Softening of Prices on Coco Cay: Specific Example

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

On our 3/17 Anthem sailing, the Thrill Waterpark cabanas are only $278 on sale from $399.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 9.39.58 PM.png

Thats amazing, and really illustrates RCL's supply and demand system.  On the 3/31 sailing we reserved ours at 1399, and right now if there were any left, its 1799.

There are 6 of us, so since it includes the waterpack tickets it was worth it to us, but it is just crazy the difference 

image.thumb.png.10acf7abde5af1b8387fd3c28fb93e0e.png

Edited by Neosophy
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Seeing late sale prices for cabanas on my 3/17 Wonder sailing. Another “Diamond & Above” sale.

Thanks for making me realize ive been silly booking on my emerald reservation when my diamond FIL and MIL are going with us and I shoulda been looking on theirs 😞  Live and learn.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neosophy said:

Thanks for making me realize ive been silly booking on my emerald reservation when my diamond FIL and MIL are going with us and I shoulda been looking on theirs 😞  Live and learn.

Those Diamond sales are not common. I've only seen them mentioned a handful of times so don't think you were missing something obvious. But yes, it's good to know for the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Those Diamond sales are not common. I've only seen them mentioned a handful of times so don't think you were missing something obvious. But yes, it's good to know for the future.

I had him log in and he just sees same discounts as me right now.  Would he get an email notification if there was a diamond sale? or do you just have to check the planner?

Just now, Neosophy said:

I had him log in and he just sees same discounts as me right now.  Would he get an email notification if there was a diamond sale? or do you just have to check the planner?

I just notice them randomly and the two I've seen popped up very close to our sailing (inside of 10 days out). They really are not common at all so don't think you're missing anything if you don't see them.

Posted (edited)

They will show a label of Crown and Anchor discount if you are not diamond or above. I assume it's a smaller discount, but cannot confirm. 

Edited by SUgwoz

2 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

On my May 27th sailing the Hide Away Day pass is $74.  I am holding out for that to go down? Or book now and hope for the best? 

image.png.9ee8d1fa377f0d68bd2b4cc2e5082e2e.png

March 31st sailing - It just depends on supply and demand and if they think they will have more adults or kids on board.

All the kids areas are sold out of super high price, hideaway beach is dirt cheap.

Your cruise sounds like more adults.

1 minute ago, Neosophy said:

image.png.9ee8d1fa377f0d68bd2b4cc2e5082e2e.png

March 31st sailing - It just depends on supply and demand and if they think they will have more adults or kids on board.

All the kids areas are sold out of super high price, hideaway beach is dirt cheap.

Your cruise sounds like more adults.

It's an odd cruises.   Prices for Coco Cay are very high.  On the FB page sailing there are quite a few kids going. However, as some folks point out, we here on CC are few compared to the amount of folks actually going.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:04 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Seeing late sale prices for cabanas on my 3/17 Wonder sailing. Another “Diamond & Above” sale.

IMG_1929.thumb.png.1a9eaba5c257174f99f2bd0d16467217.png

I am sailing 3/17 on anthem and the overwater cabana was showing $908 for the Diamond sale

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I am sailing 3/17 on anthem and the overwater cabana was showing $908 for the Diamond sale

Yikes! That's insanely cheap.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yikes! That's insanely cheap.

@OCSC Mike

I have been watching Coco Cay prices for my April cruise out of Baltimore and they are extremely low compared to previous cruises last year. I am estimating the two ships docked that day have about a 7,000 max capacity.

Time of year? Low capacity compared to say an Oasis and Icon which would almost be twice the passenger capacity? Colder water temperatures?

I am trying the Hideaway at $19 per person in April. Next November (non-Thanksgiving cruise) on a larger ship, they want $59 per person (discount applied).

Dynamic pricing, what a concept!

🤔

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:04 AM, OCSC Mike said:

IMG_1929.thumb.png.1a9eaba5c257174f99f2bd0d16467217.png

Meanwhile, for my 6/10 sailing (on Celebrity)...

image.thumb.png.0e590474847075f5369b9bf0f6bbb660.png

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:22 AM, cruisegal40 said:

On my May 27th sailing the Hide Away Day pass is $74.  I am holding out for that to go down? Or book now and hope for the best? 

Seen them in 20ies and booked Utopia for 40.99.

3 hours ago, ssb said:

Seen them in 20ies and booked Utopia for 40.99.

It was $19.99pp more than once for my Wonder cruise leaving tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just saved again on our WaterPark Cabana onboard ICON May 18th.

First pricing including taxes booked 7/31/23....$1648.90

Second pricing including taxes booked 3/18/24....$1318.90

Third pricing including taxes booked 3/22/24...$1054.88

I'll keep watching to cancel and rebook.

I think Coco Cay prices are very high. Plenty of free stuff to do.

I mean if you prepay and then the weather is iffy, well that's money not well spent.

NO need to do the water park since Icon has its own water park now.  

54 minutes ago, jamon said:

Is the food on hideaway beach any different than what you can get by just going to coco cay?

Bottom line, coconut shrimp, ceviche, and some special pizzas. Nice but not earth shattering.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:29 PM, cruisegal40 said:

It's an odd cruises.   Prices for Coco Cay are very high.  On the FB page sailing there are quite a few kids going. However, as some folks point out, we here on CC are few compared to the amount of folks actually going.

$22.99 for our sailing March 31st

On 3/9/2024 at 4:37 AM, C-G said:

Price dropped to $26.99 for coco cay Hideaway Beach Day pass for an upcoming Odyssey cruise. Sale price for same thing for Utopia in October is $54.99!

54.99 is the price for a may symphony cruise i have booked.  i refuse to pay that much 

• Like 2