommendation.

Beat me to it for the extra 'S' unless they are too old.

I know the OP stated the 3rd person did not want the tine 2nd bedroom but my SIL has cruised with us in the 2nd bedroom and had no problem, infact she loved it...she had her own bathroom and the bed was large enough for her.  We did request a mattress topper for her.  She enjoyed having the Haven and suite perks.  

Same here.  My sister cruises with us, and we always book a 2-bedroom in the Haven.  She’s great about taking the 2nd bedroom, even though she’s paying 1/3 the cost.  Likes having her own bathroom.  Definitely ask for an eggcrate topper for the pullout couch.  It’s always needed.  

But we’re on the Prima in November, and she’s looking forward to having a real bed!

Jim and I have slept in the “tiny room” several times, when we’ve given the master bedroom to guests.  We liked it.  

8 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Recommend inside family cabin suite in the NCL Joy.

Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a shared suite room.

image.thumb.png.78cfc02f1ecd16cd9aa757e4f2e42d55.png

There are two problems with this.  First, as nice as these rooms are, they are not Haven cabins.  Second, they have no real balcony, if that’s important to OP.