LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

7 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Can you confirm it will be with the medallion and not the card as in the Royal Class ships?

not being onboard that's a question (and a good one) that I have no answer to. I have a feeling we shall know soon enough.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

The Promenade Grill outside on the port side of Deck 9.

IMG_2670.thumb.jpeg.dd1271dd9e7e30301763a131b92b9e17.jpeg

If you talk to anyone can you find out if the veggie burger is any better than on the other Princess ships where it's basically grilled mashed potatoes.

My husband is a vegan and these "burgers" are awful.

Thanks!

Edited by chamima

4 minutes ago, mamafun said:

I dunno - I like seeing the pics of food along with everything else!

Sometimes food pics can overwhelm a thread. I thought CanadianBurger has presented a good balance with this one.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Can you confirm it will be with the medallion and not the card as in the Royal Class ships?

Considering they have implemented medallion technology to control door access to the Cabana deck, it would seem odd not to do this for the Signature Lounge too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dides said:

Considering they have implemented medallion technology to control door access to the Cabana deck, it would seem odd not to do this for the Signature Lounge too.

I agree and it would be very welcome. I hated having to keep track of the concierge access card. Always scared i was going to lose it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dides said:

@dides Any word on how the aft elevators will be handled (in terms of access to The Sanctuary)?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 11:56 PM, CanadianBurger said:

Good morning!

Woke up at 6am after exhaustedly passing out at about 9pm last night. A couple of posts about Barcelona before heading to the port this morning. We're staying for a night at the Le Méridien in central Barcelona. They upgraded us to one of their Terrace Suites, which was very nice. The private patio is huge!

IMG_2242.thumb.jpeg.1efd2be464aafdb66f2d28ba2139f44c.jpeg

IMG_2243.thumb.jpeg.1bc8270c6b2e5d937da344bd581bd5d5.jpeg

IMG_2240.thumb.jpeg.a5856299cec3a7910c28ecce7c9352a8.jpeg

IMG_2245.thumb.jpeg.34aee4dad5273ccf604aeba8bcb97ee6.jpeg

IMG_2246.thumb.jpeg.bae4021cfe34877fe0f4496ebc84e2cc.jpeg

Thanks for the photos.  We're booking 3 nights at Le Méridien for a 2025 cruise.  The room and patio look lovely!

2 hours ago, DELLA1955 said:

Is there only one laundry room?  And only two machines?  For ship this size I would home more rooms/machines!  I can’t see any on deck plans

Now I see them!  I was looking under the “public” spaces!  I’m on 5th deck and there is one down from me!  

• Like 1

So this is weird. Just before we left for dinner, room service came by with a complete second elite minibar setup. No idea why. Double checked the cabin number on his sheet and it was correct. He had no idea either…

IMG_2734.thumb.jpeg.9229d8b69bcfd799e7e2d699ad75f068.jpeg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, CanadianBurger said:

So this is weird. Just before we left for dinner, room service came by with a complete second elite minibar setup. No idea why. Double checked the cabin number on his sheet and it was correct. He had no idea either…

Maybe someone in corporate appreciates your LIVE thread.  😃

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

If both you and your wife are elite, don’t you each get one? 😄

1 hour ago, Once Upon A Time said:

From looking at photographs of the Sun Princess, it appears the all balconies are at least partially covered by the deck above or in the case of Cabana Mini suites, some other covering.. I need to be sure that standard Mini-suites are covered and not open to the world as you would find on Dolphin Deck (9) of the Grand class ships.  I believe I am correct, but don't want to give someone incorrect information.. could someone onboard please verify..   Hope you are all having a fabulous cruise.

This is the best I can manage from onboard. Also, if you look back at my “lean-over” pic, there are uncovered balconies. Not sure if those are minis though. 

IMG_2673.thumb.jpeg.7bc3c22dfa9cb92559c4c5a710e41a49.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Yeah it has to be because you’re absolutely killing in on CC. 🚢 ❤️ 

Enjoy!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CatMom72 said:

Nope, it's one per cabin, regardless of how many Elite passengers may be in said cabin.

If Elite in a Suite, there's 2 set-ups.. one for Elite, one for Suite (perk of cabin category).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CatMom72 said:

Usually,if both are Elite in the cabin, only 1 Elite set up per cabin. Should be if both are Elite in cabin 2 set ups. Definitely earned that perk. But Princess says 1 per cabin.

way to go for @CanadianBurger- whatever the reason

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Yeah it has to be because you’re absolutely killing in on CC. 🚢 ❤️ 

Enjoy!!

I know for a fact, as recently as today, that PCL does monitor CC to some extent.  So maybe...😃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

One thing I’ve noticed: Where’s the Afternoon Tea? It’s not on the Patter, and two staff members I’ve asked said there wasn’t one. 

Not quite the same, but they served Afternoon Tea in The Eatery today on the port side, 3-4pm

Credit: Sofia M

May be an image of english muffin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I am really, really curious how my first Princess cruise on the Sun will compare to Celebrity.

I loved the Equinox til she started getting neglected. She is cozy and homesy, somewhat more oldschool. My last trip was on Edge, and I finally got used to that concept and its liveliness. I started to like it after all resistance.

Now I see all the pictures from Sun, and she appears to be more cozy and homesy again. 

This will be a hard seven monthts of waiting to find out.

• Like 1

Just now, gah_cruise said:

that is NOT a cream tea...sheesh

And it's Chantilly cream - my partner is Cornish and insists it's cream on top...but it has to be Clotted cream 😁

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

I am really, really curious how my first Princess cruise on the Sun will compare to Celebrity.

I loved the Equinox til she started getting neglected. She is cozy and homesy, somewhat more oldschool. My last trip was on Edge, and I finally got used to that concept and its liveliness. I started to like it after all resistance.

Now I see all the pictures from Sun, and she appears to be more cozy and homesy again. 

This will be a hard seven monthts of waiting to find out.

We're on Silhouette next month, then Sun in October.  Comparing them will be fun.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

I think I saw there is a YouTuber on board who said this cruise is actually split into 2 segments as the first was a 5 day media invite and he was checking if he could stay on for the next 5 days, so the ships feels your 10 day sailing is actually 2 five day segments B2B.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dides said:

And it's Chantilly cream - my partner is Cornish and insists it's cream on top...but it has to be Clotted cream 😁

your partner knows what he is talking about,,,,,from one cornish person to another

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I think I saw there is a YouTuber on board who said this cruise is actually split into 2 segments as the first was a 5 day media invite and he was checking if he could stay on for the next 5 days, so the ships feels your 10 day sailing is actually 2 five day segments B2B.

But this is day 3… and it’s definitely not two 5-day segments. 

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 2