Ducks! Okay, let’s talk.

31 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

This is a recent change.  They've had issues with ducks clogging the plumbing, and ending up in places they don't belong.  It's my understanding that the crew is directed to pick up any they see to be disposed of properly.  

Who would be that dumb to throw a rubber duck in the toilet! Never mind. 🙃

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Who would be that dumb to throw a rubber duck in the toilet! Never mind. 🙃

From what I read, it happened in the kid's area.  Caused a big problem so they had to shut down half the kid's club for several cruises to do "improvements".

12 hours ago, cruisepest said:

here is a better picture of my duck.

DSCN1764.JPG

Your ducks are adorable!  They are really cute ones and I like that they're white, not yellow (don't ask me why 😂😂🤔).

Like someone mentioned above, when I first heard of this hiding and finding duck "phenomenon", I wondered why people were so into it.

Then I walked off an elevator and found my first duck ... I was pretty excited!  Then I thought "ooooh, I get it now!".

For some reason though, the 4 I've found, are all a little weird-looking!  They've all got some strange little features!  ( I still like having them though. 👍). 

But your ducks are extremely cute!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

This is a recent change.  They've had issues with ducks clogging the plumbing, and ending up in places they don't belong.  It's my understanding that the crew is directed to pick up any they see to be disposed of properly.  

The crew picks them up to collect anyway.

Nothing ne about that. 

Posted (edited)

Grand daughter spent the night. Went to the garage and noticed on that the shelf beside the door leading to the garage has a small duck and a "regular" sized duck. The small one is somewhat fancy and the other is a regular yellow duck. I have to wonder how many I could find if I looked around the house...

We don't take ducks and don't hunt for ducks. The one we found was extremely blatant and "in you face" in the art gallery. (I feel like art gallery should be in quotes or italics as well...)

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

I love Beulah's collection. We debated over getting our sailor ducks and cowboy ducks. The wife won and we got the sailor ducks. Next batch we will go with the cowboy ducks. There are tons of different ducks to buy on Amazon from armed forces ducks to zombie ducks.

• Like 1

I'm boarding the Sky next month with a bunch of ducks dressed as sharks, small but couldn't resist them.  sharkducks.thumb.jpg.a69980c04ba13cbf7569159e65e776aa.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 3/4/2024 at 12:03 AM, charliedalrymple said:

I've never actively looked for ducks on board but always hoped that I might randomly spot one. Never did.  Just how "hidden" are they?

They can be well-hidden! I will slip ducks into the towels in the pool area, in the stacks of lounge chairs, underneath plants in the piazza, in the silverware piles on tables in the buffet. You just have to pay attention. I've found ducks on a bunch of Princess cruises - hidden in the ladies' room, dining rooms, stairways, halls...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Catbert234 said:

They can be well-hidden! I will slip ducks into the towels in the pool area, in the stacks of lounge chairs, underneath plants in the piazza, in the silverware piles on tables in the buffet. You just have to pay attention. I've found ducks on a bunch of Princess cruises - hidden in the ladies' room, dining rooms, stairways, halls...

My wife found one in the Christmas tree. 😃

I suppose they could also be found at Princess Cays. There's plenty of hiding spots over there. 

6 hours ago, Eno said:

I'm boarding the Sky next month with a bunch of ducks dressed as sharks, small but couldn't resist them.  sharkducks.thumb.jpg.a69980c04ba13cbf7569159e65e776aa.jpg

Those are great—are they from Amazon?

We’ve never done the ducks, but are taking a family cruise on Enchanted this summer and I’m thinking of getting some for our young niece and nephew to hide.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gimer said:

Off Crown in January.  Future Cruise Consultant Beulah is a big collector. image.thumb.jpeg.9880d58de768ec053b34ff4776230950.jpeg

Screenshot_20240307-220940_Photos.jpg

Thank you for posting these photos ... they made me smile so hard when I saw them this morning!  Cuteness overload!

I'm not especially impressed when I find a really tiny one, but the littlest ones in the photo are adorable to look at.

Now ... I MUST find one of the ones with the Einstein wild "hair"! 🤞😂

I have not read a lot on this board, but after 15 plus cruises, I found my first duck and was thrilled!  And then go figure we were at the bar with my new precious duck and the Duck donors were sitting right next to us.  I just think this is an amazing fun thing to do.  I have many I will be bringing on our next few cruises.  My thoughts, be careful and thoughtful where you place them.  There are negative comments.  Don’t put anyone in danger.  Happy cruising!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

The are harmless fun but I'm sure they are a mystery to many that find them.  I wonder if anyone has ever turned them in as lost and found. 

they usually have tags on them explaining that you can keep or rehide them with a caution not to put them in certain places like stores, pools or hot tubs. 

• Like 2

On one my first cruises to Hawaii, they had a “most adventurous duck” photo contest.  It was either Diamond or Golden, I think.  They gave us a duck and we took it around the ship and ashore and photographed it.  The group that received the ducks got together and shared their photos, and there was a prize of wine or something else like you get at trivia games.

• Like 1

Way too much good clean fun.  I have twenty that I am taking with me the end of this month for my Mom’s burial at sea on the Discovery. I actually found a personalized sticker to put on the tag.  I hope whoever finds our ducks will keep them knowing it was from an Angel looking down from heaven on our cruise.  I have posted before, but this will be her first cruise and her last. RIP beautiful Mom! 😇

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1