LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

16 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

We got back at 3pm and there was zero line to board. By 4:30, there was a huge queue stretching outside the terminal building. The X-ray scanners and magnetrons were inside the port building. Nothing to do at the ship but scan your medallion. 

IMG_3803.thumb.jpeg.a3204fd8c3a4d066d8a83ef9b0df4928.jpeg

It was the same situation last fall. Even having taken a Princess Tour we were left to our own devices to find a way back on board. No Princess ambassadors were even available to separate us from the Celebrity line to the Princess line. New passengers and those already on funneled into the same lines, it was a crush with no directors. We followed a group that went in the crew entrance so saved a little time.

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Even worse might be someone sitting in your balcony chairs if the general area gets filled. 😄

It's a gated community.  You need to have a medallion hooked up with one of the 20+ cabins along that strip in order to be there legally.  I know you were making a joke, but at least the extra loungers outside the cabanas are padded, unlike the sanctuary.

On 3/14/2024 at 1:25 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I have never found anything more uninteresting (to say it nicely) than the silent disco. Please Princess, don’t do this. When I go dancing, the best part is that all of us are dancing to the same collective beat. But enjoy. Worst thing on an X cruise 😜

I also do not appreciate that for me, but it is REALLY HUGE wherever it is offered.

50 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

It's a gated community.  You need to have a medallion hooked up with one of the 20+ cabins along that strip in order to be there legally.  I know you were making a joke, but at least the extra loungers outside the cabanas are padded, unlike the sanctuary.

I realize that it's a "gated area" but there still doesn't appear to be sufficient lounges if everyone wants to be there at the same time. 

I seriously doubt if anyone would be that brash to sit in your personal space but I could see someone hogging a chair while they went elsewhere for a while.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Great thread with lots of information, thank you for all you’ve shared with us. I saw you verified the aft decks with the stairs are public and accessible. Have you checked out the forward decks as well? It looks like decks 10-14 have doors leading out to them so I was curious. 

Only 10 and 11 are accessible to passengers. The forward-facing cabins on 12 are officer’s cabins, and along with the access door to the outside deck, are behind a Crew Only door. I peeked for a second. 14 doesn’t seem to have the access doors. I watched sail away from this area on 11 tonight. Keep the interesting places to explore coming!

IMG_3373.thumb.jpeg.eda91ea9e79fa652423bdc0a96facde4.jpeg

IMG_3372.thumb.jpeg.884dce0e892d5b4b618e871ef0f06097.jpeg

IMG_3377.thumb.jpeg.ef1bdaef0a2305164d91f0d9e9cdd064.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Only 10 and 11 are accessible to passengers. The forward-facing cabins on 12 are officer’s cabins, and along with the access door to the outside deck, are behind a Crew Only door. I peeked for a second. 14 doesn’t seem to have the access doors. I watched sail away from this area on 11 tonight. Keep the interesting places to explore coming!

IMG_3373.thumb.jpeg.eda91ea9e79fa652423bdc0a96facde4.jpeg

Oh I like secret decks...but are you able to stare into those Oceanview stateroom windows?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cr2000 said:

Don't Reserve and Signature members get priority embarkation and de-embarkations at all ports?

For our last couple of cruises Princess has been giving one color luggage tag to Suite passengers and allowing them to disembark at any time within the debark timeframe.  That actually saved us when we had a last minute cancelled flight and had to rush to FLL to make a super early replacement flight.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_3372.thumb.jpeg.884dce0e892d5b4b618e871ef0f06097.jpeg

It's wonderful that Princess has a pool and hot tubs for crew.

Not every cruise line does. (Looking at you Celebrity!)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DELLA1955 said:

I have the Premier package - was a bonus when I booked although the princess agent I booked with didn’t properly record it so I had to fight to get it!  Ended up writing lengthy email to President of Princess and received a phone call next day guaranteeing me the Premier!  Unfortunately the agent left Princess so couldn’t complain to him.  So will look forward to the unlimited fitness and the casual dining!

I was looking forward to it too but then I figured out that only Alfredo’s was open for lunch and then O’Malley’s for a few hours in the evening for dinner. I am surprised that’s what they meant when they advertised unlimited casual dining. I’m happy to hear that you got the Premier package as you were supposed to. Enjoy your cruise! 

6 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

They had a silent disco in the Piazza which was one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever witnessed. Once I grabbed headphones it made a little more sense. The benefit of this is it doesn’t overwhelm the rest of the Piazza. The piano guy was playing at Crooners at the same time. 

IMG_3215.mov 90.78 MB · 18 downloads  

LOL it shows that you have not tried other lines! Have done silent disco on Celebrity, Carnival & RCCL.

We LOVE it--I can dance to the song I like & DH the one he likes.

And just as much fun to watch as dance...always interesting group dynamics.

Thx for this review--we have the Sun booked in 2 years.

I booked a cabana mini-suite as I got an incredible price...strange, tho, I'm certain I clicked Princess Plus, but NOT on the reservation! So will likely switch to a cheaper cabin. Not sure we would like that set up either.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Except it seems CanadianBurger was able to just walk into the area as he said the doors weren’t actually locked… 🫣

• Like 1

I’m putting the “new take” of the French onion soup in its own post because it’s so bad. Epic fail. The bowl comes with a piece of bread with a bit of cheese. Then the soup gets glopped on top. What a hot mess. All the soups on the Sun are now served at the table in a small pitcher poured into the bowl.

IMG_3383.thumb.jpeg.7d649777890abf9fd93a574171a7d551.jpeg

IMG_3385.thumb.jpeg.9715310df816dd97110279b524f1f102.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Thank you again for taking all of us along on your fantastic voyage. Your commentary is so helpful, and your pics are lovely. I realize how much time it takes to post this info, etc. so I think I "speak" for everyone in writing that we're all very appreciative!

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

I’m putting the “new take” of the French onion soup in its own post because it’s so bad. Epic fail. The bowl comes with a piece of bread with a bit of cheese. Then the soup gets glopped on top. What a hot mess. All the soups on the Sun are now served at the table in a small pitcher poured into the bowl.

That is just wrong!   It looks like there is a large “splash zone” with that method too.  Droplets out on the plate and tablecloth, and who knows how much more.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

I agree with you, that doesn’t work.  The whole idea of French Onion Soup is to have the cheese melted on top.  I’m sure they will get a ton of complaints about this and go back to a more traditional preparation.

Thank you for all your posts especially the photos, I haven’t posted a thank you yet because I didn’t want to clutter your awesome thread.

Benny

• Like 1