Crown Lounge - Diamond Entrance During Happy Hour

I thought I read that “Diamond” access to Crown Lounge during happy hour is ship by ship as to access for “Diamond” status.

is there a way to see on app if I’m sailing on Symphony of Seas on 3/23/24…or will I see a letter when I get to cabin regarding this.

Wondering if anyone sailing on this ship in last month and would know.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Orange jeep said:

I thought I read that “Diamond” access to Crown Lounge during happy hour is ship by ship as to access for “Diamond” status.

is there a way to see on app if I’m sailing on Symphony of Seas on 3/23/24…or will I see a letter when I get to cabin regarding this.

Thanks

You will get a letter in your stateroom advising you as to who has access for your sailing.

Knowing what happened in the past won't provide any clues, one week it could be closed to Diamonds and the next week open.  It all depends on the number of D+ and Pins sailing and that varies week by week.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Orange jeep said:

Thanks

Yes ahead of your cruise open your app, pull up your cruise and click on the banner that says welcome aboard.  We knew this far in advance harmony was restricting diamond access. When all the information comes up, scroll down and if restricted that's where the information is before your cruise.

Most dont realize it's a link. About 2/3 down above the buttons at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

Destruction from/to the loyalty suites/lounges can be determined as close to sailing as the night before boarding so there’s really no way to know for sure if your sailing will be restricted or not.  On our B2B on Radiance, we were told the last night of our first leg that we would not have access to the Concierge (Suites) lounge for our second due to the number of Pinnacles on the second leg ONLY to be told on boarding day that they had decided to admit all Pinnacles.  So they can “change” their minds at any time to restrict or not restrict loyalty members.  Since ***** rolls downhill, if lower level Pinns are restricted from the SL on any particular sailing, then there’s a good possibility that Diamonds will then be restricted from the Crown/Diamond Lounge.  Luckily it hasn’t happened to us YET but it will, eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

Thanks

We did Symphony Feb 10 cruise.  The Crown Lounge was D+ and P.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eh...don't feel bad.   Pinnacles really never know if they have access to SL or Concierge Lounges any longer either, until we board.  Unless we are in a full suite, which 99% of the time we are.  

Since you still have to use your vouchers even in the Crown Lounge...there is no reason not to use them around the ship in the various lounges as well if you have restricted access.   

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Eh...don't feel bad.   Pinnacles really never know if they have access to SL or Concierge Lounges any longer either, until we board.  Unless we are in a full suite, which 99% of the time we are.  

Since you still have to use your vouchers even in the Crown Lounge...there is no reason not to use them around the ship in the various lounges as well if you have restricted access.   

Full suite ? dos it means there is half ? Partial suites ?

Kinda confuse TIA 

2 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

Kinda confuse TIA 

There are Junior Suites, which do not have many of the suites’ amenities.  Full suite just signifies that it in NOT a JS and has all of the suites’ amenities.   Just a way to differentiate between real suites (full suites) and Junior Suites.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

👍🏼 🙂 And the alternative bars might have a better view. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RFerrington said:

There are Junior Suites, which do not have many of the suites’ amenities.  Full suite just signifies that it in NOT a JS and has all of the suites’ amenities.   Just a way to differentiate between real suites (full suites) and Junior Suites.

LOL....I watched a woman trying to key in her card at the Concierge Lounge one day.  It would not open.  She was furious and started complaining loudly.  I asked if she was in a suite.   YES  she told me loudly "I am in a Junior Suite!!!!".   

I told her she may want to check with GS as to why her card does not work, since I am sure she would not listen to me explain the difference between a JS and a full suite.  

Sheeeez....   🙄

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

Kinda confuse TIA 

Royal Suite Class has three levels (Sea, Sky and Star) on the larger ships (Oasis-, Quantum- and Icon-Class).  Many people refer to Sky and Star Class levels as full suites. Sea Class is Junior Suites with fewer benefits.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

If sailing a suite on an older/smaller Royal ship, you come under the Royal Caribbean Suites Program.  Again, a Junior suite has fewer benefits.  On these ships, there is no Coastal Kitchen suite restaurant.

https://highseascruising.com/royal-caribbean-suite-perks/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Royal Suite Class has three levels (Sea, Sky and Star) on the larger ships (Oasis-, Quantum- and Icon-Class).  Many people refer to Sky and Star Class levels as full suites. Sea Class is Junior Suites with fewer benefits.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

If sailing a suite on an older/smaller Royal ship, you come under the Royal Caribbean Suites Program.  Again, a Junior suite has fewer benefits.  On these ships, there is no Coastal Kitchen suite restaurant.

https://highseascruising.com/royal-caribbean-suite-perks/

Got it thanks 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

What would you call a Junior "suite"?  😉  

Spacious balcony with a tub and double points. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Just wondering. Are D+ differentiated from D on the seapass card to determine entrance to the lounge or are they checking status at the door?  

Bummer. I thought I saved one of our Seapass cards. If memory serves me correct it says Diamond Plus on it. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Bummer. I thought I saved one of our Seapass cards. If memory serves me correct it says Diamond Plus on it. 

Yes, I know that. What I’m wondering if it’s coded in the card to automatically allow access at the door card reader for D+ and deny access to D, or if they’re manually checking cards to see it if reads D or D+ to allow people in. 

Edited by HicksRA

5 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Yes, I know that. What I’m wondering if it’s coded in the card to automatically allow access at the door card reader, or if they’re manually checking cards to see it if reads D or D+ to allow people in. 

I only answer what you asked. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Yes, I know that. What I’m wondering if it’s coded in the card to automatically allow access at the door card reader for D+ and deny access to D, or if they’re manually checking cards to see it if reads D or D+ to allow people in. 

They had a lady stationed outside the door checking from 4:30 pm when diamonds were limited.

Funny my spellcheck changed the word limited to jolted as in they were jolted from the door lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Doesn't really matter whether is coded or not.  Would need a manual check to eliminate tailgaters.