Australian Visa...

We're arriving in Sydney on March 10th.  We have applied for and been approved for our Visa for Australia, but it lives on the app, and I'm concerned when we get to the airport in Sydney that I won't be able to access it without internet access.  Can someone clue me in on how this is supposed to work?  New Zealand was easier because we got an e-mail confirmation we can print.  

I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but those of you who have done this before, please put my mind at ease....Thanks!

30 minutes ago, birdofsong said:

We're arriving in Sydney on March 10th.  We have applied for and been approved for our Visa for Australia, but it lives on the app, and I'm concerned when we get to the airport in Sydney that I won't be able to access it without internet access.  Can someone clue me in on how this is supposed to work?  New Zealand was easier because we got an e-mail confirmation we can print.  

I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but those of you who have done this before, please put my mind at ease....Thanks!

Can you take a screenshot and print it out to be on safe side?

8 minutes ago, birdofsong said:

I tried. The app won't let you take screen shots.  😞

Oh! I thought you could take screen shots of everything on your phone??? So can you take a photo of the screen from another phone and save it in photos as back up????

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Oh! I thought you could take screen shots of everything on your phone??? So can you take a photo of the screen from another phone and save it in photos as back up????

I thought so, too, until I tried to do it on this app.  It actually says, "This app does not allow screenshots," when you try.  But I can use my husband's phone to take a pic, and vice versa.  I'm hoping they can just look up my passport, which is the document I used in support of my visa, so it's in their system.

Edited by birdofsong
  • Like 2

Just now, birdofsong said:

I thought so, too, until I tried to do it on this app.  It actually says, "This app does not allow screenshots."  But I can use my husband's phone to take a pic, and vice versa.  I'm hoping they can just look up my passport, which is the document I used in support of my visa, so it's in their system.

That’s what I would do, take a photo with other phone. As you say it should be showing in the system anyway.

what cruise are you ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That’s what I would do, take a photo with other phone. As you say it should be showing in the system anyway.

what cruise are you ?

We're on the Ovation on 3/12. So excited!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, birdofsong said:

A ETA is a electronically stored authority equivalent to a visa which is linked to a passport number . When Border Force scans your passport they can  see it . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

A ETA is a electronically stored authority equivalent to a visa which is linked to a passport number . When Border Force scans your passport they can  see it . 

Correct.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, birdofsong said:

You should have received an email from eta.contact@ivisa.com.au with an attachment showing that your application was granted.  I printed that to have just in case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

You should have received an email from eta.contact@ivisa.com.au with an attachment showing that your application was granted.  I printed that to have just in case.

Thank you!  That was back in early January, and I totally forgot about it. 

The visa is linked to your passport  do not worry  We have been using this system for our returning visa her4e3 for 20 years  no problems  even when changing renewing passports

• Like 1

We are getting ready to book our Australia/New Zealand cruise, and we will have to print anything we need because we do not even have the ability to download apps on our phones. Yes, we are in the minority of the world but we hate cell phones and we don’t know anything like that on our phones.  

6 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

We are getting ready to book our Australia/New Zealand cruise, and we will have to print anything we need because we do not even have the ability to download apps on our phones. Yes, we are in the minority of the world but we hate cell phones and we don’t know anything like that on our phones.  

If you are applying for an ETA (Electonic Travel Authority) to enter Australia, you will need to use an app to do so, either on a phone or iPad. Australian ETA

For the NZeTA, it can be done either through their app or online. NZeTA

On 3/6/2024 at 1:32 AM, jennmaybe said:

The Australian ETA is $20 via the app and for most people takes minutes to receive. To do otherwise you must apply for a 600 visa which costs $190 and can take up to a month to process.

If you don't have a phone or tablet, you can ask a friend or family member to do it for you. You do not have to have your own phone or app to apply for the ETA.

For the technically minded without a phone, you could also download an Android emulator to your PC and obtain the app via that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello

I presume there is no issues getting a Subclass 651 eVisitor to enter AUS / cruise, which is a free Visa, seeing as I'm in the UK and looks like we are eligible to apply for them?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Hello

I presume there is no issues getting a Subclass 651 eVisitor to enter AUS / cruise, which is a free Visa, seeing as I'm in the UK and looks like we are eligible to apply for them?

Thanks.

No, there's no issues as long as you pass all the criteria needed to obtain the visa including the health requirements.

• Like 1