Posted (edited)

I am sailing on the Celebrity Equinox in February 2025. I did not sign up for any packages that included WiFi.

I am a Elite member and understand I get a 30% discount.

My question is:

Does anyone know if there is free WiFI (iPad, no cell data) in a restaurant or bar in Cayman/George Town or Falmouth/Jamaica at the docking area? 

Thanks

Edited by radioman

2 minutes ago, radioman said:

I am sailing on the Celebrity Equinox in February 2025. I did not sign up for any packages that included WiFi.

My question is:

Does anyone know if there is free WiFI in a restaurant or bar in Cayman/George Town or Falmouth/Jamaica at the docking area? 

Thanks

Some of them may have free Wi-Fi and you can always use your cell phone with International roaming.

7 minutes ago, radioman said:

Does anyone know if there is free WiFI (iPad, no cell data) in a restaurant or bar in Cayman/George Town or Falmouth/Jamaica at the docking area? 

you should look for that info in the ports of call subforums:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/89-cayman-islands/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/67-jamaica/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, radioman said:

My question is:

Thanks

Certainly there is. If you use free WiFi I hope you have a VPN. What is free is not really free, don’t trust a free hot spot and that includes VPN’s. Don’t trust a free VPN either. 

just ask the crew.. or follow them. They know all the hotspots. On one cruise it was an outdoor area behind a library.. no seat but just wifi that made its way out

17 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

just ask the crew.. or follow them. They know all the hotspots. On one cruise it was an outdoor area behind a library.. no seat but just wifi that made its way out

Sounds like the Bermuda library. I used to see cruise members there outside and a few blocks away outside one of the banks after hours. In Grand Cayman I know that the Hard Rock Cafe had WiFi. Falmouth unfortunately Margaritavile has closed. There was another place but I can’t recall the name. 

45 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Sounds like the Bermuda library. I used to see cruise members there outside and a few blocks away outside one of the banks after hours. In Grand Cayman I know that the Hard Rock Cafe had WiFi. Falmouth unfortunately Margaritavile has closed. There was another place but I can’t recall the name. 

I think it was Bermuda

Ask any crew member they know for sure.   I'm sure you will find free WiFi -  known places in any port is McDonald's and Starbucks.    Almost all cruise terminal also have free-internet and you will see many crew sitting talking with their families.

I have T-Mobile and they have free international data roaming in 198 countries so no longer have to search for it.

We were in Grand Cayman 2 weeks ago. There's a bar in the port area that advertises free internet with a bar purchase, but said their antenna was knocked out during a storm a few weeks ago. Maybe it'll be available by the time you visit. The bartender said a bar just outside the port gate and to the left had internet available, but I can't verify that since we decided to skip internet at that point and instead wait to access the internet in Aruba later in our trip.