Move Up - Retreat Lounge

5onadime

I have done a search .....can't find what I am looking for now--but I know I have read the answer before--But I can't remember the answer 🙂

We have purchased the zero proof drink package for an upcoming cruise on the Millennium.( we don't drink alcohol)

If we win a Move Up bid do we have access to the Retreat Lounge?  I am wondering if I can step into the lounge and grab a Diet Coke on my way to breakfast.   In other words, Could I cancel my Zero Proof package?

I literally received a Move Up email moments ago and was coming here looking for the answer to a question of my own. Here's what my email says:

We're excited to let you know that you may be eligible for a stateroom upgrade on your upcoming Celebrity Apex cruise.

When you book one of our extraordinary suites, you get access to The Retreat®, which has a private restaurant, an exclusive lounge that rivals any high-end resort, personalized butler service, a dedicated concierge, and much more

Edited by PH2

9 minutes ago, Filmel457 said:

The answer to your question is yes.  The Retreat lounge has “grab and go” coolers that are stocked with sodas, sparkling waters, still waters and beer.  These are available 24/7. 

Thank You!

7 minutes ago, PH2 said:

I have a Move Up question related to the Retreat... I have a Concierge Class cabin for an upcoming Apex cruise. I received a Move Up bid offer this afternoon, and the minimum bids for every Retreat cabin, if I double the per person rate and add it to what I've already paid for my cabin, are basically the exact same cost, or at best, maybe a couple hundred dollars better, than if I just booked those cabins straight away without going through the bidding process.

Is that the way these are usually priced? Doing a quick fake booking, I counted 30 open Sky Suites, yet the lowest bid I can put in to "move up" would essentially cost me the same as a full price booking for that suite? Why would I do that? Regret that I didn't pull the trigger when I originally booked?

That happens and in that case you are better off to just upgrade with out going through the Move Up Process.  If you just upgrade you get the Premium Beverage package, Premium wi-fi and the Captains Club points for the Suite.  With Move Up you do not get the beverage package, wi-fi or extra points and you can select your cabin vs having one assigned.

7 minutes ago, PH2 said:

I have a Move Up question related to the Retreat... I have a Concierge Class cabin for an upcoming Apex cruise. I received a Move Up bid offer this afternoon, and the minimum bids for every Retreat cabin, if I double the per person rate and add it to what I've already paid for my cabin, are basically the exact same cost, or at best, maybe a couple hundred dollars better, than if I just booked those cabins straight away without going through the bidding process.

Is that the way these are usually priced? Doing a quick fake booking, I counted 30 open Sky Suites, yet the lowest bid I can put in to "move up" would essentially cost me the same as a full price booking for that suite? Why would I do that? Regret that I didn't pull the trigger when I originally booked?

That is not uncommon and none of us know the logarithm that is used.     I have seen cases were the price was much higher then if you purchased it on line and I've seen it substantially lower.

To your question -  In the past in a situation like that I would just have my agent upgrade my room on a purchased basis.    After the new perk program if you were to purchase it you may loose your original OBC and potentially perks.   You need to call you agent to see

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That happens and in that case you are better off to just upgrade with out going through the Move Up Process.  If you just upgrade you get the Premium Beverage package, Premium wi-fi and the Captains Club points for the Suite.  With Move Up you do not get the beverage package, wi-fi or extra points and you can select your cabin vs having one assigned.

Thanks, that's a good point. I chose to book "cheap" for this one (it's just a 4 day cruise as part of a larger vacation), and I wanted to see if we could tolerate the IV for 4 days which would tell me whether we'll sail Edge class in the future (Retreat is pricing us out at the moment), but I thought maybe we could sneak into the Retreat on a bit of a bargain if everything went right. But the minimum bid is way too high. I probably overshot the cost, because i looked at the final price which would include the port fees again, but without the beverage package, wifi, and points, it's an even worse deal to move up taking it all into account!

We'll probably just stick with IV and see how much we hate it, lol. Do they ever revise their Move Up pricing? 30 open suites seems like a lot.

Edited by PH2

MoveUp is offered to all categories.  Many people MoveUp from Inside to Balcony or Balcony to Aqua or any other combination.   Your booked category will limit what's offered to you.  Inside I don't think is offered Suite.   Balcony may only be offered Sky Suite, no upper suites.   I don't know the complete rules and they may vary sailing to sailing.

5 hours ago, 5onadime said:

If we win a Move Up bid do we have access to the Retreat Lounge?  I am wondering if I can step into the lounge and grab a Diet Coke on my way to breakfast.   In other words, Could I cancel my Zero Proof package?

As other have said, you can go to the Retreat Lounge, it's open 24/7, and grab water or soda at any time.  If you want to get a soda at any other venue, e.g. theater, pool, suite sun deck, Luminae, etc., then I would recommend you keep your Zero Proof package as with Move Up your drinks are only free in the Retreat Lounge. 

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

MoveUp is offered to all categories.  Many people MoveUp from Inside to Balcony or Balcony to Aqua or any other combination.   Your booked category will limit what's offered to you.  Inside I don't think is offered Suite.   Balcony may only be offered Sky Suite, no upper suites.   I don't know the complete rules and they may vary sailing to sailing.

I am booked in a  balcony and the upper suites are on my MoveUp  email offer - Royal Suite, Celebrity Suite and so on.